Omg why are there so many new teams???

Status
Not open for further replies.
See i agree but theres people like me that drift with everyone has a good time, drift well, and love team activity. Only thing is i live on the other side of this here marble and its really hard to find a team thats on. So often times these people get tired of drifting alone and seek out people with like-life situations and decide to spawn a team from these new found friendships. Sadly they dont have a promient existence in the community ie. No real forum activity or new members to the forum that no one knows of. After this, these teams go on for a week or so with nothing but friendly drifting with the team's "members". Hence quick rise and fall of "newbie" teams.

Just my 2 cents..

All I can say if you wanna start a team do it. I have 26 great guys right now but it is time to get rid of some. Before creating a team think of solutions to problems and you will be fine. Also if you have problems ask other teams what they would do. We need to start seeing ourselves as a family on here not a bunch of teams trying to beat each other. Friendly battles are fine, but I have seen it get out of control. We atleast gotta give the little teams a chance or we will be out of people to battle. Look at Redsuns we started as a bunch of mcla noobs and look what we have came up too. Im sorry for wasting you time if you read this, but we need to start giving people a chance.

The big teams start big.

Not so much members but organisation, a clear message of their style and a friendly face. I highly respect the new teams that are appearing that make the effort to show they can match the standard, but the thrown together tbreads clearly have no chance in these forums and are likely long-gone from the first page.

Ha ha spacro getting bad rep!! There fighting i hate that kinda of stuuf sorud.

Now you're seeing what I'm saying, there is no purpose, hence why I said we need to use a special AUP for the drifting forum.

Strictly speaking, you'll never get a special AUP for any part of the site - though you can work together towards making a helpful FAQ or Team-building thread 👍

The big teams start big.

Not so much members but organisation, a clear message of their style and a friendly face. I highly respect the new teams that are appearing that make the effort to show they can match the standard, but the thrown together tbreads clearly have no chance in these forums and are likely long-gone from the first page.

This makes a lot of sense. It's similar, sort of, to the Photomode Galleries section, though obviously different too. Some of the most popular threads are very, very organized, and also have well-liked images. In the drifting section, it looks like the biggest most successful threads are usually fairly organized, and instead of well-liked images, there are talented, dedicated drifters. This of course, is just an opinion from an outsider spectating, but GODfrey makes a good point.

I don't think trying to convince new members to not make teams is a good idea - I think what'd be better overall for the community would be to foster the idea of really putting in some effort. I've noticed a few people comment on new teams' threads mentioning how a well laid-out, organized first post can really draw people in - these sorts of comments are definitely positive 👍

Strictly speaking, you'll never get a special AUP for any part of the site - though you can work together towards making a helpful FAQ or Team-building thread 👍

This makes a lot of sense. It's similar, sort of, to the Photomode Galleries section, though obviously different too. Some of the most popular threads are very, very organized, and also have well-liked images. In the drifting section, it looks like the biggest most successful threads are usually fairly organized, and instead of well-liked images, there are talented, dedicated drifters. This of course, is just an opinion from an outsider spectating, but GODfrey makes a good point.

I don't think trying to convince new members to not make teams is a good idea - I think what'd be better overall for the community would be to foster the idea of really putting in some effort. I've noticed a few people comment on new teams' threads mentioning how a well laid-out, organized first post can really draw people in - these sorts of comments are definitely positive 👍

agrree with moderator!!!! for once

See i started out drifting with anyone and everyone and got into a larger team, but it was all wrong. Nothing was happening either from within the team or externally regarding team events, meets and friendly comps. Being in a larger team anit all its cracked up to be. I belive in some cases the people who get in these teams then become inactive just want to be able to put the big team name on the enterance.

Myself i put alot of effort into tss, the guys have helped alot by getting an op thats respectable and weve made some good friends this year, id like to think that weve earned some respect along the way and deserve our place within the community.

