One year after release opinion

• Thread starter fernandito
  • 408 comments
Project: Gran Turismo CORSA would definitely fit in the "epic" category.
A point to point rally game featuring the classic rally cars from the seventies to the early 2000 (last beautiful WRC cars), with current rallycross physics + livetrack like you said could be a true winnner.

PC2 also features best gravel physics. Perhaps sms is planning to make good use of them in a pure rally game, although I very much doubt it will be that "pure rally only" and they would end up throwing in rallycross and dirt truck racing, something I have always hated in rally games since Codemaster ended with the Colin McRae era, and began with Dirt.

For instance Dirt Rally 2 is coming, and will again feature rallycross.., I hate that those resources and effort put on three or four rallycross tracks could very well be put to better use in more Rally countries/stages, but companies fear that much making rally games only nowadays, and I'm sure sms will be no different in that regard in case they make a rally game (offroad game)

After one year of pc2 I have decided to let go op GT Sports and AC on my ps4. I always go back to pc2. The weather and time system are the best.

And the way pc2 supports my DIY handbrake, is a thing I appreciate a lot.

A point to point rally game featuring the classic rally cars from the seventies to the early 2000 (last beautiful WRC cars), with current rallycross physics + livetrack like you said could be a true winnner.

PC2 also features best gravel physics. Perhaps sms is planning to make good use of them in a pure rally game, although I very much doubt it will be that "pure rally only" and they would end up throwing in rallycross and dirt truck racing, something I have always hated in rally games since Codemaster ended with the Colin McRae era, and began with Dirt.

For instance Dirt Rally 2 is coming, and will again feature rallycross.., I hate that those resources and effort put on three or four rallycross tracks could very well be put to better use in more Rally countries/stages, but companies fear that much making rally games only nowadays, and I'm sure sms will be no different in that regard in case they make a rally game (offroad game)

That would be pretty epic. Maybe expansion pack (bigger dlc with standalone option) like Driveclub Bikes? On the other hand i hope that all touring car classes will be more fleshed out. More cars, and classes for them.

Always been a GT player for many years,the recent GTS although looks great never kept my attention for long and was sold.

Was recommended PC2 by a friend and was pleasantly surprised with great feed back on the G29 and sounds great,the AI s very good to race against and ever feel the need to go online.

The weather affects are great as well as able to calibrate wheel and brake pedal and so many adjustments to tune each car ie steering,brake and throttle mapping.

I also bought the season pass,hopefully more to come,really enjoy the game.....

My take on PC2 a year on.

I agree but I also hope that SMS will provide further patches to fix the remaining bugs (at least those provided in the asturbo's list) and improve some features (e.g. AA, online filters, online features, replays features (controls) and replay visual quality etc...). They have been asked by all pc2's users but never improved. If it will be done I will be happy to consider PC3!

I agree with Scaff :)
I disagree with @Scaff.

Fiorano is a fantastic little track to race my little cars around & I don't care that I can only use Ferrari's because there's a fantastic selection of them to use (pokes tongue out & blows a raspberry) :)

I have a soft spot for figure of 8 tracks hence my post regarding fantasy DLC https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/mr-grumpy.256315/

Also regarding figure of 8 tracks, a huge well done for Bannockbrae. It is quite simply the best fantasy figure of 8 track that I've raced on, it's got everything, a masterpiece in my opinion.

@IanBell

The most epic thing you could announce is the return of host kick. I'm guessing the 'epic' things you have been working on have kept you from playing in public rooms on a console. But I really highly recommend spending a few days (weeks!) of doing nothing but that. Then the problems will quickly be apparent.

Public rooms without host kick is Anarchy in the UK! (and everywhere else too!). 'No future'

Sadly, the main differences between the PC lobby system and the console one are the very things that make it almost unplayable (and unplayed... I was on at 9pm CST USA time last night and there were well under 20 rooms open - worldwide - only one with more than 6 people in it).

No room titles.
No host kick
No total room sort

It would indeed be 'epic' if this was addressed!

BTW, this is the first appearance of @IanBell with a PC2 comment here since Dec '17.

