One car to rule them all...

• Thread starter Tommy_D
  • 43 comments
United States
United States
We all know of the 4 grind races: Tokyo WTC600, Le Sarthe WTC700, Sardegna WTC800 and Spa WTC800. These 4 races all have many dominant cars that can be used to win, but are there any cars in the game can win all 4 of them?

I haven't tried Sardegna or Spa with this car, but a possible contender could be the AMG Black. It dominates at Tokyo and Le Sarthe but it's quite thirsty and shreds tires. I wonder if Sardegna and Spa would prove to be difficult because you have to pit so much and you are going up against much faster cars. The Veyron could have a similar problem (I think there is a 600pp build for it) but that may be another contender.

So, what cars do you know of that could pull off the "Grand Slam"?

Last edited:
I haven't tried Sardegna or Spa with this car, but a possible contender could be the AMG Black. It dominates at Tokyo and Le Sarthe but it's quite thirsty and shreds tires.
I have not tried it yet at the other events than Tokyo, but at Tokyo it dominates so much I can do various strategies including one where fuel consumption and tyre wear are to be minimised as much as possible.

Don't know how big is the step up on the other events (but it looks to feature much more competitive cars), maybe it is possible to be carefull with fuel and tyres without losing to much.

The Both WTC 800 and WTC 700 races are easy to win in Mazda 787B (two of those races can be done without pit-stops with this car) but I am not sure about WTC600. Is it possible to detune Group 1 car to 600 level? Also Tokyo WTC600 is no longer viable grinding option since clean race bonus is very easy to lose there.

My Red Bull X2019 25th Anniversary(RB25). Lightweight(full ballast is 850kg), excellent fuel economy and biggest advantage, downforce. PP 599.99 at Tokyo.
... i'm not so sure, could you put the setup here? Thank you

... i'm not so sure, could you put the setup here? Thank you
1678786466472.jpeg

Attachments

• 8F2629E1-FEB8-4258-8075-F4F2A3522D95.jpeg
    8F2629E1-FEB8-4258-8075-F4F2A3522D95.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 18
  • BF46D82C-2B70-48D8-9051-69811CC3BCEB.jpeg
    BF46D82C-2B70-48D8-9051-69811CC3BCEB.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I vote 787B, its fuel efficiency and amazing tire life make it dominant with IMs. You can win most races by over a minute due to never having to pit, even if the weather changes.

It lacks top end speed, but I’ll gladly trade .4 seconds on a track’s long straight for the 45 seconds it gains by not pitting.

Last edited:
Escudo's excellent for 600PP and 800PP (haven't tried 700 yet) but it doesn't have lights so the night portion of Spa is gonna be utter hell.
You can always use driving line & turn up your TV brightness. I did that with the Chaparral 2J, but exiting the pit lane is troublesome.

Last edited:
Also Tokyo WTC600 is no longer viable grinding option since clean race bonus is very easy to lose there.
Run the Escudo exploit at FM6 the entire race and it’s quite hard to lose the CRB. If you run 2:03 laps consistently you’ll catch all the AI in all the right places except 1 of them so you’ll easily lap them without colliding. And with FM6 you’re only going to have to worry about AI traffic once compared to FM1 where you catch them twice and usually in tricky spots. You’ll still finish just below (or above depending on how much trouble the 1 AI you catch in the curves gives you) the 25 minute mark, which is faster than LeMan still if you’re grinding.

There's a 600pp build for the 787b?

I wonder if the Celica would be competitive in the 800pp races. It's pretty dominant in 600 and 700pp races and it's fairly fuel efficient and good on tires.

It's been a while since I pulled this car out of the garage, but it performed well on Sardegna with 1:38's and 39's on FM6. Spa should be an easy win. I didn't realize there was a 600pp build for it. That could be fun. I'll have to give it a try.
At Sardegna, I run FM1. 1:38s. Pitting Lap 8-11 depending how I shift. Doesn’t make sense to max out revs. Change tyres and run in the 1:36-1:37 range, with a high 1:35 on my last lap. Around 58 seconds ahead of P2.
That Tokyo set up was a while ago and isn’t optimal. Tuners should do better.

