Old thread. Please delete

Discussion in 'GT6 Drifting' started by ACGreen86, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lspredator

lspredator

I have, but CH tires feel like driving on snow, with bad snow tires

2. lspredator

lspredator

I can adjust my Tune to follow cars on CH tires with a car on cm tires :)

3. PsuPepperoni

PsuPepperoni Premium

I don't think people really even need to adjust their tunes to avoid ramming, they just need to learn about a revolutionary new technique called slowing down.

4. twodogsgolden

twodogsgolden

What a novel idea

PsuPepperoni likes this.
  5. Situation1994

Situation1994

This whole discussion about tires is a big blown up topic started by people who can't drift (i do not mean the posters, i mean the people saying CH is a noobish tyre) because everybody drives differently and need other tyres for their specific car, in fact none of the tyres are noobish, they get called by the people who can't control their car on these tyres like others (like us) do

6. 194GVan

194GVan Premium

As a GT noob (again) all I know is I spent several hours practicing on CH tires, the overall feeling being annoyed and discouraged. Drifting was possible but it wasn't really much (any) fun having to be so delicate with the car, it was so easy to just make a slightly exaggerated input and ruin everything...

Switched to CM tires and now I can actually drift at least 2-3x better. The CM tires just have the level of grip I prefer.

GTGranpa, DrifTa-AJV and CallmeDan like this.
  7. Dan

Dan Premium

I'm glad that you found something that works for you. :tup:

FussyFez likes this.
  8. ACGreen86

ACGreen86

I'm definitely not trying to bash anyone for using what tire they like best. If you love a certain tire, then drift the hell out of it and be proud. Personally, I like to drift on CH tires, set my room to CH, and put on some Five Finger Death Punch. What I don't like is catching flak for my tire preference... I like rooms where everyone can tandem together without having to worry about people "running too fast cuz SH noob" or "too slow CH noob gtfo". This argument seems to work both ways, and recently I've heard it all. I MUST be joining the absolute worst rooms ever because all I ever hear now is arguments about tire choice.

9. PsuPepperoni

PsuPepperoni Premium

I know fully well that the "slippery slope" concept is a logical fallacy, but I'm using it anyway.

If we say it's all right for people to use CS tires in our drift lobbies, they'll start to want SS, and by summer we'll all have to drift on RS!

Warren4649 and GTGranpa like this.
  10. Serum

Serum

Too bad you can't make a room "wheel only," but let it allow ds3 users in who are using ch to enter. That would solve the problem for those who care about getting hit.

I would tip my hat to the guy using a wheel and GOING HAM using Sx or Rx tires.

Biller and DrifTa-AJV like this.
  11. twitcher

twitcher

Sorry to hear about your experiences :(. Fortunately, I have not had to deal with this type of atmosphere for a few years now, as I typically only join rooms that are hosted or populated by fellow GTP drifters (sometimes, I'll join a random Tsukuba lobby just to punish myself XD). In my experience, it is with the non-GTP community that these situations happen.

Over the last 3+ years I have been fortunate enough to populate my PSN friends list with almost exclusively GTP folk, so I don't have much trouble finding decent rooms.

Perhaps a simple work-around for this problem would be for those of us who host rooms to simply add a GTP tag to the room name so the "good" rooms are easier to find. My hope would then be that these GTP labeled rooms could be held to the standards laid out by the GTP track etiquette guidelines. Just a suggestion.

Serum and Stavingo like this.
  12. TexRex

TexRex Premium

I have nothing against people using other tires in other rooms. If someone asks me to allow a little more grip I'm willing to oblige until the inevitable time that people are getting too fast and not respecting those that are slower.

JDM_Tuning_S3OZ likes this.
  13. Lazy Liquid

Lazy Liquid

OMG... these threads...

Warren4649 and GTGranpa like this.
  14. xghosthunterx

xghosthunterx

People get mad at me for AWD drifting, but my Torque setting is 10/90 to make it act like a fr car. They say AWD is cheating. Btw I use ch's

NIracer likes this.
  15. Dan

Dan Premium

Still, 10/90 is not rear wheel drive. Power is still being sent to the front wheels, so it acts like a 4WD car, not a rear wheel drive car. A 4WD car performs significantly different from a rear wheel drive car. I don't have a problem with people using 4WD cars, just as long as they don't hit other people.

Stavingo likes this.
  16. xghosthunterx

xghosthunterx

I am not one of those type, I usually let people pass me so I don't impede traffic. I know what you are saying and agree a lot immature people out there and it's not just their age I am talking about.

CallmeDan likes this.
  17. iNflow

iNflow

[​IMG]

Aki Ishikawa and GTGranpa like this.
  18. Mr Shakotan

Mr Shakotan

CH tires are the hardest to use whoever said they are noob tires is a noob. Everybody should be on CH tires with rwd cars only. That way we can see who has actual skill and who is relying on tire grip and the awd power split to help them.

Streeto likes this.
  19. Dan

Dan Premium

Oh yay. More elitism.

20. Streeto

Streeto

Do you even drift bro? :lol: (jokes)

Who's being an elitist? Do you know what elitist means?

21. Isho

Isho

Except not everybody drifts to show their skills.

22. TH137Z

TH137Z

Says he who wins every comp he enters lol.

23. Isho

Isho

:guilty:

24. Stavingo

Stavingo

:sly::tup:

25. TH137Z

TH137Z

Ahaha sorry, had to. :p

Isho likes this.
  26. shmogt

shmogt

lol ya like some people said anyone who says CH are for noobs are noobs. You just touch the gas and the rear will start to spin. Very difficult to control high hp cars.

27. Streeto

Streeto

If you spin by just "touching" the gas you need to practice that throttle control... and maybe re-tune your suspension.

;)

Tetsu_X, Stavingo and TexRex like this.
  28. TH137Z

TH137Z

Think he meant spin the wheels lol.

29. Streeto

Streeto

That's what I mean... :p

30. TexRex

TexRex Premium

*seeks shelter*

Or, ya know...use something with less power. :lol: