Old thread. Please delete

• Thread starter ACGreen86
  • 92 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
MI
I've been noticing a trend of "people" claiming that CH is "easiest to drift" and "noob tyre". I thought it was an isolated incident the first time, but now I'm getting it everywhere I go. . . Since when do people get harassed over using CH's!?!?!?!?! Is it just USA lobbies? Is it just me? I've been told to "get off the noob tires", "switch to CS", and a host of other less G-rated comments... What is this?

Calling one tyre "easier" to drift on is stupid. There is no one side to how you can control tyres, they have pros and cons. CH is more forgiving in terms of how the loss of traction is more gradual but is difficult to balance oversteer since it's such a hard compound and doesn't grip well. The inverse of this occurs with CM and CS.

Those who typically call CH "noobish" are those who likely run high HP vehicles and just use CS because they can't control their vehicle with CH.

It really works both ways, in the sense of who is or isn't a 'noob'. There are crowds who claim CH is the noob-ish tire, and there are crowds who claim CS is the noob-ish tire. Originally back in GT5 days there was an easy dominance (not a bad thing) of those who say CS are bad. Here in GT6, the balance has shifted and you can end up running into either one of them. Depends on room to room. Unfortunately you ran into a rather verbal side.

Those who typically call CH "noobish" are those who likely run high HP vehicles and just use CS because they can't control their vehicle with CH.

Bit of a generalization since it's not always, and sometimes not even most of time, true.

This is likely going to cause a stir in the drifting community.

*Grabs popcorn*

I was once called a noob because I wasn't "speed drifting" like another person was. He was in a fully modded ZR1 with racing hard tires and kept bumping into me when I was drifting in a BTR on CH tires.

Bit of a generalization since it's not always, and sometimes not even most of time, true.

I understand it's a generalisation but in my experience this tends to be the case (At least on GT5. Haven't been on GT6 as much so it could be different now)

That sucks you've come across those people. I must not see the same amount as you what with the completely opposite timezones we have.

Knowing the drifting community, if PD implemented a tire called Drift tires and they were perfect for drifting, the same thing would happen. Honestly, I've never seen a group of people so cancerous as the Drifting crowd in Gran Turismo (With Drag Racing coming in a close 2nd)

@ACGreen86 mate you must of stumbled across some bad rooms, In all honesty CH have been the drifting standard for quite a while now and I totally agree with some comments above. I have found with GT6 the physics have changed especially tire grip levels, In GT5 I could not drift on anything but CH and now in GT6 in will play with all the comfort range tires while practicing on my own. For the sake of drifting online I will always play with CH tires because I have found the opposite to you that most drift rooms prefer CH tires. So to answer your question CH tires are nowhere near a noob level they are the standard to which most drifters including this community use and prefer to use.

As a suggestion to you mate just drift on what you like to drift on If people are giving you grief just find another room because in my experience I have not ever come across people as you have described 9 out of 10 rooms I drift in are limited to CH tires

I can make a car drift out of RS. :)
Tires have no meaning in drifting setups. All the other elements does.

On GT5, I may would've believed you but with these new physics, most likely impossible :lol:
By use of LSD and proper suspension, nothing is impossible :)
Tell me a car that can't drift with RS and more than 400hp ?

Use 13 initial and 21/34/47/60 accel + decel (these numbers only) and most of the time, there you are. Erased torque + golden number for the win :) :) :)

Last edited:
By use of LSD and proper suspension, nothing is impossible :)
Tell me a car that can't drift with RS and more than 400hp ?

Ahh but you see you can name cars that are easily able to tackle this task, but what about cars that cannot, this makes it highly unlikely that the task can be accomplished with cars >400hp.

Tuning always helps but the tires are truly the start all end all with low HP drifting.

Plus where's the fun in using RS anyway :lol:

Ahh but you see you can name cars that are easily able to tackle this task, but what about cars that cannot, this makes it highly unlikely that the task can be accomplished with cars >400hp.

Tuning always helps but the tires are truly the start all end all with low HP drifting.

