Old CRAP PCARS Endurance Race Thread

• Thread starter Mr_D
  • 270 comments
Only thing is circuit de la sarthe is a pretty big circuit. Maybe it can be a little empty if we dont have a full grid? I suppose we should all have some practice on it so we can stick together a bit more :)

How long should the race last? 4hrs is a bit too much for me ;)

I will try and make the 7th ( missed last one due to holiday) if I have no family commitments. 4 hrs too long for me though. still not used most of cars or driven a lot of the tracks but happy to go with the flow on whatever is decided. Psn Storm--Trooper- if anyone wants to add me.

An hour is fine, possibly 2 but that's all at this stage with so many bugs in the game.
It may be worth filling the grid with AI drivers and hope they don't all give up at the first bend like the last time :-)

I agree eyeseeh, you never know what gamebreaking bug you might run into this time :D

Personally I like it to be a bit longer then 1 hour because this is the 24hr of Le Mans after all..so 90 minutes then? If you lot agree :)

can the grid be filled up with lower class AI cars (GT3)? to make it interesting and give us stuff to pass throughout?

I've only been online once so i have no idea how it all works yet.

can the grid be filled up with lower class AI cars (GT3)? to make it interesting and give us stuff to pass throughout?

I've only been online once so i have no idea how it all works yet.

I've tried this offline and if you are driving an LMP1 car and select "multi-class" you will see lots of other LMP and Prototype cars, but no GT cars. You would still get a wide variety of speeds which may make things interesting. I don't think there is any way to choose exactly what kind of cars the ai will be in multi-class.

wait, i thought this was supposed to be the bestest, most awesomest and realistic racing experience EVAH! and we can't run LMP and GT cars together at Lemans?
penaltyflag.gif

wait, i thought this was supposed to be the bestest, most awesomest and realistic racing experience EVAH! and we can't run LMP and GT cars together at Lemans?
penaltyflag.gif
Offline I've raced with 44 opponents and 4-5 different classes at the same time (among which GT3-4 and LMP1-2) on circuit de la sarthe, so I think thats pretty awesomest if you ask me ;)

Not totally sure how multiclass races work online though, things tend to be just a bit different online.

Offline I've raced with 44 opponents and 4-5 different classes at the same time (among which GT3-4 and LMP1-2) on circuit de la sarthe, so I think thats pretty awesomest if you ask me ;)

Not totally sure how multiclass races work online though, things tend to be just a bit different online.
Really? Guess I was too dumb to figure that out. Gonna give that a try again.

Really? Guess I was too dumb to figure that out. Gonna give that a try again.
Well, when I was driving with a GT3 and set on multiclass I was racing against all kinds of classes. Maybe its different when you drive a LMP1 on multiclass? This game does tend to do some weird stuff sometimes.

Copes24 and I just had 1 1/2 hour practice session on circuit de La Sarthe. Our findings so far:
1. You can't drive multiclass online like I described before. It will be only LMP1 and 2's.
2. The AI on the grid glitched AGAIN, remaining stationary at the finish...if this happens during the actual race we will just restart the race (or for any other crazy glitch like the insane penalties too), qualifying positions arent that important in a 90min race anyway.
3. You will need some practice but the LMP's are pretty managable and allow for awesome racing. I was afraid the high speed would take away the close racing but theres a lot of slipstreaming and overtakes on the Mulsanne straights. Had a great race with @alegunner68 )

@Magrathea_42 @micantony
I take it you guys are down for sunday the 7th? :)

@alegunner68
You're very welcome to join if you want!

I should be home Friday, If so Im in for some online racing with my new T300:gtpflag:. Not sure if i will be able to make the race if the weather is bad. Can you add me anyway and if a i cant join i will post a msg here.
I will probably take the Mclarren. With the orange decal. Im not sure about the race number. Can we choose them btw

I should be home Friday, If so Im in for some online racing with my new T300:gtpflag:. Not sure if i will be able to make the race if the weather is bad. Can you add me anyway and if a i cant join i will post a msg here.
I will probably take the Mclarren. With the orange decal. Im not sure about the race number. Can we choose them btw
Race is on Sunday (not tomorrow but the one after) and will be in LMP1's. But youre welcome to join ofcourse :)

I'd like to join for Sunday 7th too.

Not driven LMP yet so should be a laugh, but know Le Sarthe very well from many an enduro at Ronin-GT.net (shameful plug, I know!)

Anyway, if allowed, I'll come along. 90 minute race sounds spot-on.

I'd like to join for Sunday 7th too.

Not driven LMP yet so should be a laugh, but know Le Sarthe very well from many an enduro at Ronin-GT.net (shameful plug, I know!)

Anyway, if allowed, I'll come along. 90 minute race sounds spot-on.
Great! Ill put you on the list

You can add me as a definite. I was supposed to be running a race in another series I entered, but it's delayed so now I can do this!!!

LeMons endurance in prototypes is my Project CARS dream.

Is there going to be a day-night sequence?

Maybe next time Ill try not to plan it at the same time as them.. :lol:

By the way, LMP1's with realistic driving aids means no ABS. This can make braking at the end of the Mulsanne straight and the Indianopolis straight very difficult (especially with a controller). Maybe we should allow ABS to prevent us rearending eachother? On the other hand it is part of racing...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back