Online is just a bunch of noobs....

  • Thread starter Thread starter leeson
  • 51 comments
  • 4,488 views
Messages
75
Where do serious people race online? Do you have to join a club/ have a private room?

I can almost never find a lobby that restricts tires. Everyone is always using Racing Softs even in rooms where people are racing low-powered street cars. That really ruins the experience and turns GT5 into an arcade game.

The only good races I seem to find are the Shuffle races. But I know there are plenty of people who are like me and don't use Racing Softs on street cars (or any car for that matter). Where are you guys??
 
look for my boy bmwe36 he always runs 500pp ss tires.. be warned though he dosent like try hard cars so you will get kicked if your in a nsx or 111r or some raped down supercar
 
Where do serious people race online? Do you have to join a club/ have a private room?

I can almost never find a lobby that restricts tires. Everyone is always using Racing Softs even in rooms where people are racing low-powered street cars. That really ruins the experience and turns GT5 into an arcade game.

The only good races I seem to find are the Shuffle races. But I know there are plenty of people who are like me and don't use Racing Softs on street cars (or any car for that matter). Where are you guys??

I agree! And as VBR posted, LOTS of racing series for you to participate in without the arcade tires. 👍

Also, nice to see someone from CO. I grew up in Grand Junction. :dopey:
 
VBR
We're all in here!

I'll check that out. Where do you recommend I start?

I don't like try-hard cars, either. I'm always trying out different cars. I mean, there's over 1,000 cars in the game, why use the same 15 all the time?
 
We're out there. I prefer stock with whatever tires come stock, which means I'm usually just racing my friend. I used to fully tune everything and slap on racing softs, but now I prefer PP based racing, stock cars/tires and drivetrain restrictions. (Keeps out NSX's when you are racing AWD cars at 470PP, etc.)
 
Where do serious people race online? Do you have to join a club/ have a private room?

I can almost never find a lobby that restricts tires. Everyone is always using Racing Softs even in rooms where people are racing low-powered street cars. That really ruins the experience and turns GT5 into an arcade game.

The only good races I seem to find are the Shuffle races. But I know there are plenty of people who are like me and don't use Racing Softs on street cars (or any car for that matter). Where are you guys??

Ha!

Someone joined my room last night. Called us all noobs, then got on track with bad tires.

I tried to warn them in the chatbox that we all had racing softs on. He ignored me. Then left shortly after the race started.

Was that you?

We were doing 425pp at Eiger.
 
Last edited:
Ha!

Someone joined my room last night. Called us all noobs, then got on track with bad tires.

I tried to warn them in the chatbox that we all had racing softs on. He ignored me. Then left shortly after the race started.

Was that you?

We were doing 425pp at Eiger.

Well racing softs are a bit grippy unless you are doing fun races...
 
Furinkazen
Well racing softs are a bit grippy unless you are doing fun races...

Don't need RS tires to have fun.
 
I'll check that out. Where do you recommend I start?
As you can see, there are plenty of goups, so the best place to start is look through them and see which might suit your style...because there are a lot of them out there from the ABS 0 stock guys to the casual groups that know they aren't the fastest on the block, but still want to race well and clean with like minded people.
 
Indeedy, finding a decent GT5 lounge outside GTP is like trying to find a calculator from my room. Those randoms can be real nutjobs.
 
Calling people noobs due to different preferences is kinda dumb.
 
Johnny's Foolproof Guide to Open Lobbies
This is a good guide. The only thing I would add is look out for user names with birth dates in them near 13 years old. for example (names I made up) IM_THE_BEST__1999 or TRY_AND_BEAT_ME_^-^_2000.
RS tires do not always mean they are noobs but if you find a room with sports tires the odd of like minded racers goes up.
 
Johnny's Foolproof Guide to Open Lobbies
This is a good guide. The only thing I would add is look out for user names with birth dates in them near 13 years old. for example (names I made up) IM_THE_BEST__1999 or TRY_AND_BEAT_ME_^-^_2000.
RS tires do not always mean they are noobs but if you find a room with sports tires the odd of like minded racers goes up.

To add to that, in general I would avoid all hosts with somewhat childish looking names with ALL CAPS.
 