Yes the new teams are popping up all over the place threads in the wrong section and so on, but help these guys a bit and they might just make it and last. That in the long run can only benefit the community as it adds more options when it comes to friendly comps, rather than drop5 vs redsuns for the 12th time etc.

:sly:

There's so many new teams because its time for a change!

ObamaChicken.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcTdPI3DHlgTJ2Fa6vawzeLUOlegpxtPsis86IDGnBBcoei1wg4U.jpg

SlipZtrEm

I'm not saying keep them from making one, ok, look at it this way, some colleges have weed-out classes, classes that are meant to seperate the dedicated from the short-term participants. All I'm saying is, if we had something like that it wouldn't hurt :D

xDriftzzinc
I'm not saying keep them from making one, ok, look at it this way, some colleges have weed-out classes, classes that are meant to seperate the dedicated from the short-term participants. All I'm saying is, if we had something like that it wouldn't hurt :D

It would hurt, its almost like allowing established teams to have a monopoly as to who/who not gets to post their threads on GTP. I agree there are many pointless threads created by fly by night teams, but that's why we have mods who can see if a certain thread has little to no activity, say w/in a months timeframe and lock/delete it. Let's not forget; despite what we think of ourselves, drifters in gt5 are not the main demographic for this game.. we are the fly by nighters. If GTP allows drifters to have some say into what goes into the game, then I think we should encourage as many posts as possible. We want the d1 tracks, 0-100 drivetrain split, and livery options; I believe if there are 100 teams("established" or not) behind these requests, it will carry more weight then the cries of 6-7 "big" teams alone...

As far as efforts put forth in OPs, the biggest organizations usually start w/ 2-3 guys that have a basic idea and build from it, the intricities come afterward...I liken it to Boondocks math: it all starts w/ a n***a moment; 1 or 2 n***as involved in some ignorant s**t...when a bunch of n***as organize and work efficiently together towards some ignorant cause, you then have "n***a synthesis"..drifting is that ignorant cause, but due to an excess of n***a moments, we have not enough n***a synthesis...lol

Last edited:
This drift teams fourm thread should be for team Only Should Contain contact moderator if u want 2 make a team all i have 2 say!!

This drift teams fourm thread should be for team Only Should Contain contact moderator if u want 2 make a team all i have 2 say!!

You sure that's all you have to say? Because you've commented on pretty much every single post in this thread...

If you think about it, most of the teams that join GTP just get insulted and run off before they even get a chance to do anything. If people weren't so ignorant, we might not have a bunch of dead team threads now would we?? IMO, the people of GTP drifting need to stop being such dicks too new teams. I blame the people that have nothing better to do but insult people over the internet too boost their ego's.

xGuNzABLaZiNx
IMO, the people of GTP drifting need to stop being such dicks too new teams.

YESSSSSS. they make it SOO deep..... also in my opinion, you shoudnt need 5+ people in a team.

DogFightKingz
What really makes a team "big" anyway?

Exposure, recognition...I personally smile a bit inside when random folk in public lobbies groan when they see my entrance message..can't hate on WSG unless you know who they are :)

Megamarcx84
Exposure, recognition...I personally smile a bit inside when random folk in public lobbies groan when they see my entrance message..can't hate on WSG unless you know who they are :)

Hahahahaha I wish I could see the look on there faces.

Yay an argument!!! Uh... I mean a discussion, I want to join :D

And as it's a public forum open to anyone in the GT community you have no right in saying that there's something wrong with making a new team on the drifting thread simply because it wont have any effect on you whatsoever 👍

Finally some ones caught on respect to xGuNzABLaZiNx. When i did the 1st Team Smoke Screen thread to be fair i had no idea what was exspected or required in an op. A few came along and began the normal ( i use this term loosely) banter. At that time i didnt and still dont find what the need was, a link to say Burst's thread would of been more usefull with a simple comment of try doing something along these lines.

Team Smoke Screen now has 15 members all good guys and ive got people now comming to me asking to join. so just shows if you give newer teams time they will grow and learn.

