Old Timers... New Comers

How far back do you go back in being a fan of GT? which game was the first you played

  • Gran Turismo 1 & 2

    Votes: 125 71.8%
  • Gran Turismo 3 & 4

    Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

    Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Gran Turismo 5 is the First time I've played it

    Votes: 14 8.0%

  • Total voters
    174
  • Poll closed .
Messages
638
United States
Los Angeles, CA
Messages
scoobyonline2000
I recently began to play Gran Turismo 2 again and was wondering how many people who recently purchased Gran Turismo 5, played Gran Turismo 2 or 1 when they were out for the PlayStation back in the late 90's... I'm obviously one of them.. how about you all??
 
I mowed lawns just to afford the first game and the console. Broke my back, and it was worth every single penny. Played every single game since, rather fanatically as well.
 
I'm in my teens and I did play GT2. I can't remember much but I know I did love playing it and have played every GT game since.
 
I mowed lawns just to afford the first game and the console. Broke my back, and it was worth every single penny. Played every single game since, rather fanatically as well.

I did the same, expect just washed cars for various family members and sold some old games I had for my PSX.
 
Yup, have played all the GT titles. In that time I have wore out 2 PS1's, 2 PS2's and have had to put a new hdd in my phat PS3. No regrets. But I don't have any interest in going back to those games.
 
But I don't have any interest in going back to those games.

Interesting. Why not? I have been looking around for a PS2 and a copy of GT4 myself.
 
Crazy to think how young I was when I started the GT series, now I'm pushing 30 :(

Edit: I found my copy of GT3 in the garage the other day. No clue where my PS2 is.
 
Crazy to think how young I was when I started the GT series, now I'm pushing 30 :(

It is absolutely crazy. Thanks for putting that in perspective for me Destroyah, as I am north of 30. I have a kid that will remember playing GT5 already. :guilty:

I will say though, I will still be one of the first inline to buy GT6 and PS4 if need be.
 
Interesting. Why not? I have been looking around for a PS2 and a copy of GT4 myself.

The quality of the graphics and gameplay, GT has steadily improved over these years and I very much enjoy that improvement. Add to that the improvements in the quality in televisions today and you end up with a new GT that blows away the earlier versions. I don't believe I would enjoy GT4 on my 47", 240hz Led/Lcd tv. I'm enjoying GT5 so much that I got a wheel for the first time, never felt that way about any game before. I could go on in more detail, but you get the picture.
 
I recently purchased an original PSOne console from amazon, brand new and have been playing a lot of my old PS1 games.. GT1 and GT2 are at the top of my list... Which actually makes me wonder why the never brought back tracks like Red Rock Valley and Grindwald (spelling?)....


I'll get hated for this but I'm going to be 27 in July.. but even at 30 its still a young age man, no worries!
 
It is absolutely crazy. Thanks for putting that in perspective for me Destroyah, as I am north of 30. I have a kid that will remember playing GT5 already. :guilty:

I will say though, I will still be one of the first inline to buy GT6 and PS4 if need be.

I'm knocking on 50's door and I plan to be in that line with you. Guess we are all insane.👍
 
I'm knocking on 50's door and I plan to be in that line with you. Guess we are all insane.👍
:cheers: to insanity then!!!

The quality of the graphics and gameplay, GT has steadily improved over these years and I very much enjoy that improvement. Add to that the improvements in the quality in televisions today and you end up with a new GT that blows away the earlier versions. I don't believe I would enjoy GT4 on my 47", 240hz Led/Lcd tv. I'm enjoying GT5 so much that I got a wheel for the first time, never felt that way about any game before. I could go on in more detail, but you get the picture.

I have to agree with you in some regards. I have a 3D 50" Plasma, and the ps2 might be a joke to use on it. But I so miss the content of GT4!
 
I played GT2 on my PC using emulator.
I tried emulating GT4 using PS2 emulator, but ... failed.
 
Gt1 first ps racing game I got. I loved it to Bits although I couldn't drive =). I never actually played sim mode fully. I was 5 what do you expect.
 
:cheers: to insanity then!!!



I have to agree with you in some regards. I have a 3D 50" Plasma, and the ps2 might be a joke to use on it. But I so miss the content of GT4!

