One year after release opinion

• Thread starter fernandito
  • 408 comments
After getting a wheel and pedals. I think assetto corsa is the best and most real. On Xbox. It beats forza and project cars. And sets the bar for future racing games. Will see what gtr3 does

The devs say GTR3 is not going to be a sim.
Interesting news.
Actually that in some ways it's good. People often think they want a pure sim and then when they get one they realise that they don't. Something very close with good gameplay is often ideal.

Last edited:
I also think this is good news... We have far to many similar sims right know... Pcars 2, AC, ACC.... GTR3 would be exactly the same game if it was sim title. But if they are going to make more arcade (grid like?) title it would be something different.

Lets just hope it’s more sim the arcade. I like assetto corsa more then project cars 2. And forza Motorsport is just a joke compared to what’s out now. So let’s hope gtr3 doesn’t become forza. That would be bad.

"More recently Paul “Rushy” Rustchynsky joined the team. He’s a man with plenty of arcade-oriented experience (Onrush, Driveclub, Motorstorm), and would make an excellent lead for a game focused on Toretto & Co."

No, no he would not. As a devout player from both MotorStorm and Driveclub, I have to tell you that this man is trouble. The fact that he got sacked by Sony and Codemasters in roughly a year's time should say enough.
He has a habit of overtaking player interests with his own. Throwing super bikes into a game targeted towards supercar fans (Driveclub), and thus dividing the remaining post-released content between fans and his own personal interest. Or packaging hijab-wearing arab women as selectable drivers in Onrush to accentuate his gross political views that he likes to commonly show on his sleeve on twitter. Not to mention the absence of any racing modes in Onrush to begin with (in spite of being openly advertised as a racing game), taking a gamble with a product that only he wanted.
I really don't know what happened to him. The man never had these issues within the MotorStorm franchise. He's become oblivious to player interests since Driveclub, and completely lost his marbles after the 2016 American election.

SMS should have just hired Jamie Brayshaw instead. By what I've heard, the PC2 moderators aren't very friendly. Jamie, however, was exceptional with the community for all three franchises he worked with, having to take all the flak from Rushy's questionable decisions, yet never butting heads with even the most sour of players. Hopefully he gets picked up by someone soon, he deserves it.

As for Paul. Project CARS fans better hope that he doesn't get a lick of authority within the franchise, for their own sake.

"More recently Paul “Rushy” Rustchynsky joined the team. He’s a man with plenty of arcade-oriented experience (Onrush, Driveclub, Motorstorm), and would make an excellent lead for a game focused on Toretto & Co."

No, no he would not. As a devout player from both MotorStorm and Driveclub, I have to tell you that this man is trouble. The fact that he got sacked by Sony and Codemasters in roughly a year's time should say enough.
He has a habit of overtaking player interests with his own. Throwing super bikes into a game targeted towards supercar fans (Driveclub), and thus dividing the remaining post-released content between fans and his own personal interest. Or packaging hijab-wearing arab women as selectable drivers in Onrush to accentuate his gross political views that he likes to commonly show on his sleeve on twitter. Not to mention the absence of any racing modes in Onrush to begin with (in spite of being openly advertised as a racing game), taking a gamble with a product that only he wanted.
I really don't know what happened to him. The man never had these issues within the MotorStorm franchise. He's become oblivious to player interests since Driveclub, and completely lost his marbles after the 2016 American election.

SMS should have just hired Jamie Brayshaw instead. By what I've heard, the PC2 moderators aren't very friendly. Jamie, however, was exceptional with the community for all three franchises he worked with, having to take all the flak from Rushy's questionable decisions, yet never butting heads with even the most sour of players. Hopefully he gets picked up by someone soon, he deserves it.

As for Paul. Project CARS fans better hope that he doesn't get a lick of authority within the franchise, for their own sake.

Haha;) I'm sure you tried to get a job at sms and got no response. But its funny to read how well you know how the atmosphere at sms is or if the moderators are friendly or not;)

Haha;) I'm sure you tried to get a job at sms and got no response. But its funny to read how well you know how the atmosphere at sms is or if the moderators are friendly or not;)

I have no idea where you're coming from. I couldn't design, code, model, market, or do anything else of the sort to save my life. Why would I apply for a job at sms? Are you just referring to By what I've heard, the PC2 moderators aren't very friendly? Because that's not an assertion, but an assumption based off of observation of other disgruntled gamers, some of which can be found in this very forum.

Or packaging hijab-wearing arab women as selectable drivers in Onrush to accentuate his gross political views that he likes to commonly show on his sleeve on twitter.

Help me here... Is your problem that they're wearing hijabs or that they're women... or both? Just can't work out if you're racist or sexist...

Anyway, I do wonder what your opinion of GT Planet moderators will be when they see your post... It's pretty devisive, I must say.

in spite of being openly advertised as a racing game), .

No, it wasn't.

racing.PNG

That's from Codemaster's page dedicated to the game. In what little promotion they did for the game they drove the "it's not a racing game" point home as much as they could. It's not their fault people couldn't grasp the concept of a game with cars not being about racing.

Help me here... Is your problem that they're wearing hijabs or that they're women... or both? Just can't work out if you're racist or sexist...

Anyway, I do wonder what your opinion of GT Planet moderators will be when they see your post... It's pretty devisive, I must say.

Its a political response regarding his views on the state of Britain and Brexit. A nonchalant jab at people in favour of the movement and their displeasure with immigration from the Arabic world. And what better way to take a low-key jab at such people than making a hijab-wearing Arabic character with the Union Jack plastered on her wrist. The symbolism is clear enough, and the inclusion of such a specific character in a game like Onrush wouldn't make sense for any other reason.
Frankly, I don't like being falsely accused of bigotry over such sensitive subject matter. Please don't make such assertions again.

Divisive? Perhaps. Though I intended it more as an informative warning if anything. But we'll see. I'm used to coming off as more hostile than I intend and will accept any consequences.

Last edited:
No, it wasn't.

View attachment 804664

That's from Codemaster's page dedicated to the game. In what little promotion they did for the game they drove the "it's not a racing game" point home as much as they could. It's not their fault people couldn't grasp the concept of a game with cars not being about racing.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Anyone who took an extra 5 minutes to look further would see its not a racing title, but the deceptive/poor marketing was real enough that it did sway many people into misbelieving it as a racing game.

Last edited:
I have no idea where you're coming from. I couldn't design, code, model, market, or do anything else of the sort to save my life. Why would I apply for a job at sms? Are you just referring to By what I've heard, the PC2 moderators aren't very friendly? Because that's not an assertion, but an assumption based off of observation of other disgruntled gamers, some of which can be found in this very forum.

You dont need to know where I'm coming from buddy. And take life easy and dont think you know anybody on the planet and can judge on them. ;) what a funny dude you are...haha

You dont need to know where I'm coming from buddy. And take life easy and dont think you know anybody on the planet and can judge on them. ;) what a funny dude you are...haha

I don't understand what you're saying at all, but fair enough.

Sounds more like you're trying to shoehorn your own beliefs into something and making it stick, rather than just accepting something being added to try not to be exclusionist. The more that gamers of all races, genders, age, size and background can be made to feel welcomed into playing a game, the better. I'm a white, middle-class, middle-aged nerdy gamer, so if I get a chance to pick a character in a game then I'll pick the one that closely matches that, to help me identify with the protagonist I'm playing. Do I get all uppity if there are characters available that don't match my background? No, I just ignore them.

And trying to shoehorn Brexit into it, I don't even know where to start. Oh, actually I do, I'll start with the 'ignore user' button.

Now, back to the game and people's opinions of it post-release.

Back