Old Timers... New Comers

How far back do you go back in being a fan of GT? which game was the first you played

  • Gran Turismo 1 & 2

    Votes: 125 71.8%
  • Gran Turismo 3 & 4

    Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

    Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Gran Turismo 5 is the First time I've played it

    Votes: 14 8.0%

  • Total voters
    174
  • Poll closed .
ive been playing since gt1. i am 40. i love the games and i wont quit soon. been around this site since gt2 trying to figure out hybrids. my registration expired so all got reset. i dont care about that stuff though. fond memories of posting drag times on racing-line against jordan with the viper (gt3). real fun times among many others. every time i logged in he had posted a faster time and i wouldnt quit until i beat it. then i came home and he got it back. real fun times. thanks for the site guys!
 
Didn't really find an alternative that fit. My first experience with GT was playing GT4 with a friend of mine on his PS2. I remember struggling to get a reasonably clean lap in the Yellow Bird around the Nordschleife. The damn thing was impossible! :lol:
I then downloaded the time trial demo with the 370Z.
With GT5 I'm now completely hooked, don't really care for other games atm (except the occasional Bad Company 2 frag fest :dopey: ).
 
I spent countless hours, and gained **** loads of blisters playing gt2 haha
 
It is absolutely crazy. Thanks for putting that in perspective for me Destroyah, as I am north of 30. I have a kid that will remember playing GT5 already. :guilty:

I will say though, I will still be one of the first inline to buy GT6 and PS4 if need be.

I'm knocking on 50's door and I plan to be in that line with you. Guess we are all insane.👍

I'll sneak the booze 👍


Gt1 1998. And played Gt2, Gt3, Gt4. So, Fanboyism is Present. And so are the memory cards!

I still have it lurking around in a box, I need to get it fixed so I can try it on my PS3!

What no tourist trophy lol? I remember that my memory cards were more precious that gold in the PS1/PS2 days. I still have it tucked (snapped) inside of my copy of GT3
 
I had GT1 back in the days...

It was from other galaxy! The challenge, the cars, the difficulty. 2 years playing it and clean it!

GT2, more of GT1...and then I move on to FS9/FSX for some years.

Didn't get a PS3 until last November. GT5 came out and my 5 years waiting period was over...to quickly to my surprise.

2 months later, golded the licenses (why? now they are useless), i'm at 98% of the game, and i only play it for online and Bspec grind. This game now is addictivly boring!

What to do, what to do....well got a T500rs, and i'm creating a new account to start all over... :)

My hopes for GT5 were overhyped, i must confess! I cannot bad-mouth the game, but I rate it at 40% at "satisfaction/hopes guide" comparing it to GT1.

My mind is already dwelling to Dirt 3 and Shift2, hoping the driving experience and above all THE FUN OF THOSE GAMES will fulfill my addictive sim needs (Rfactor 2 is a myth).

To all old timers, my compliments.

Nuno
 
There is so much love in here! :D
 
GT2 caused me to spend many an endless night awake. Back then I started work at 3pm and the amount of times I would get only an hours sleep was crazy. I would end up doing this countless times through the titles.
 
GT3 is the first GT game i played i think , too bad i never finished it cuz that time i was like 6-7 years old lol..
 
I remembered playing GT1 on the PS One a whole lot of times. Unfortunately, I can't remember how long I played it, but I did tell that I played for a long timespan. Then I played GT2, then GT3 A-Spec, then GT4, then GT5. The only thing I did not accomplish on those earlier titles is that I didn't get all the cars. But, It was very worth it playing those games, esp. GT4 and GT3; the GT series made me be a car lover :) Too bad a lost every one of them for some apparent and mysterious reason... The ages I was when playing those GT titles: GT1 = around 4-6, GT2 = around 7-8, GT3 = around 9, GT4 = around 10, GT5 = November to present. I hope I continue this glorious racing series.
 
I still have the first copy of GT1....too bad I don't know how to ajust the video settings so that I can play in a decent way the GT1....
 
You guys remember the first day you played Gt1?
Did your jaw drop as much as mine did, being blown away by the awesome graphics??

Ah, yes, Good times.
 
I've been playing since the original Gran Turismo on the PS1. I was only a small kid when I played the classic GT's, so all I could do on them was crash into the barriers. :lol: I got better at driving when GT3 came out and I was able to keep the car on the track but I still wasn't a very good driver. I fondly remember the Toyota Pod race in GT Concept, that was brilliant fun back in the day. 👍 When GT4 came out, I was old enough to be able to drive reasonably good and I ended up playing GT4 for years. I got much better at driving in GT5: Prologue so I really, really enjoyed playing that and I remember saving my credits for the Ferrari F2007. Now I'm playing GT5 and I'm having fun driving my cars with the superb new physics. :D

I've played nearly every GT game, the only one I haven't played is GTHD.
GT1
GT2
GT3
GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva
GT4:Prologue
GT4
GT5:Prologue
GT5 Time Trial demo
GT5.
 
