OK I'll admit it.

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaddyVDUB
  • 72 comments
  • 5,214 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you vdub.

Unlimited tire was why I was in the Ferrari Events so much for the last two updates. It's a racing simulator, it only makes sense to have R tires on the cars.

That doesn't make any sense.
 
I think road cars in their stock form with their stock tires is fine. I find they always feel right in GT5P. I think one-make races with stock cars would be greatThe problem comes when you start boosting the HP & leave them on the stock tires - just like IRL they become too twitchy to drive "safely".

The real problem with GT5P is the fact that you are so restricted in what you can race online. With the ability to organize our own events, drivers could set up the kind of events they enjoy the most - & everyone would be happy! :D
 
Just food for thought:

Weight is not transferred to your Dualshock 3. There is no way for you to feel how much weight has shifted, or how fast, during a turn.

In your car you can feel that, in the game, you cannot. It is entirely possible that you are throwing the weight around too much, too quickly, which will cause your tires to lose traction much faster than a slower, less intense shift of weight.

Sorry I dont use dualshock, I use a DFGT it does a pretty fair job of giving feedback thru the wheel.

Thats a good point Biggles.
 
Well i agree with the sliding on tarmac on somecorners where you dont have to brake you go through full power the car either goes wide or spins. Daytona road is awfull first corner im braking miles and miles before jsut after the start finish line and i start spinning and i cant slow down its really annoying but oh well still good fun.
 
I think the problem is that 1. You dont feel the G-forces and think you're going slow through a corner and 2. The sense of speed and fear of crashing isnt very strong. I would hate it if they made the game easier just to please those who want to push the car without grip limits. The standard physics events are more than the simulation ones so just stick to doing those? :/
 
The problem comes when you start boosting the HP & leave them on the stock tires - just like IRL they become too twitchy to drive "safely".

Truth has been spoken.
For example : last night while racing @ 650pp Daytona road , going side by side is nearly impossible , while you or the other guy may twitch , you slide off taking out the other racer , and you know it was purely incidental , but it's frustrating.I barely and I say barely bumped ole' Dubbs , oh my , he looked like a hockey puck sliding across the ice.While it was kind of amusing looking at how the car slid away into nowhere land never to be found again ( not laughing at you 'Dubbs , please forgive me ) , it was sad to see that such a minor bump can do this.While on "R" tires , you can get away with a brush , no harm , no foul , it's all good.
 
I asume you are joking...? Fastest guys I have met dont race beginner, and I have raced way to much...!




sorry to hear you have raced too much, I average 3 hours a day racing 2+ testing ???....... but true and we were all talking about how racing clean will do more to teach beginners how to race clean and drive the big D...........................
 
Last edited:
the fuji 550 event is where the real drivers drive.

i couldn't be happier with this event.
 
Heh, what does that even mean?

Anyways, it really is a fun event. The Imprezas are tough to beat!
 
I asume you are joking...? Fastest guys I have met dont race beginner, and I have raced way to much...!




sorry to hear you have raced too much, I average 3 hours a day racing 2+ testing ???....... but true and we were all talking about how racing clean will do more to teach beginners how to race clean and drive the big D...........................

i dont dare tell my hours:lol: To me a fast driver is one who can MASTER a track like suzuka or nurburgring,... not driving in a circle..
 
take a real driver and turn him insideout........


sorry... I did not know I was talking to Superman ....
 
Last edited:
Yes im quite super :sly: Hope I see you on track someday...in my mirror..
 
Yes im quite super :sly: Hope I see you on track someday...in my mirror..


pent up frustration is bad you better go fly around one of your master tracks......next F2007 event......you have a race
 
Well I know that there are other guys on this forum that race in reality such as myself. If you have not pushed a car to the limits on multiple kinds of tires(psi levels) and suspension setups(OE included), you really don't have a reference point for what feels real or not.

If you are sliding off the road at 55mph in reality, there is either something wrong with the cars suspension, tires and or you are just trying way to hard.

Playing with my DFP with no aids, force feed back set at 10 in sim mod, I can feel a good amount of oversteer and understeer. I am very impressed at how throttle/braking modulations that i would do to my 240 or skyline actually work on the game to help steer the car.
 
Well I know that there are other guys on this forum that race in reality such as myself. If you have not pushed a car to the limits on multiple kinds of tires(psi levels) and suspension setups(OE included), you really don't have a reference point for what feels real or not.

If you are sliding off the road at 55mph in reality, there is either something wrong with the cars suspension, tires and or you are just trying way to hard.

