On the fly tuning?

aGrenadeShark
aGrenadeShark
I saw in a logitech GT wheel video review, someone tuning their cars on the fly. I couldn't tell if it was GT4 or GT5P, but can you do this without the wheel?

Does this work in GT5P if you have the wheel?

Its not in GT4, its in GT5:P. I have the Logitech GT wheel and it works perfectly. You can use the on-the-fly tuning with other wheels but you have to go into the settings and map the buttons yourself. I went with the DFGT over the G25 because it had the buttons on it already so it was just more convenient. I am now wishing i went with the G25 or the Fanatec 911 as they are much nicer wheels. So if you want a wheel i suggest the G25 or Fanatec 911 as they work also. But if you don't have that kind of money the DFGT is perfect. All wheels (even the PS3 controllers) do the tuning so its just a preference of convenience. Good luck and i hope this helps :)

this thread should actually be in the Wheels and Cockpits section so next time try to put it in the right part of the site. Moderators get mad when people put things in the wrong sections. :P

You can map your Sixaxis buttons to do the same thing as the DFGT wheel. but to tell you the truth, It is more of a gimic than a necesity.

@hotrails. I dont think the modorators will mined this thread being here. he just asked if it is possible when you have a wheel. not what wheel is best, or what wheel can do it.

You can do it on all wheels. I have my G25 set to work with X as the menu and up/down/left/right to move the things in the menu.

It's more a gimmick than anything else. Though, for standing start races, you can turn on TCS by default, open up the tuning menu while on the line (you can't adjust before the race starts), then turn off TCS before the first corner. At least, that's what I do.

It's more a gimmick than anything else. Though, for standing start races, you can turn on TCS by default, open up the tuning menu while on the line (you can't adjust before the race starts), then turn off TCS before the first corner. At least, that's what I do.

Funny, I do the opposite. I start the race on TCS 0, as my 1g ratio is tuned for no wheelspin. I change it to whatever I like before the first curve. For the Fuji 10lapper, I run TCS in the 2-4 range, just for consistency in a RWD car.

I do this on a DualShock3, with select mapped to open the in-race menu. D-pad is mapped to navigate said menu. Works good.

I do this on a DualShock3, with select mapped to open the in-race menu. D-pad is mapped to navigate said menu. Works good.

I thought this was pretty clear. Make sure you have the buttons mapped like I do, go into the 'options' menu in-game. I do not have a default button map setup, I've changed everything except steering.
It's not really 'extra' tuning, the in-race stuff is (from memory) TCS, Torque Split, ASM, ABS, Front brake force, Rear brake force. All adjustments you can do in Quick Tune as well.

I didn't know I had to complete all events in the C, B, and A classes...

Just 5 mins ago I beat that F430 event (after 300 tries), and it said I unlocked Quick Tune and after the credits were through I unlocked QT.

Thanks though.

Last edited:
I didn't know I had to complete all events in the C, B, and A classes...

Just 5 mins ago I beat that F430 event (after 300 tries), and it said I unlocked Quick Tune and after the credits were through I unlocked QT.

Thanks though.

lol, no problem. Enjoy racing with professional physics online.

Back