Plus where's the fun in using RS anyway :lol:
I can see a sligth contradiction there :)
I'll make a drifting 2CV with RS just for you, if you like drifting at 20km/h :) (I hope the 2CV spring will be stiff enough though).

Plus, RS smoke smell better :) :) :)

Gold number in the LSD is the key as said in my late edit post :)

I can see a sligth contradiction there :)
I'll make a drifting 2CV with RS just for you, if you like drifting at 20km/h :) (I hope the 2CV spring will be stiff enough though).

Plus, RS smoke smell better :) :) :)

Gold number in the LSD is the key as said in my late edit post :)

Stock CV, lets have some fun with that.

Stock CV, lets have some fun with that.
Not stock. Nobody can make it drift with CSuperHyperH tires stock, the 2CV was build not to drift as they advertised in french when she was released. She have no power to make her power drift with the stock engine : it's somewhere near 15hp, that's something like 10kW and she weights like 6000N or so.
She needs at least twice the power of her weigth under each traction tire or LSD won't even lock.

Plus it's a FF, so you wanna x4 this to throw away the rear on RS nicelly.
Full tune or no drift with 2cv RS, these kind of tire is made for full tunes.

I'll try anyway, that a very hard challenge :)

Man, the 2CV was a very bad exemple from me, I should have chose a FR or RR :)

Last edited:
Not stock. Nobody can make it drift with CSuperHyperH tires stock, the 2CV was build not to drift as they advertised in french when she was released. She have no power to make her power drift with the stock engine : it's somewhere near 15hp, that's something like 10kW and she weights like 6000N or so.
She needs at least twice the power of her weigth under each traction tire or LSD won't even lock.

Plus it's a FF, so you wanna x4 this to throw away the rear on RS nicelly.
Full tune or no drift with 2cv RS, these kind of tire is made for full tunes.

I'll try anyway, that a very hard challenge :)

Man, the 2CV was a very bad exemple from me, I should have chose a FR or RR :)

I would still love to see a vid of any fr on rs drifting one question to you my friend are you using a wheel or controller

I would still love to see a vid of any fr on rs drifting one question to you my friend are you using a wheel or controller
DS3.

I was reading tech doc, I hope the 2CV got fantasy brakes in the game because she's got no rear brakes in reality :)
If I can put like 60-80 kg ballast in the rear, it still may be good.

Answer in 7-8 hours :D

Hell that one is a dumb challenge, I like it :D

DS3.

I was reading tech doc, I hope the 2CV got fantasy brakes in the game because she's got no rear brakes in reality :)
If I can put like 60-80 kg ballast in the rear, it still may be good.

Answer in 7-8 hours :D

Hell that one is a dumb challenge, I like it :D

I can guarantee if you were using a wheel you wouldn't be having this conversation:D BUT I'm very interested to see you drift this cv2 good luck mate and look foward to the outcome 👍

@Stavingo @DrifTa-AJV

Preview...

PHEAR MA DRIFTING DEUDEUCHE :D :D \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ /o/ :D

Gran Turismo Arena (Tracé A).jpg

RS-RS, full power (60hp), full weigth reduction (= -50kg + 50kg of rear ballast = 500kg). The car don't barrel-roll until you really want it and manage to get a barrel roll.

The car doesn't have enought torque to chain drifts, I'm working on smoother transitions via decel LSD.

Accel LSD locks with left-rigth moves, you have to throw the car from one way to the other to lock it. No braking, it's not violent enough. Handbrakes works but not very nicely (the car is too quick to yaw but have not enough weigth to stay like this).

Longer drifts last only 1-2 secs. You can throttle to win 1 sec there, then she grips back.

Last edited:
@BlueShift you crack me up man. Willing to take on anything 👍:lol:

EDIT:

I completely forgot what thread this was about after seeing all the above.

Ignore anyone that calls anyone a n00b and means it. Please, they're not worth the time of day. Move onto another room and run what you want.

We play the game to have fun after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back