To add to that, in general I would avoid all hosts with somewhat childish looking names with ALL CAPS.

:guilty:

But you'll never see my hosting anyway. The only online racing I do is with the WRS people.
 
:guilty:

But you'll never see my hosting anyway. The only online racing I do is with the WRS people.

Aww, come on mate, I said "childish looking" and you have a GTP tag. :)
 
@ OP: Anything with the word "PURE" in the title is guaranteed for good racing.

Good place to start. 👍
 
And my race leagues are aimed at all skill levels of driver :)
 
@ OP: Anything with the word "PURE" in the title is guaranteed for good racing.

Good place to start. 👍

Almost anything with the name PURE.

Saw a room called PURE RACING once. Checked it out to see if it was the PURE I was thinking of. It was full of tards.

Good rooms aren't that hard to find. Unfortunately if you just want to do some pickup races finding anything without racing softs will be hard. But its possible.

Shuffle races are good for clean good races, and usually the crash bandicoots want to drive their GT-R's and Viper ACR's fully tuned so they tend to avoid shuffle rooms.

GT-500 rooms running 493, 502, 522 hp are popular right now, and you can find a lot of good competition. But, most of those are Racing soft lobbies. Occasionally you will see one with racing mediums and tire wear set to fast, running about 12-18 lappers. Excellent hosting generally. No laggers or dirty racers.

Good luck.
 
^ lol i got kicked by a kid bc my car was faster than his. I had my tuned zonda r making clean laps on eiger and 2 laps after i beat his best time i got kicked and I only spun once and it affected no one but me. oh well, i just joined another eiger room and got kicked again.
 
Gtp has no real system for installed for realistisc online racing. I'd want to race my real life 92 Miata, or a japanese Kei car. On occasion it can be done when you meet the right people but it's hard to keep out the boy-racer cannot-drive-clean crowd.
On a street car, i'd want to run street, comfort or street soft tyres - max, the original the car is usually equipped with. With a sim like rfactor, normally no problem.


We should be (easier) pick with both offline and online in gtp what tyres we want to run and what street cars we drive, imho. Easier to select the 'sim' racer crowd. Easier to keep out the people who want to want to lack of grip.

Pd should, for instance, install a 'street car - no more than comfort softs' category. They could do install that technically easily. After all, i can finally notice in Gt5 they've driven the real street cars enough (unlike the F1 cars, which i'd think somehow they do somehow).
 
Last edited:
To add to that, in general I would avoid all hosts with somewhat childish looking names with ALL CAPS.

You can't always judge a book by its title my friend. I used to run under the tag KB18FAN and people thought that just because I was a Kyle Bush NASCAR fan, that I was some punk kid who couldn't run on the circuits. Once they ran a few races with me, they found out differently. I'm 46 yo and can hold my own in any race. I've also met some of the best racers that I had ever raced with who had some childish/odd/unusual looking names. So, don't judge until you know, thats all.

I would also like to point out that just because someone has a GTP tag, doesn't mean that they are good, clean racers and are part of the WRS registry. Anyone can use that prefix as it is not exclusive to the WRS. Just another reason for you not to judge a book by the title. I can however vouch for NINE_HUNDRED as I compete with him weekly in the WRS TT events. He is one of the good guys.
 
Last edited:
I also avoid;

~People with any offensive usernames
~People with anything saying they're "MW3-GOD" or similar
~Any hosts not British, American, or Canadian (This is due to connection issues with anyone else but Japanese players.)
~Any leagues here on GTP (This is because I'm not a part of ANY of them and don't want to impose on you guys with my absurd car choices)

I have found that "WELCOME 2 WAL-MART", which is a group of Canadians/Americans, is a good room - if you can deal with the one guy and his Audi RS6's. Them boats...
 
Or you could just create your own room and be done with it. Calling someone a noob because of his/her racing preference is pure ignorance on your part. Let people enjoy the game they want to enjoy it. No-one here has to live up to anyone elses standards by any means, let alone yours.
 
@ OP: Anything with the word "PURE" in the title is guaranteed for good racing. getting instant kick.

Good place to start. 👍
Sure

But you should probably tell him that he has to sign up for it. Otherwise it will end how I wrote above.
 
Last edited:
Back