Last edited:
PS Thanks for all the positive comments here. We're certainly not hiding under a rock back at base. We're very very busy on some epic things we'll be announcing soon.

Ongoing Kudos to this site BTW. x
Agree @IanBell - this site is superb as always and a credit to the race sim community.

A great first year for Project Cars 2 and I can't want to hear what you have planned. My wish is for a full Season 2 Pass and some more North American content - ovals please Ian! I am based in UK but race in a US based league as their time slots are better for my lifestyle - we run NASCAR and IndyCar race series amongst others and would love to be able to introduce additional ovals into our schedule.

@IanBell

The most epic thing you could announce is the return of host kick. I'm guessing the 'epic' things you have been working on have kept you from playing in public rooms on a console. But I really highly recommend spending a few days (weeks!) of doing nothing but that. Then the problems will quickly be apparent.

Public rooms without host kick is Anarchy in the UK! (and everywhere else too!). 'No future'

Sadly, the main differences between the PC lobby system and the console one are the very things that make it almost unplayable (and unplayed... I was on at 9pm CST USA time last night and there were well under 20 rooms open - worldwide - only one with more than 6 people in it).

No room titles.
No host kick
No total room sort

It would indeed be 'epic' if this was addressed!

You just could've asked nicely for those improvements instead of spicing up your post with snide remarks/veiled insults, but apparently you somehow think that Ian (or a dev) is more inclined to respond to you when you're taking the sarcastic route (Pro tip: It won't work).

BTW, this is the first appearance of @IanBell with a PC2 comment here since Dec '17.

And? I don't know what you wanna tell us with this?

Let's hope Bell's official smsoon for new stuff announcement lands before or by Christmas. More stuff coming to pc2 is what It could interest me the most rather than another game. We have a perfect base with PC2 to continue to add content, and a pack of hypercars+ another Bannochbrae-like track that alone can make me happy enough for another couple of months.

I think this game needs a dedicated GT2 pack as well as expanding GT1 roster. These two categories have always been the best; very fast cars and amazing designs from a better less assisted era.

The inclusion of Alfa's and more road going Lotus cars, would be awesome.

Everyone wants something different as they have different priorities and interests, but I could certainly agree with adding Alfa Romeo as it would open up so many possibilities for strengthening different classes within the game.

My other favourite marque additions would be Maserati, Lola and Historic McLaren.

For me the game needs a front engined Grand Prix car - I bought Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition just to have the Maserati 250F, but I would much rather get that fix from Project Cars 2 than AC. If they don't add Maserati we could get this fix if they added a Lotus 12, Lotus 16 or Aston Martin DBR4. Hope everyone enjoys this video - imagine driving this in the game!

Thoroughly enjoy this game but I can't help but think that the lack of customization for AI racing is a downer. Would be nice to be able to form our own grids, label AI, etc.

Thoroughly enjoy this game but I can't help but think that the lack of customization for AI racing is a downer. Would be nice to be able to form our own grids, label AI, etc.

Yeah because there are some classes I tend to avoid because there is one dominant car (Nissan ZX Turbo Group C, Jaguar Roadster, etc.) and if I don't run that car I can't get a competitive race unless I take the AI strength down to a ridiculous level to try and peg that dominant car back. If I could go in and compose my grid minus that dominant car it would open up more cars to me.

That's why I hope that even if there is no more content coming and there's not going to be a PCars3 that SMS will still release patches for PCars2 to address some of these lingering issues.

You just could've asked nicely for those improvements instead of spicing up your post with snide remarks/veiled insults, but apparently you somehow think that Ian (or a dev) is more inclined to respond to you when you're taking the sarcastic route (Pro tip: It won't work).

Mr Bell (and almost the entire dev team) has been absent on his own forum as well as here for ages. In fact, dev explanations for the continuation of dropping of host kick after the almost universal request for its reinstatement (as politely as you would ever wish for) is completely missing. The truth of the matter is, when SMS decide they can't be bothered with an issue no matter how much support it has, it makes no difference the tone or the rhetoric. (Pro tip: It doesn't matter when they don't care.)