The big teams are the ones that put them self out to the GT5 world instead of keeping amongst friends. Burst do it, We do it (D-Max), Nemesis do it..

It gets us recognition and can on occassion , rope people into the GTP drifting forums. I've had folk adding me on PSN etc just because they seen me on youtube or just heard about me. I had 1 guy add me and go nuts because he loved our team. That's what you call a "big" team.

In all, if you want to make a good impression in these forums, you keep out of arguments and you keep your thread looking clean and colourful with plenty eye candy for others. If you put 2/3 sentences and call it a team, you get slated.

I don't mind teams popping up, only as long as they can keep out of trouble and show some incentive around here.

If you think about it, most of the teams that join GTP just get insulted and run off before they even get a chance to do anything. If people weren't so ignorant, we might not have a bunch of dead team threads now would we?? IMO, the people of GTP drifting need to stop being such dicks too new teams. I blame the people that have nothing better to do but insult people over the internet too boost their ego's.

YESSSSSS. they make it SOO deep..... also in my opinion, you shoudnt need 5+ people in a team.

Yay an argument!!! Uh... I mean a discussion, I want to join :D

And as it's a public forum open to anyone in the GT community you have no right in saying that there's something wrong with making a new team on the drifting thread simply because it wont have any effect on you whatsoever 👍

Finally some ones caught on respect to xGuNzABLaZiNx. When i did the 1st Team Smoke Screen thread to be fair i had no idea what was exspected or required in an op. A few came along and began the normal ( i use this term loosely) banter. At that time i didnt and still dont find what the need was, a link to say Burst's thread would of been more usefull with a simple comment of try doing something along these lines.

Team Smoke Screen now has 15 members all good guys and ive got people now comming to me asking to join. so just shows if you give newer teams time they will grow and learn.

The big teams are the ones that put them self out to the GT5 world instead of keeping amongst friends. Burst do it, We do it (D-Max), Nemesis do it..

It gets us recognition and can on occassion , rope people into the GTP drifting forums. I've had folk adding me on PSN etc just because they seen me on youtube or just heard about me. I had 1 guy add me and go nuts because he loved our team. That's what you call a "big" team.

In all, if you want to make a good impression in these forums, you keep out of arguments and you keep your thread looking clean and colourful with plenty eye candy for others. If you put 2/3 sentences and call it a team, you get slated.

I don't mind teams popping up, only as long as they can keep out of trouble and show some incentive around here.

:crazy: This has turned into something bad. Ok lets go back to my main purpose. Lets try to help the new members make team threads easier that won't die out. JUST CHECKED OUT SEAN'S THREAD NICE JOB. SEEMS MY THREAD SERVED ITS PURPOSE. THANKS FOR CREATING THE THREAD SEAN BECAUSE I COULDNDT POST IT DUE TO THE FACT THAT I AM ON VACATION. NOW THAT MY THREADS PURPOSE HAS BEEN SERVED IT WILL BE LOCKED AFTER TONIGHT. :D

:crazy: This has turned into something bad. Ok lets go back to my main purpose. Lets try to help the new members make team threads easier that won't die out. JUST CHECKED OUT SEAN'S THREAD NICE JOB. SEEMS MY THREAD SERVED ITS PURPOSE. THANKS FOR CREATING THE THREAD SEAN BECAUSE I COULDNDT POST IT DUE TO THE FACT THAT I AM ON VACATION. NOW THAT MY THREADS PURPOSE HAS BEEN SERVED IT WILL BE LOCKED AFTER TONIGHT. :D

Glad you like it xDriftzzinc!

For everyone that wants to check out the thread, follow this link;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=237629

I was just sayin, I see a lot of negativity towards new teams and teams leaving because of a bad first impression isnt out of the question. Anyway, we need to stand together and help people out, instead of running them off. And because of this thread, and Seans, we're taking a step in the right direction. 👍

George- thanks bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back