One make race: Z06 on Daytona XX:10 & XX:40

France
Dijon, France
URBANCOCKPIT-1
You must know how much I enjoy the ''one make race'' and ''no set up allowed'' !

And with realistic N3 tires on top of this.
So yes, I found again the perfect match for me with this one make race: Corvette Z06 at Daytona, Expert.
It is heaven for me. Ok, I'm far from perfect behind my steering wheel, but it is so much fun !

We were 3 racers this morning to have more than 20 minutes of pure fun. And for more challenge, no ABS and traction control at all...

So who's in ?

Z06_3.jpg

Is that the Daytona road course? If so, i'd never be able to make the first turn. It bites me nearly everytime!

Is that the Daytona road course? If so, i'd never be able to make the first turn. It bites me nearly everytime!

Yes, Daytona Road :). You're not the only one. I'm still looking for the right moment to brake. Always too early.

Looks nice,tried to race today but nobody whas there...will try again soon...

👍

spy.

Not for me now. I have to go in 20 minutes.

I'll be there this afternoon 2:10PM, 2:40PM, 3:10PM (NewYork time).

I had a great time racing this afternoon. Thanks to all the ones who waited for me.

That's a real challenge to do at least 5 laps without loosing the car in the banks, and to brake properly before the first turn.

But I loved that kind of challenge. :)

I usually race in the middle of the morning or the beginning of the afternoon (New York time, the one you see on the Chat official race clock), only on week days.

It is like 10:40AM, 11:10AM, 1:10PM, 1:40PM, 2:10PM, 2:40PM, 3:10PM depends what I have to do. Generally 3 races in a row.

I'll annonce it in the chat when I'm ready to race.

2 great races this morning. Thanks to all the participants for clean racing.

More I practice, more i find it really challenging. My best race time so far 2:05:xxx

I rediscovered the chat as a great tool to keep in touch with racers who are waiting for people to race...

Last edited:
Unfortunately this isn't a world event (right?)...it would be so much more fun. Had 3 runs yesterday and i love how twitchy the Vette can get.

Unfortunately this isn't a world event (right?)...it would be so much more fun. Had 3 runs yesterday and i love how twitchy the Vette can get.

This is a world event! And it is very fun, too.

Mhh ok...i had the feeling i just saw Europeans in my 3 races so i assumed it's not a World Event (sorry, havent checked the Info of the Event ingame).

What exactly means world events. Do they offer different races regarding the place (region) you live ?
How many regions are existing ?

From what I saw, it seems to have people from everywhere in the world in this race.

The game you bought is either NTSC (north america for short), PAL (europe for short) or japan. Regional events connect you just to players playing versions of GT5P from your region, world events have no region restrictions.

The game you bought is either NTSC (north america for short), PAL (europe for short) or japan. Regional events connect you just to players playing versions of GT5P from your region, world events have no region restrictions.

Thanks for the explanation.

Why all the events are not world events ?

I'll race at 1:10PM (Chat Official Race Clock: New York time) today. Hope to see several serious opponents... :)

Last edited:
Thanks to you !!!

Racing is celabrating !.

So make a nice gift to me by participating to at least one of the races I'll be...

So today you'll see me at 14:40:00, 15:10:00, 15:40:00, 20:40:00 and 21:10:00.

But dont let me win by slowing down... :) (ok, you can wait for me if I really suck !).

Hope to see you !

Some good racing tonight with nurburgring and EBK2. I'm pretty much convinced EBK2 never makes a mistake.

Last edited:
Happy birthday, nurburgring :)

EBK2 is ridiculously fast.

and you too !

Thanks to you all...

I never did under 2:04:00... I needed 3 laps before stopping loosing the car in the critical zones.
What's your trick ?

I have a wheel... and you ?

I have a really hard time when the back start to slide at the end of the banks to put thew car back in line. Maybe it is time to buy a G27...
And also to brake at the end of the finish line. But i know I am not the only one. :)

I really like this feeling, when you can fell thru the wheel you are at the limit of the tires, and often over the limit... Great adrenaline and sore arms.:D

I have a poorly-operating DFP. It's all about careful throttle control and balance between cornering/acceleration. I was running in the 2:01:800 range, with as low as a 2:01:0xx. EBK must have been in the low 2:01's or even 2:00's consistently.

I can usually stay WOT through the banked corners, or nearly. Sometimes it helps to short-shift to 5th.

I have a poorly-operating DFP. It's all about careful throttle control and balance between cornering/acceleration. I was running in the 2:01:800 range, with as low as a 2:01:0xx. EBK must have been in the low 2:01's or even 2:00's consistently.

I can usually stay WOT through the banked corners, or nearly. Sometimes it helps to short-shift to 5th.

I dont imagine how to go under 2:04:xxx. I will continue to practice, maybe I'll find where I'm loosing time.

Yesterday, the volume of my TV was very low because of my baby, I could hear all the grinding from my DFP wheel when I was turning it very slowly. I could feel every teeth. Kind of scary. Badly worn ? What is the life expectancy of these wheels ?

What means WOT ?

And thanks for the 5th gear on banked corners, I'll try.
Does it worsened the performances to have ABS and TCS set up at 0 ?

I'll race this afternon, normally at 13:10:00, 13:40:00 and 14:10:00.

Hope to see you.

I love the Z06 on N3 tyres. PB online time trial 1.59.5xx.

That's insane. You followed me around for a while, any pointers/tricks?

Yesterday, the volume of my TV was very low because of my baby, I could hear all the grinding from my DFP wheel when I was turning it very slowly. I could feel every teeth. Kind of scary. Badly worn ? What is the life expectancy of these wheels ?

What means WOT ?

And thanks for the 5th gear on banked corners, I'll try.
Does it worsened the performances to have ABS and TCS set up at 0 ?

I'll race this afternon, normally at 13:10:00, 13:40:00 and 14:10:00.

Hope to see you.

I've had my DFP since before GT4 came out - I used it for some GT3, GT4, some PC sims, and now GT5P. As far as mechanical wear, I've had mine apart and everything still looks great. The only problem is that mine loses its centering if I move it too quickly (faulty optical sensor I think, but I haven't tried replacing it).

WOT = wide-open throttle. I usually can keep the accelerator down through the banking. I run with TCS at 0 and ABS at 1. Braking for the first corner would be a nightmare without ABS, but perhaps I'll try it today.

I'll be in class during the afternoon, but I may be on later tonight.

I've had my DFP since before GT4 came out - I used it for some GT3, GT4, some PC sims, and now GT5P. As far as mechanical wear, I've had mine apart and everything still looks great. The only problem is that mine loses its centering if I move it too quickly (faulty optical sensor I think, but I haven't tried replacing it).

WOT = wide-open throttle. I usually can keep the accelerator down through the banking. I run with TCS at 0 and ABS at 1. Braking for the first corner would be a nightmare without ABS, but perhaps I'll try it today.

I'll be in class during the afternoon, but I may be on later tonight.

My DFP has the same story than yours. But no problem with centering, only feeling the teeths. I'll open it sooner or later...

I tried the WOT on 5th gear: I'm now on 220th position at the TT event: 2:03:903 after 4 perfect laps (no walls or losing control). I'm happy to be better everyday ! :)

I'm confident I'll find a way to 1 or maybe 2 seconds more (even if I cant dedicace a lot of time with this).

Back