Yeah because there are some classes I tend to avoid because there is one dominant car (Nissan ZX Turbo Group C, Jaguar Roadster, etc.) and if I don't run that car I can't get a competitive race unless I take the AI strength down to a ridiculous level to try and peg that dominant car back. If I could go in and compose my grid minus that dominant car it would open up more cars to me.

That's why I hope that even if there is no more content coming and there's not going to be a PCars3 that SMS will still release patches for PCars2 to address some of these lingering issues.

BoP would help with this too. I hate the idea of restricting car choice in some already slim Groups... An SMS imposed BoP nerf on the fastest cars (just like they do IRL) would open up the grids a lot more outside of GT3/E/TC etc.

Mr Bell (and almost the entire dev team) has been absent on his own forum as well as here for ages. In fact, dev explanations for the continuation of dropping of host kick after the almost universal request for its reinstatement (as politely as you would ever wish for) is completely missing. The truth of the matter is, when SMS decide they can't be bothered with an issue no matter how much support it has, it makes no difference the tone or the rhetoric. (Pro tip: It doesn't matter when they don't care.)

They have been absent because everytime they come back they're greeted by posts like yours.

The fact that "when tone doesn't matter" as you put it, you're defaulting to a disrespectful one, tells a lot about you and your attitude.

Utter rubbish! There is no shortage of fawning at SMS's site. Devs are still silent. Sorry, Bealdor, but the facts don't match your explanation. If one so-called 'disrespectful' post surrounded by a plethora of respectful ones equals total dev silence, that's disrespect from the devs.

Despite your draconian moderation of SMS's site, the devs are still AWOL. I call that disrespect.

When the devs used to frequent the SMS site and here, there were still plenty of less than fawning posts. Didn't stop them posting. Your explanation is utter fabrication, completely untethered from facts.

Agree @IanBell - this site is superb as always and a credit to the race sim community.

A great first year for Project Cars 2 and I can't want to hear what you have planned. My wish is for a full Season 2 Pass and some more North American content - ovals please Ian! I am based in UK but race in a US based league as their time slots are better for my lifestyle - we run NASCAR and IndyCar race series amongst others and would love to be able to introduce additional ovals into our schedule.

@IanBell One thing which SMS ought to be able to do really easily is to allow the Monza banked circuit to be run in reverse. The Indy cars were invited over to the "Monzanapolis" races (also known as "The Race of Two World's) in 1957 and 1958 and raced the track in the opposite direction to what we have in the game. This would immediately give one extra oval to run - with presumably hardly any extra effort by SMS.

The Agajanian Watson Roadster is particularly enjoyable at Monza, but at the moment it just feels wrong having to drive the track in the wrong direction for this car.

Utter rubbish! There is no shortage of fawning at SMS's site. Devs are still silent. Sorry, Bealdor, but the facts don't match your explanation. If one so-called 'disrespectful' post surrounded by a plethora of respectful ones equals total dev silence, that's disrespect from the devs.

Despite your draconian moderation of SMS's site, the devs are still AWOL. I call that disrespect.

When the devs used to frequent the SMS site and here, there were still plenty of less than fawning posts. Didn't stop them posting. Your explanation is utter fabrication, completely untethered from facts.

You know nothing about what's going on behind the scenes or the devs' motivation behind why they're not posting anymore, so spare me your "facts" talk.
There were so many things explained to you already (replay file size for example) you chose to ignore or not believe because it didn't fit your POV that it's pointless to continue explaining you anything.

Feel free to not believe me though (as usual) because frankly, I don't care anymore.

@IanBell One thing which SMS ought to be able to do really easily is to allow the Monza banked circuit to be run in reverse. The Indy cars were invited over to the "Monzanapolis" races (also known as "The Race of Two World's) in 1957 and 1958 and raced the track in the opposite direction to what we have in the game. This would immediately give one extra oval to run - with presumably hardly any extra effort by SMS.

The Agajanian Watson Roadster is particularly enjoyable at Monza, but at the moment it just feels wrong having to drive the track in the wrong direction for this car.
Please remove the chicane aswell :)

I'll change that record now....... Promise :)

I remember making those points before. Though he doesn't listen or take on feedback. Ironic considering that's what he's complaining about SMS not doing. ;)

Latest Posts

Back