Old CRAP PCARS Endurance Race Thread

• Thread starter Mr_D
  • 270 comments
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Capt_Quarck
Spooky Wooky will host a Le Mans room this Saturday and Sunday (13th and 14th of June) around 5PM BST (GMT+1). 22 Laps (around 80minutes) races. For more details see last pages in this thread. OP will not be updated as Ill be abroad this weekend.

CRAP Racing rules and Etiquette (also known as the CRAP Commandments):

1. Deliberate and/or repetitive corner cutting is forbidden.

2. If you come off the track you must re-enter with care by looking to ensure the track is clear.

3. Rage quitting the lobby is prohibited. If you have to leave the race early, please inform the race steward about the reason.

4. Dangerous and reckless driving is prohibited. If you cause an accident you must allow the victim to regain their place ahead of you even if that means other drivers pass you also.

5. You must respect and adhere to all instructions given by the race steward(s). For casual events the steward is the room host or whoever wishes to take on the role.

6. Attempting to subvert the regulations in any way will result in instant DQ from the event.

7. Breaching the pit blend line is prohibited.

8. Dive-bombing and ramming are strictly prohibited.

9. The stewards ruling is final and must be respected.

10. HAVE FUN AND ENJOY YOURSELF :)

Next race details

Date and time:
Track:
Cars:
Laps:
Driving aids:
Damage and tyre wear: Real
Pitstop: 1 mandatory
AI: Grid will be filled. AI level 80
Drivers:
GTP account - PSN ID - Car - Livery

Winner 1st CRAP PCARS ENDURANCE RACE (SPA FRANCORCHAMPS): copes24

Winner 2nd CRAP PCARS ENDURANCE RACE (LE MANS 24HR): Magrathea_42

Link to CRAP thread

Last edited:
Any clues as to which track? I like the GT3 cars. I have yet to drive 90% of the tracks in the game so would like to get some practice in before Sunday.

Not sure, my personal favourites are Brno, Spa, Catalunya, Dubai. But Im open to suggestions :)

anything is ok with me. I'll probably be near the back this first one anyway with almost zero practice time this week. I just want to experience the game to see what it has to offer. :dopey:

I would like to join. :) With enough drivers, GT3 Class would be awesome! Funny, haven't driven Spa in ProjectCars yet. Weird.
Welcome! Ill put you on the list :)

It seems we'll be running GT3 cars on Spa then.

Now that we have a couple of people together maybe its time to get into some specifics?

I want to suggest:
-15min practice (you can of course practice in advance but this gives everybody time to join)
-15min qualifying
-30laps (Im guessing 1 lap is around 2min? Ill test this today)
-1 mandatory pitstop
-Weather: anything but rain
-time progression: realtime

Let me know what you think!

Also, since we pretty much decided on the class, could everyone post his preferred car and livery?

Going to try and get some testing done this evening now I know the class and track.
Will let you know which car and livery soon.
All the event settings look good to me!

Laptime is around 2:30min, so I suggest 25 laps ~1 hour

I was thinking maybe we speed up time progression 25x so we race in day and night?? :)

sign me up :)
Welcome! I'll put you on the list :)

If I'm not mistaken, 1= 25 is 1 real second = 25 in game seconds. 1=x60 will be 24 minutes for a 24 hour cycle.

Yes, you're right. But we're driving for ~1 hour (25 laps), so increasing time to x25 (x24 is not possible) will make 25 hours pass by, so you have 1 day-night cycle :)

But the question is do you guys want to drive a day-night race or should we just stick to normal time progression?

I updated the original post with the CRAP racing rules and etiquette. Be sure to read them, the most important thing will be to have a clean and fun race!

OK I have a question. With one mandatory pit stop we are going to have to sort out a pit strategy. I haven't worked through this part of the game so can anyone give me some clues how to set one up?

OK I have a question. With one mandatory pit stop we are going to have to sort out a pit strategy. I haven't worked through this part of the game so can anyone give me some clues how to set one up?
To be honest its pretty straight forward. Go to the pit strategy menu and you can select amount of fuel, whether or not you want to change tyres, and the tyre pressures. Since we have 1 mandatory pitstop and 'only' a 1 hour race, I suggest you race on soft compound and also change for soft tyres in the pit, you wont wear them out in 30minutes.

Fuel you will have to calculate yourself. Although you could chose to run with enough fuel for 1 hour, its probably best to run with just enough for half the race and then refuel for the rest of the race.

If you run a practice session and change your tyre pressures, be sure to change them in your pitstrategy as well, sometimes the game gives you crazy pressures by default.

When youre done, rename the strategy and save it. When you pit in you can then chose your strategy :)

Sign me up.
Ruf RGT-8 GT3 - Huntclub #40
Nice to have you onboard!

@Eyeseeh50 @micantony @Ph1sher @Idinity @copes24 @Magrathea_42 @EgotisticSphinx

Some quick reminders for tonight:
1. There will be a mandatory pitstop so be sure to have a pitstrategy saved!
2. We will be racing in a day-night cycle so be sure to have your headlights mapped to a button!
3. Real damage is on so be carefull! If you crash and cant make it to the pits youll get a DNF!
4. Only antilock brakes are allowed
5. Room will be up from ~1845 BST (GMT+1), practice starts from 1900, qualifying from 1915 and the actual race starts at 1930. You can still join from practice and qualifying if you cant make it sooner.
6. Add me on PSN if you havent allready: 'Dongel'. Room will be private.
7.Drive clean and have fun :)

Last edited:
Back