Omg why are there so many new teams???

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDriftzzinc

(Banned)
United States
United States
DriFtZz
xDriFtZz would like to know why we have random people coming in without reading the OP and making new teams??? There are only about 6-8 big teams. Overall we have about 19 teams. I propose we have a sticky AUP just for the drifting forums regarding teams and events. Just a set standard of procedure so that the community is more controlled and there aren't 1000 teams. I would love to hear what you guys think of my idea and I'm always open to criticism.

Last edited:
I agree with you on this one Proto for the most part... However, I also agree with Slick's point as well... A lot of these fly-by night teams are going to popup and die and their threads will die out BUT the word is spreading more and more that there is a GT5 drift community and to get recognized...

I do think there should be a "sticky" thread or something posted about launching a new team... The problem is that there is no guarantee that they will read it since this is a forum...

But you have my THUMBS UP for this one!! 👍

Im on gt5 for almost a year n never seen this ppl in a room and they are starting teams imo its wrong they should join the big teams if they can make it then see how a team is working its like going president of a company that you dont even know what they r doing

xDriftzzinc
xDriFtZz would like to know why we have random people coming in without reading the OP and making new teams??? There are only about 6-8 big teams. Overall we have about 19 teams. I propose we have a sticky AUP just for the drifting forums regarding teams and events. Just a set standard of procedure so that the community is more controlled and there are 1000 teams. I would love to hear what you guys think of my idea and I'm always open to criticism.

Lack of patience...these new teams are started by those who don't want to wait for the process of recruitment...I understand the sentiment, I drifted w/ about 3-4 teams regularly before I was asked to join one. I can see where 3-4 disgruntled and impatient players will decide ftw and start their own team because the big ones don't seem to be interested...I say don't worry about them, they rise and fall on a daily basis; I think its funny when some guys that can hold a decent drift train decide to start a team only to disband less than a month later when they find out they can't stand each other....:)

Lack of patience...these new teams are started by those who don't want to wait for the process of recruitment...I understand the sentiment, I drifted w/ about 3-4 teams regularly before I was asked to join one. I can see where 3-4 disgruntled and impatient players will decide ftw and start their own team because the big ones don't seem to be interested...I say don't worry about them, they rise and fall on a daily basis; I think its funny when some guys that can hold a decent drift train decide to start a team only to disband less than a month later when they find out they can't stand each other....:)

Aggreedd!!! :lol:

It goes either way. I used to go to open lobbies and tryout for all the teams in one night haha. Most of them being noobs and me not liking to fallow rules and team colors/cars I decided not to join a team or even try to join one of the big teams. Instead i started White Smoke Gang and I think we come a long way. Let that be a inspiration to all the new teams poping up haha. You just gotta know what your doing and keep at it.

It goes either way. I used to go to open lobbies and tryout for all the teams in one night haha. Most of them being noobs and me not liking to fallow rules and team colors/cars I decided not to join a team or even try to join one of the big teams. Instead i started White Smoke Gang and I think we come a long way. Let that be a inspiration to all the new teams poping up haha. You just gotta know what your doing and keep at it.

... (-_-) You're kinda opposing this thread. The whole point of this thread was to encourage others to stop signing up to start new teams that die out overnight. However, I do respect your opinion and I'm glad to see this could turn into a big debate. You have to love starting debates on forums. :D

... (-_-) You're kinda opposing this thread. The whole point of this thread was to encourage others to stop signing up to start new teams that die out overnight. However, I do respect your opinion and I'm glad to see this could turn into a big debate. You have to love starting debates on forums. :D

LOL:idea: Lets shoot em yea.

xDriftzzinc
No no haha im just sharing my story and telling these new teams that you got to put work in on your team or else you wont make it.

Honestly new teams are going to keep poping up no matter what we do. All we can do is hope for the best. You never know there might be another team to make it big.

There are only about 6-8 big teams.
You Mean 5-7 Big Teams , you can't count Team Burst They're using Purple as Team colour no Real Man is using Purple only some colour Blind Kids :lol:

Sorry I needed to write this ;)

eddyac
You Mean 5-7 Big Teams , you can't count Team Burst They're using Purple as Team colour no Real Man is using Purple only some colour Blind Kids :lol:

Sorry I needed to write this ;)

Talk to the real team burst about their purple. :sly:

Hey quit being a douche just because you are on a large team doesn't give you the right to critizise smaller team. Everyone has a right to make a team as they see fit. So what if they don't make it big, it's kind of like starting a small buisness in a big world, some people fail but as long as they try who cares. Better yet you shouldn't be dislikeing the fact that all of these people are making their own teams you should find out why they aren't joining your team?

Hey quit being a douche just because you are on a large team doesn't give you the right to critizise smaller team. Everyone has a right to make a team as they see fit. So what if they don't make it big, it's kind of like starting a small buisness in a big world, some people fail but as long as they try who cares. Better yet you shouldn't be dislikeing the fact that all of these people are making their own teams you should find out why they aren't joining your team?
True 👍

Though I would also like to see a little more effort put on their behalves because some of them are a little sad

Maybe you should learn a little bit about a team before you go attacking them. Some the teams that popping will not last and some will. Its just a matter of how organized the team is, and how well everyone gets along.

SparcoSmoke

SparcoSmoke
Though I would also like to see a little more effort put on their behalves because some of them are a little sad

Enough said.

Driftzz just don't forget that you were one of them.

Not really, I was part of a big team, created a small team and we all disbanded because of the fact that we were on different time zones/games during that time. We don't need to bring up that fiasco because a lot of things will be said that will cause unnecessary drama. :D If it's not positive then keep it to yourself :D

EDIT: READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING... IF THIS WASN'T DIRECTED TOWARDS ME THEN IGNORE THE PART IN RED

Sorry bud but your rant towards me was kind of contradicted by your second post also, I'm not criticizing new teams I'm just wondering why there were so many. Big picture is lets come together as a COMMUNITY and find a way to make the process of establishing new teams a more friendly process for everyone because honestly, who wants to keep up with 20+ GT drift teams???

REMEMBER PEOPLE DON'T DISSECT MESSAGES JUST FIND THE BIG PICTURE THEN YOU'LL UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT

eddyac
X-Mas Noobs are making new Teams thats why

FTMFW HAHAHHAHA WINWINWIN IN ALL ITS GLORY!!!!

(This is an exclamation of my enjoyment to that comment)

Powellx235
Look I really don't see the point in this..

My main purpose was to find out why teams make a thread then don't stay active in the community. I just think it clutters up the forums and is annoying to sort through all of the unnecessary threads.

Its very simple. People wanna be a boss and feel big, and think they can run a team and think their the best out there. Then they post a crappy thread with the username 'driftking' ms something, then wait for people to join and nobody turns up. Then they leave because of the feedback and don't wanna look like an idiot.

Now you're seeing what I'm saying, there is no purpose, hence why I said we need to use a special AUP for the drifting forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back