Online anoying

  • Thread starter Thread starter topban82
  • 16 comments
  • 1,469 views
Messages
449
Messages
topban82
Online is very annoying for me cos when I try to join a game it dose not join and if I get in a game it DISCONNECTS AHHHHHH can some one help me
 
Let's start from the beginning, with some specific details. I'm not one for grabbing at straws.
 
I've been having disconnect errors again too, really annoying:grumpy:
 
I have this all the time - my broadband just isnt good enough I'm afraid.
 
PD really need to sort out the online rooms.
The update which disconnects players waiting for a race to finish is really daft, best thing to do is just note the room number and as soon as you get disconnected join the room again
 
If you go to the GT5-Online subsection of this forum there are a couple of threads about online connectivity with some hints and tips that may be of use.

I had terrible trouble with my friends not being able to join my lounge for a race series, a friend changed my router settings and input manual settings into my PS3 network settings, since then alot more people have been able to join my lounge, but some still can't.

I regularly (daily) play Battlefield 2 with my friends from all over the world, we can always join the same squad / team every time we try, it's been like that since Battlefield BC2 was released, hardly any problems ever, we can always team up and play, everyday.

How come EA can have an online system whereby friends can always play together, at any time, from all round the world, but Polyphony can't?????

GT5 prologue was the same, the connection to online racing was awful, absolutely terrible, they haven't learned a thing.

I'd quite happily pay, like Xbox live do, if it meant I could play all my friends everyday without issue, why don't Sony and Polyphony understand this.

It's a joke.
 
i wish i would get a disconnected error, mine just stays stuck in the black screen before the race.
i always need to restart the game :(
 
What do you want for free, playstation network has never been great.
 
I was getting problems like this at one point or another.. I tried a few things like disablaling upnp in network setup and also disabaling the media server option.. No idea how this affected GT5 well certainly not the media server but something along the way did something as it runs very smooth now. Haven't had a D/C in over a week. If you provide more information on your setup and problem maybe somebody can help more in-depth ;)
 
I have disconections from time to times, as i have written in previous threads, if you are sure that your internet connection is okay, maybe its the host or other players that has problems with connection. I can atleast say that 8 mbit is minimun for online play, especialy if you are racing on forreign rooms.
 
You don't want to turn of UPNP..
 
You don't want to turn of UPNP..

why not you can choose ports yourself you know. UPNP isnt everything lmao. Not all routers allow UPNP or are compatible anyway.
 
My download speed is 1.36 and my ping speed is 124 and my upload speed is 0.36
 
My router disconnects very often when playing GT5 online, and i think it is depending on the bandwith of the lobby host, the amount of players in the lobby seems to be unimportant. In some lobbys, i disconnect all the time, whereas i can play for hours in some others.
 
What do you want for free, playstation network has never been great.

Really? My years and years of online gaming free on the pc must have been lucky lol
 
Highlandor
If you go to the GT5-Online subsection of this forum there are a couple of threads about online connectivity with some hints and tips that may be of use.

I had terrible trouble with my friends not being able to join my lounge for a race series, a friend changed my router settings and input manual settings into my PS3 network settings, since then alot more people have been able to join my lounge, but some still can't.

I regularly (daily) play Battlefield 2 with my friends from all over the world, we can always join the same squad / team every time we try, it's been like that since Battlefield BC2 was released, hardly any problems ever, we can always team up and play, everyday.

How come EA can have an online system whereby friends can always play together, at any time, from all round the world, but Polyphony can't?????

GT5 prologue was the same, the connection to online racing was awful, absolutely terrible, they haven't learned a thing.

I'd quite happily pay, like Xbox live do, if it meant I could play all my friends everyday without issue, why don't Sony and Polyphony understand this.

It's a joke.

Im sorry, but for me as an aussie, i have stopped playing BC2, nfs hot pursuit, any EA game, because i could never connect to my aussie friends, and anytime we did connect, we got stuck with americans, who owned the room, and our lag was beyond extraodinary! I have alot better connecting to rooms on GT5, then any greedy EA game(from my expierence).
 
Back