Playing with my DFP with no aids, force feed back set at 10 in sim mod, I can feel a good amount of oversteer and understeer. I am very impressed at how throttle/braking modulations that i would do to my 240 or skyline actually work on the game to help steer the car.
 
Well I know that there are other guys on this forum that race in reality such as myself. If you have not pushed a car to the limits on multiple kinds of tires(psi levels) and suspension setups(OE included), you really don't have a reference point for what feels real or not.

If you are sliding off the road at 55mph in reality, there is either something wrong with the cars suspension, tires and or you are just trying way to hard.

Playing with my DFP with no aids, force feed back set at 10 in sim mod, I can feel a good amount of oversteer and understeer. I am very impressed at how throttle/braking modulations that i would do to my 240 or skyline actually work on the game to help steer the car.
 
I've only ever driven with the FF set very low, on account of recovering from a motorcycle racing crash. Now that I'm mostly normal again I tried a little driving with the FF set at 10, and it does help tame the otherwise swerve-happy feeling. But I dont think its a coincidence that drifting is a considerable part of GT now, and that low grip is offered in abundance in general throughout the entire game.
 
delete mods... double post sorry
 
I have to admit myself that i thought this race would suck but its actually where i have had some of my best races, using the 350z i have been pretty successful, having lots of very close races
 
well I think it is interesting that most of the fastest guys are running Daytona beginner
Based on what you wrote, I just tried that race - a race I've never tried before, with no practice, on an unfamiliar track in an unfamiliar car - and won two from three. It would have been three from three if I hadn't been punted off in the last race. The standard of driving was very low, much lower than in the 550pp Fuji event. The track was dull, the handling was tediously easy on standard physics and the other drivers looked like, well, a bunch of beginners. I'm not even one of the fastest guys.

Where can I find these fastest guys? Do they race at particular times? Perhaps they all live in NTSC land.
 
I agree with you vdub i dont mind the events they put on if only they put a high pp event with slick tyres aswell i would been happy
 
The only event that I think it was a waste for us but not for "THEM (PD)" is the Citroen(BatMobile) on Suzuka Expert. Are you kidding me? Put this on Inter or even on begginners but not professional. They killed a perfect event for this. The rest is fine, it's different and I like since it makes you drive this time around specially Fuji on N3 tires. I don't think it's that bad....but getting the right car and right setup is key...so I am fine with that.
 
The only event that I think it was a waste for us but not for "THEM (PD)" is the Citroen(BatMobile) on Suzuka Expert. Are you kidding me? Put this on Inter or even on begginners but not professional. They killed a perfect event for this. The rest is fine, it's different and I like since it makes you drive this time around specially Fuji on N3 tires. I don't think it's that bad....but getting the right car and right setup is key...so I am fine with that.



Just showing off the Citroen brand I assume, which is the reason the car was made and added to the game in the first place (no one was racing the C4 VTS).
 
No one here really knows what S tyres represent, you are just assuming they represent minimal grooved slicks. Good half the cars in GT5P are quoted to be realistic using S1's as fresh tyres and a couple with S2's, these cars do not use DOT slicks with grooves in real life.

You misunderstood, me. I'm saying the S tires in GT5 act more like the tires you get with a stock car, than actual sports tires. Sports tires IMO have to be somewhere between slicks and all weather radials. So it only makes sense to assume that the latter (S3) of this category would be something like these Yokos.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+A048

While S2 would be something like these Bridgestones, which also happens to be the stock tire on the GTR.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE070R+RFT

So my argument is, why are we allowed to raise the power of these cars to the max and lower the weight to the min., but we have to race with nearly stock tires. You're never going see bunch of 600HP cars that weight 2500 lbs. race on street rubber in real life. That's nonsense.

Also, I know that there are series where the cars are equipped with street tires, but you also have to remember that these cars are usually very low on power, and are nearly stock. A Miata spec series for example might run street tires. Also, the racing schools here in America run street tires on their single seaters, but the engine is a low torque, 120 HP Mazda unit. And the drivers are there to learn, not go flat out.
 
So my argument is, why are we allowed to raise the power of these cars to the max and lower the weight to the min., but we have to race with nearly stock tires.


Well yeah, I prefer standard car racing anyway and will I want events like that to return, I'm not fond of the overly simple quick tune. I will leave my tuning for GT5.

Bring in a few touring cars in to GT5P and I am all for R tyre racing!
 
All those in favor say "yea " 👍

"Aye" :p
Those opposed?

I'll take anything: BTCC, DTM, WTCC, V8 Supercars, VLN, etc. Just as long as we get a decent range of vehicles for the category, for variety.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back