The only car I can win at Tokyo with in general is the Suzuki Cappuccino with the 13b swap. Kind of doubt that it could win at Spa. The Porsche 917 Living Legend is great at Spa and Sardegna but never tuned it any lower than 800pp. I find the key to make grinding less tiresome is to use a variety of cars and this kind of goes against that so I think the 787b, Escudo (I don’t have), or maybe a few of the engine swap cars could potentially pull it off

The Cappucino ??? Damn that engine swap must make it a beast :eek:
It’s quite the monster hitting 210 mph in the big straight and it has a PP glitch when you equip the fully customizable racing transmission the PP drops some 75 points so you can easily use racing tires at Tokyo as well. I also put an ultra high RPM turbo that I got from a parts ticket on it so it’s even more of a monster.

It’s quite the monster hitting 210 mph in the big straight and it has a PP glitch when you equip the fully customizable racing transmission the PP drops some 75 points so you can easily use racing tires at Tokyo as well. I also put an ultra high RPM turbo that I got from a parts ticket on it so it’s even more of a monster.
I had a 13B lying around and a Cappucino, so I tried. Went to Alsace and entered the rally event, just to see. As it is now (with all stage of weight reduction, RS and some other options) it is barely competitive, the acceleration is not that good for a light car with relatively lots of HP. I have to do something for the brakes, and it has a tendancy to do 360s on big braking. If you have a moment to share your tune, I'd be interested to see where I can improve this little beast.

I had a 13B lying around and a Cappucino, so I tried. Went to Alsace and entered the rally event, just to see. As it is now (with all stage of weight reduction, RS and some other options) it is barely competitive, the acceleration is not that good for a light car with relatively lots of HP. I have to do something for the brakes, and it has a tendancy to do 360s on big braking. If you have a moment to share your tune, I'd be interested to see where I can improve this little beast.
The braking is its greatest weakness, it gets extremely wild, but I more or less used Praiano’s tune for it but I lowered it to 100mm front 160mm rear put on some extra front downforce, 40 front helped the braking a lot but hurts the top speed, still managed to win at Tokyo that way.

Edit: I just won big with it at Tokyo with 30 front downforce, but I played in VR so not sure what my top speed was…

Last edited:
There's a 600pp build for the 787b?

I wonder if the Celica would be competitive in the 800pp races. It's pretty dominant in 600 and 700pp races and it's fairly fuel efficient and good on tires.
UPDATE: Only with Comfort tyres. Maybe Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 with the 787B Engine swap is a possible candidate?

Last edited:
Run the Escudo exploit at FM6 the entire race and it’s quite hard to lose the CRB. If you run 2:03 laps consistently you’ll catch all the AI in all the right places except 1 of them so you’ll easily lap them without colliding. And with FM6 you’re only going to have to worry about AI traffic once compared to FM1 where you catch them twice and usually in tricky spots. You’ll still finish just below (or above depending on how much trouble the 1 AI you catch in the curves gives you) the 25 minute mark, which is faster than LeMan still if you’re grinding.
Still it sounds like too much effort when you have LeMans event in which you can literally ram AI opponents cut corners and do every crime possible in race and still maintaining Clean Race Bonus.. xD

Still it sounds like too much effort when you have LeMans event in which you can literally ram AI opponents cut corners and do every crime possible in race and still maintaining Clean Race Bonus.. xD
Sound like a fun grind, I have to try it. I manage Tokyo quite well but sometimes I lose the CRB due to AI drunk driving (and being too eager to finish quickly).

I need to look at the cars I could use for that.

If this was GT5 or 6 then I'd say Tommy Kaira ZZ-II :D

Sorry for my useless input I just miss this car (:

Same. Might be my favorite car in the whole series. That or the Tom's Angel but the ZZ-II obviously outperformed it. I think the Alfa 4C is the car in GT7 that comes closest to giving me the same vibes.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 with 787B engine

600, Tokyo (26:45)
Post in thread 'PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7'
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13769722

700, Le Mans (under 4 minutes @FM1):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13769677

800, Sardegna and Spa (see Praiano's comment how to tune it up to 800):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13929233

Could we find some more cars? 😉

Last edited:
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 with 787B engine

600, Tokyo (26:45)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13769722

700, Le Mans (under 4 minutes @FM1):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13769677

800, Sardegna and Spa (see Praiano's comment how to tune it up to 800):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/post-13929233

Could we find some more cars? 😉
An engine swapped car may be tough for everyone to achieve. I've been playing the game for 6 months and I haven't received a 787b engine yet.

Back