On Days Like These You Need This 1969 Lamborghini Miura P400S

The daily-races prizes are pure lottery. Too bad those seasonal events that we had on GT5 and GT6 were dsicontinued in GT Sports.

If only it was cheaper in-game. Just the thought of farming for 15mil makes me not want to start the game up. And the chances of getting it as an in-game reward? Let's not even go there...
The daily-races prizes are pure lottery. Too bad those seasonal events that we had on GT5 and GT6 were dsicontinued in GT Sports.
The Gran Turismo forums are thataway. This isn't a Gran Turismo topic.

Nice Bublée reference in the title there... ;)

EDIT: It was actually Matt Monro.
--------
I mean, the topic literally starts with "The latest update for GT sport" so it did seem at least related to the game, but sure.
Are you sure about that?
muira1.png

muira2.png

Last edited:
According to the listing, the car is also a matching numbers and low mileage example. With just 9,220 miles on the clock, it’s practically new.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it will never be driven again. This will swap hands like a piece of art. Pretty piece of art but it's no longer a car.

Nice Bublée reference in the title there... ;)

I can't find enough superlatives to describe the Miura. It's as much an art piece as it is a car. One of the great, if not greatest designs in the automotive world.

One of the great, if not greatest designs in the automotive world.
Absofrickinlutely! I think I've made my feelings for supercars abundantly clear here, so I'm not going to go into it again, but the Miura transcends its "supercar-ness." It's just so captivating from a purely aesthetic perspective.

I can't find enough superlatives to describe the Miura. It's as much an art piece as it is a car. One of the great, if not greatest designs in the automotive world.

Ahh. That sequence at the start of the Italian job is pure class. If I owned a Miura I’d probably have that soundtrack jammed in the tape player, if it’s got one. I wouldn’t be driving in to any tunnels though.

It sure does when you open the article and read the first sentence.
That would be the article, not the topic.

The topic is regarding the article on a 1969 Lamborghini Miura S being sold by Joe Macari Performance Cars in London, and it offers some background information on the Miura in general as a supplemental.

For what it's worth, while I initially rolled my eyes at the topic turning to the game series as it so often does outside of the games subforum ("This car should be in GT Sport"), I was about to defend the games' mention in the admonished posts. However, just to cover the bases prior to doing so, I went back to the article and was reminded that there was no mention of the game beyond the second sentence of the first paragraph.

Beyond that, this isn't the car that's in the game. The car in the game is a prototype from two years prior. What this car costs should have no bearing on what the game car costs, and there should be no reason to discuss means of acquisition without forking over funds.

This series exists to document the sale of noteworthy automotive examples...that this week's coincides with the in-game availability of a similar example doesn't strike me as reasonable justification to discuss a topic that I have no doubt is already being discussed in the games subforum.

That 20k price tag is about 150k today (adjusted for inflation), so it's inaccurate to say this car was inexpensive back then.

That 20k price tag is about 150k today (adjusted for inflation), so it's inaccurate to say this car was inexpensive back then.

While the comment was meant to be taken at face value (not adjusted for inflation), your latter figure still proves a point: the Miura would list for less than a Gallardo these days. Or even a Urus!

Not to mention the current V12 Lambo starts at $400k and goes up to some astronomical price from there.

Notice, the miura had aerodynamic problems on the front of the car. In fact, above 200 km/h the nose was rising.

According to the listing, the car is also a matching numbers and low mileage example. With just 9,220 miles on the clock, it’s practically new.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it will never be driven again. This will swap hands like a piece of art. Pretty piece of art but it's no longer a car.
Depends who buys it. The Miura community is small, but they're active with their cars in private. At 10,000 miles and still holding value as strong as a 30,000+ mile example, there's no reason not to drive it, either; the value isn't going anywhere.

The art pieces are the nut-and-bolt restored cars commanding $3,000,000. Some of those still end up getting driven with the new lease on life, but a big chunk are the examples that were already rode hard through the years and retired to someone's garage after the restore.

At 1,800,000$? I almost have 300$... Welp, I'll hack the real world to get lots of money.
That my friend is called robbing a bank.

If the car cost $20,000 new, then that is the equivalent to $140,000 today! A new Lamborghini will cost you $400,000+!

Cars WERE cheaper back then

Last edited by a moderator:
The Miura is probably one of the most beautiful cars. Just look at it, it's near perfection.

While the comment was meant to be taken at face value (not adjusted for inflation), your latter figure still proves a point: the Miura would list for less than a Gallardo these days. Or even a Urus!

Agreed. A bargain, relatively speaking.

Back