Old Timers... New Comers

How far back do you go back in being a fan of GT? which game was the first you played

  • Gran Turismo 1 & 2

    Votes: 125 71.8%
  • Gran Turismo 3 & 4

    Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

    Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Gran Turismo 5 is the First time I've played it

    Votes: 14 8.0%

  • Total voters
    174
  • Poll closed .
I still have all of them and a PS2. I just can't seem to let go of them. Went back and played a few hours of each series just before I bought GT5. Like GT5 the best because the driving physics are the best of the series. I do wish we had the content level of GT4, but Kaz has posted that GT5 is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep the content coming and I will keep playing.
 
GT4 is the only one I haven't completed ... so far.

I've got a copy of GT2 still in the cellophane - came in a box of dvd's & assorted crap from a car boot sale.
 
My story: Played GT1 when it first came out when I was in high school. Got me waaaay into cars (which I had never paid much attention to before), which got me very interested in how they work, which got me very interested in engineering (which is what I do for a living now). It's likely that had I never played GT1 my life would have turned out completely different! 👍 👍

That's awesome! A video game with a positive influence. Gotta tell the wife about you if you don't mind!
 
I got a PS1 and GT1 for a birthday present when it was released. Hooked ever since. It keeps getting better and better and I will continue to play GT6, GT7 etc. Lets hope Gran Turismo carries on for many years to come!
 
I had every one of them on the day of release apart for '1 which I bought after playing at a friends house about a week after it came out. I'm sure I'll still be pre-ordering them for my PSX in 25 years time. I am legend fanatic.
 
I've got to admit I came across GT5 by accident, I bought the PS3 for the kids for xmas it came bundled with GT5 and COD Black Ops.

One evening when the kids went to bed i thought I'd have a go and haven't put it down since!! The kids haven't seem much action on the PS3 either!!
 
Last edited:
GT1 was key to breaking Sega's hold on me. I was a hardened Sega Saturn user refusing to change then BOOM! game over Sonic my old friend! :lol:
 
I've been a fan since GT1. I get a chance to play the game every year before it comes out at E3. Best racing sim game!
 
Back