On the hunt for old GT1/2 Promotional Images...

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 41 comments
Yeah I only manage to grab one image of gt1
migq5y.jpg

when released GT2, Images provided by CD in press kit ;

org.bin

Finally! As a kid I was always obsessed with the white Castrol NSX in the image on the bottom right. The image was featured on the US Arcade disc, and I always wondered why I could never find that car in the game. I eventually realized that the car is non-existent, but then I wondered why it was white in that image in the first place.
Seeing the image to the left next to it explains it all now! The original scene featured JGTC cars with appropriate team sponsors. I suppose the second image was a redo to get around any licensing issues, just replacing them with cars with no brands on them. For some reason they left the NSX in the image and just did a color change so the car technically was no longer the true Castrol NSX.

So, we're back, on a new hunt. I've been looking for an old magazine ad for GT1. It was very, very similar to this:

Play+Station+Ad+1998.jpg

...except it had small little thumbnails of pretty much every car in the game. Unfortunately, I can't remember much more than that. Time has not been kind to my old magazine collection either, which was lost at some point between pre-teen Slip playing GT1 in '98, and current 2015 Slip. I know, shocking.

I've narrowed down where it appeared: somewhere between February and August of 1998, Gamepro magazine. Online sources for these are a huge pain to track down, and eBay hasn't been much better.

It's a bit of a long-shot, but after looking around for so long, I'm hoping someone from around the 'Planet knows of what I'm looking for.

So, we're back, on a new hunt. I've been looking for an old magazine ad for GT1. It was very, very similar to this:

Play+Station+Ad+1998.jpg

...except it had small little thumbnails of pretty much every car in the game. Unfortunately, I can't remember much more than that. Time has not been kind to my old magazine collection either, which was lost at some point between pre-teen Slip playing GT1 in '98, and current 2015 Slip. I know, shocking.

I've narrowed down where it appeared: somewhere between February and August of 1998, Gamepro magazine. Online sources for these are a huge pain to track down, and eBay hasn't been much better.

It's a bit of a long-shot, but after looking around for so long, I'm hoping someone from around the 'Planet knows of what I'm looking for.
It is from GamePro Issue 117 (June 1998). (Link)

dzw4go.jpg

Last edited:
Back