I do believe that PD is not finished with the content for GT5. Unlike some here however, I believe that it was intentional and good marketing. With regular releases of additional content, I will be playing this game for years. I'm thinking that Kaz and Sony are after that same thing. Longevity.
 
I do believe that PD is not finished with the content for GT5. Unlike some here however, I believe that it was intentional and good marketing. With regular releases of additional content, I will be playing this game for years. I'm thinking that Kaz and Sony are after that same thing. Longevity.

I agree.. there are a few tracks and cars (I think) that are not in GT5 that were in earlier games (Renault Escape F1 from GT2)... I hope that now since the ability to provide DLC is there, that they use it.. much like they are and have been with these "controversial" patches they've been releasing.
 
I do believe that PD is not finished with the content for GT5. Unlike some here however, I believe that it was intentional and good marketing. With regular releases of additional content, I will be playing this game for years. I'm thinking that Kaz and Sony are after that same thing. Longevity.

I certainly hope so. In this day and age, it would seem crazy for it be any but. I feel the only reason we haven't seen more is how hard it must be get the licensing rights to "new" cars. Hence the reason, IMO, to why we received a Edge version of the Camaro instead of a Edge version of say a Atom. But, no matter the outcome on DLC, I will still be a loyal fan!
 
The first GT I ever played was GT3, when I was 5:D

Only started to build up my skills when I got GT4, and perfected my cockpit-view driving in GTPSP and Prologue:sly:
 
I got GT2 a couple of months after it's release. I found out the hard way that on the non Playstation Hits version, your whole garage gets deleted after a while. After that, I got the first GT, beat that then got the PS Hits version of GT2. I've been lurking on this site since I first got GT2.
 
I agree.. there are a few tracks and cars (I think) that are not in GT5 that were in earlier games (Renault Escape F1 from GT2)... I hope that now since the ability to provide DLC is there, that they use it.. much like they are and have been with these "controversial" patches they've been releasing.

IMO the only reason these patches are so controversial is because most players cant see further than the game screen in front of them and on a couple of them that PD underestimated how enthusiastically this community was going to dissect their 6 years of effort.

@Koios - Just noticed your up in Fort Collins, I'm in Denver, on the southwest side. Guess we may be in that line together after all.
 
@Koios - Just noticed your up in Fort Collins, I'm in Denver, on the southwest side. Guess we may be in that line together after all.

We just may be then!!! Depends on who has the best pre-order!!! To funny! :)
 
Would love to continue, but need to be up in 5 hours. Subscription added. Hope the flamers don't find us!
 
Would love to continue, but need to be up in 5 hours. Subscription added. Hope the flamers don't find us!

Amen to that friend.

In the meantime, I can't believe the poll results that show so many people played since game one. I find that surprising. 👍
 
I played 1, 2, and 3 to bits right from the start.
Sadly for an Australian I never got GT4, which I'm led to believe had the best Aussie car content of the entire series but alas I'd lost interest in my PS2 for a while there.
I gave my PS2 and GT3 to a mate when I updated to PS3 in the belief that GT5 would be out shortly lol.
Been thinking I should head over to his place and give it another shot for old times sake as I really miss the magical effect of the way the sunlight used to trickle down through the trees on Trial Mountain.
 
Started on this series from GT3. Place where I live in didn't have PSX till ps2 was out though. I bought my ps2 only cause I wanted to play GT4. And now,I can't seem to find it!:mad:
 
Started on this series from GT3. Place where I live in didn't have PSX till ps2 was out though. I bought my ps2 only cause I wanted to play GT4. And now,I can't seem to find it!:mad:

Really? I see a copy everytime I go to a game store. I would have it right now if I was able to play it on my PS3.
 
Really? I see a copy everytime I go to a game store. I would have it right now if I was able to play it on my PS3.

Sorry,I meant I misplaced my PS2. I do see new ones around for a pittance. Still looking for my old one and its mem-card. There's this sudden urge of wanting to see my old GT4 profile.
 
Gt1 1998. And played Gt2, Gt3, Gt4. So, Fanboyism is Present. And so are the memory cards!

I still have it lurking around in a box, I need to get it fixed so I can try it on my PS3!
 
Back