You guys remember the first day you played Gt1?
Did your jaw drop as much as mine did, being blown away by the awesome graphics??

Ah, yes, Good times.

👍
 
Played them all since '99.
 
not sure what year it was exactly but may guesstimate is around 1999-2000 when i started on GT1, since then i've owned it and GT2, 3, 4 and 5. Other GT titles I have are Gran Turismo Concept: 2001 Tokyo, GT4 Prologue, GT5 Prologue and i think i have a demo version of GT knocking about someplace.

my memory sucks (really bad) but it has been the only Playstation console game i've truly loved...like omfg this is awesome!!

do people think there will be a 6th game sometime in the future?
 
GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva.

This !! I thought this was the best prologue/part time Gran Turismo that has been made !!

But yeh, played 'em all, loved 'em all !! GT3 has to be the best in my opinion, but looked forward to GT4 the most, I remember trading 4 unwanted PS2 games and getting it for 99p 👍 :dopey: 💡
 
17032011111.jpg


Ah, yes, Good times 👍
 
You guys remember the first day you played Gt1?
Did your jaw drop as much as mine did, being blown away by the awesome graphics??

Ah, yes, Good times.

I was like a caveman seeing fire for the first time. The mixture of great 90's music with ground breaking graphics. I just wish I was wowed the way I used to be.

17032011111.jpg


Ah, yes, Good times 👍

:bowdown:
 
The specs on the back of the box :

Split-Screen two-player modes
Eleven tracks
Ultra realistic replays
Over 290 licenced cars from the world's top manufacturers
The most detailed and absorbing racing simulator ever!
 
Gran Turismo 1 was one of the first games I had on the playstation 1. Admitedly, I would have only been 7, but I still used to love playing it. Played every one since.
 
Been playing Gran Turismo since the first one came out. The old GT series games are the sole reason I still have a PS2 hooked to my TV.
 
My first experience of GT was a demo on the PS Magazine, you could drive a Scooby or a Vette on clubman stage R5 and my jaw just dropped.
The next few weeks I waited in anticipation and when it finally got released I went out and got my grubby mitts on it.

Been somewhat of a fan ever since (And even tried Tourist Trophy for a laugh, what's with the chicane at Suzi and Tskuba???)
 
I'm a noob to the series...GT5 is my first...and...



I LOVE IT!!! :)






not a noob to racing games though, or video games. anybody remember Pong?

Had one. 👍


Any body remember going to arcades? Defender? Asteroids? Centipede?


Or the stand up Sega motorcycle game??? It had time trial only, and was akin to driving the X2010, except with a bazillion other hi-on's watching..:sly:
 
GT was the first game I got with my Playstation, way back in the summer of 2000.
 
Crazy to think how young I was when I started the GT series, now I'm pushing 30 :(

Ha ha 30? Wow, that is old (sarcasm).

Anyways, I'm 2003: GT1, 2004: GT2. Quite late getting into Gran Turismo compared to some others here. But we can go all the way back to 1983/Atari 2600 console if you wanna talk Pole Position and Activision's Enduro in my case. :scared:
 
Started with GT1 way, way back... and I still got every edition of the GT series so far. And just so you young ones can have a bit of fun.... I am an oldie... 40
 
Last edited:
My story: Played GT1 when it first came out when I was in high school. Got me waaaay into cars (which I had never paid much attention to before), which got me very interested in how they work, which got me very interested in engineering (which is what I do for a living now). It's likely that had I never played GT1 my life would have turned out completely different! 👍 👍
 
Bought Gt5 and PS3 for christmas. I remember seeing the first Gran Turismo once but never played it so this is my first and not last I suppose ^^

I was driving some go-karts for fun with my buddies and I loved it but it got pretty expensive. I sometimes get the same feeling while playing GT5 than in real karting especially when learning the track.
 
Started with the original GT1. :)

Good old times and the GT1... I remember waiting anxious for school to end to go to home and play the game. I was taken away with the series totally. Driving the split screen with friends and tuning my Skyline and GTO Twinturbo... 👍
Do you remember the Hifi-mode? It was groundbreaking for a game to run 60fps at that time! Same kind of achievement today for GT5 to run 1080p at 60fps. Also it was one of the first games to support the dual analog controller.

Then came the GT2. Real tracks, rally tracks and massive amount of cars. Instant love. I remember some classic grinding the Lacuna Sega with race modded Dodge Viper RT/10 into the early hours of morning and trying to master the Pikes Peak hill climb with Suzuki Escudo. Gaming isn't like that anymore... :dopey:
 
Back