• Thread starter Olegonic
  • 44 comments

Olegonic

Let's roll
Premium
Russian Federation
St.Petersburg
Olegonic
I would like to start my VIDEO thread with a short introduction of my cockpit overview and a few words about myself.
I am a G27 user, work on ship as 2nd Engineer and that's why I have unlimited access to workshop and tools. I have built my cockpit from scratch and changed the wheel with a real racing one. Adaptor required. Material - alcantara. Racing seat was bought in a tuning shop.
It's very nice to drift in this cockpit, but it took some time to get used of a bigger diameter of the wheel.
So, here is my tool:
DSCN0587.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

DSCN0585.jpg

09042012289.jpg

And a couple of 360 entries for a starter:

One more:

One stunt when I was bored of drifting:

And Tsukuba practice:

More vids are coming soon, I have grabbed them already, only need to convert them for Youtube.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Car is awesome(how could Nomuken not be?) Drift mode sucks, it's designed to make crappy driving lok like great drifting..I suggest you acquire a mildly tuned s-chassis or rx-7(fc or fd) and practice drifting in the "real world", which is my euphenism for race or time trial mode...you don't need any blinking flags telling how you're drifting..that's what ghosts and replays are for...

Done. I use to drift in time trial only now. No more DS3, only wheel.
No more flags, OP videos updated.

Last edited:
I apologize...I guess to clarify, tech-wise your lines were great, but skill-wise drift mode does not require the same amount of skill as race or time attack mode to drift such lines, so I'll state that this vid doesn't allow for a valid comment on your skills...if you're wanting to show off skills that you've developed drift mode is holding you back...

Yeah, I know. When it was started I had a few vids on Youtube with bad quality and I used DS3. I have updated videos, delited those with controller and just want to keep it going

monsterGAUZ
What I meant was that nobody has replied because this thread is over a year old, why should anyone bump a thread like this?
....Bump!
Just because you said so LOL!

Shoot me a FR Olegonic

Looks very nice, could be more practical if the e-brake was closer to you though. I have the same wheel just with yellow stitching, Corsica best wheel ever 👍

That handbrake was made and adjusted for G27 original wheel. I haven't moved it closer yet. Next week I will deal with it. And paint my seat's stand.Also, I am thinking about moving the H-Shifter to the real car location.

Nice cockpit and nice drifting 👍 Just like you guys mentioned above, moving the H-shifter and ebrake to a better position would feel better probably 👍

nice cockpit and nice drifting. Also saw left foot braking. Something i need to start using. Do you not use the clutch? It doesn't fully function as well as in a real car but can be very useful for drifting. (what i mean is the game doesn't allow up-shifting with lots of wheel spin, and you must fully be off the throttle to do so, takes some getting used to). :)👍

You are rather right about clutch function in game. I hate it with a way it works now.
I use brakes when I approach the turn and need to transfer weight of a car to control it's rear swing. Or to slower the entry. Or to make the initiation of a drift longer.
I always work with my both feet.

Are the gloves to further simulate reality? cos then you're missing the overalls, fire mask, booties and helmet... :D

Sweet drifting tho, and a nice setup... ;)

Very nice videos :D Great G27 you have.

Как будет у тебя нормальный интернет для тандема стучи в PSN. Покатаем как-нибудь. Пока ты третий русский дрифтер который может нормально ездить :D

I have just checked my YouTube channel stats about videos and found one interesting thing - Someone from GERMANY disliked ALL my videos even with my cockpit presentation!!!
It might very well was kid or DS3 user who was just jealous about everything or I don't understand something...
Anyway, I am currently working on my next videos which are coming soon.

I have just checked my YouTube channel stats about videos and found one interesting thing - Someone from GERMANY disliked ALL my videos even with my cockpit presentation!!!
It might very well was kid or DS3 user who was just jealous about everything or I don't understand something...
Anyway, I am currently working on my next videos which are coming soon.

Had something similar some time ago... but this guy had 7 accounts so 7 dislikes on every vid :ouch:
I've seen many people who post comments that say it's fake if the wheels doesn't move when you're in a drift. They don't even know that there are steering wheels for these games... what makes the dislike on your cockpit vid even more hilarious..
btw. have you signed up for VDC? You could definitely be a very competitive driver

Last edited:
Back