OK I'll admit it.

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaddyVDUB
  • 72 comments
  • 5,214 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in,as long as I can use my Red Bull Audi TT Touring Car I'm a happy boy.:sly:

With Race Tires.
 
With Race Tires, yes.

Touring cars are a great balance between insane speed (F1) and insane slowness (stock street car with street tires on a large racing circuit.) Some of these contrived low speed and grip challenges remind me of what bomber pilots used to say about their missions in WWII: 6 hours of sheer boredom (straights) punctuated by 15 seconds of sheer panic (corners.) :-)
 
With Race Tires, yes.

Touring cars are a great balance between insane speed (F1) and insane slowness (stock street car with street tires on a large racing circuit.) Some of these contrived low speed and grip challenges remind me of what bomber pilots used to say about their missions in WWII: 6 hours of sheer boredom (straights) punctuated by 15 seconds of sheer panic (corners.) :-)

Thats not how I'd describe Touring Cars, I'd say they are a great way to learn racing at high speeds with high performance race cars but without the insane speed but still keeping the grip and stability of race cars.


But first of all, we need some Cup cars, which are even more fun and even more driver friendly and allow a lot more contact without people losing control.
 
Why do you need to quote me to describe what *you* think about touring cars?
 
Well, I just hate people keep kocking me off the track, that's frustrating..
 
@DaddyVDub
I think the issue here and why most cannot agree is more with the car being used. The Fuji event with N3 tires is a joke if you try it with the F40 but feels about right with the 350z. I think it all depends on the car. I think a good way for PD to resolve this is to highlight a recommended tire choice for each car in the tire choice menu. For example, S2 can be highlighted for the F40 so you know it might not be a good choice to use for an event that calls for N3 tires. The 350z could be highlighted at N2 or N3 which would make it more clear it would be a better choice for such an event. Perhaps when the tunning is modified, say hp is increased, the highlighted tire choice will be adjusted accordingly. I know PD already has a list in their online manual but would be more helpful if that was integrated into the tire menu. Cheers.
 
Hey that almost makes sense .:sly:
 
The biggest problem with online is the rubber band effect. Not only because jackasses can keep up but also if you start in pole and keep that position for a lap or so, then you spin out and 5-6 cars overtake you. It's like driving a whole other car. That means if you dont pay attention and test out the "new car" you will end up in a second spin-out just because the physics of the car has changed.
 
If you not drive on standard its no RBE...
 
The grip is fine when your going at speed but on slow corners with none R tyres it still feels a bit icy. I'm sorry but if you went out and got a 430 and it didn't go round corners at 40mph you'd be a bit fu@ked off..
 
Think thats a valid point there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back