Online is just a bunch of noobs....

  • Thread starter Thread starter leeson
  • 51 comments
  • 4,488 views
He was taking about the threat titles. I have never seen anyone kicked that signed up for a series.
I guess I didn't explain it enough, read edit.
 
Using Racing Softs don't automatically equal better driving skills. I was placing 2nd place in my AE86 racing guys with Racing Softs and higher HP cars like the NSX and Vipers. I just love a good race period. Dont block up the track or Ram people because you are losing and we'll be fine.
 
P0UP0N
Or you could just create your own room and be done with it. Calling someone a noob because of his/her racing preference is pure ignorance on your part. Let people enjoy the game they want to enjoy it. No-one here has to live up to anyone elses standards by any means, let alone yours.

I have to agree with the above, if I'm beating someone over and over and I see no change, I simply throw tips. I like to help, even if it back fires like it usually does when I run into anyone I helped
 
Calling people noobs due to different preferences is kinda dumb.

no its not cause the second you change it to sport soft tires you room gets ruined by people that cant drive
 
Yep all the more dedicated racers have formed groups. Still many good racers can be found in public lounges but tough to find these days.
 
Ha!

Someone joined my room last night. Called us all noobs, then got on track with bad tires.

I tried to warn them in the chatbox that we all had racing softs on. He ignored me. Then left shortly after the race started.

Was that you?

We were doing 425pp at Eiger.

LOL probably. Actually, I think it was. That's probably what prompted me to come here and rant.
 
Calling people noobs due to different preferences is kinda dumb.

Good point, my good doctor. I was just kind of frustrated that seemingly everybody online uses racing softs, and I just can't have a good race that way. Of course people can play however the hell they want. I'd just like to meet more people online with similar preferences to mine own.
 
LOL probably. Actually, I think it was. That's probably what prompted me to come here and rant.

lol That’s funny.

You know in the first few weeks after GT5 came out, when I would join a lobby that had tire restrictions – I thought they were the noobs and just couldn’t afford to spend the 36,000cr for racing soft tires.
 
Good point, my good doctor. I was just kind of frustrated that seemingly everybody online uses racing softs, and I just can't have a good race that way. Of course people can play however the hell they want. I'd just like to meet more people online with similar preferences to mine own.
That's absolutely understandable. :)
no its not cause the second you change it to sport soft tires you room gets ruined by people that cant drive
Bet the same happens if you change from ss tyres to cs? :dopey:
 
Be on the lookout for my room "Practice NoABS CM", mainly track day, and races when there's a demand :) no PP limit, but no aids and CM tire only, these 2 usually means serious clean and fair racers who stayed in the room looking for good practice session, most usually won't last more than 5 minutes after joining in. I won't call them noobs, they were mostly complained about the no aids and comfort tires restriction ( sometimes I wonder if they read the room title ), so they just left, often after crashing all over the place.

This way I almost never have to kick anyone ;) but getting more than 3 racers stayed for a while in the room is a rarity.
 
What is gr8 about gt5 is there are lots of gamers. You will find all types but most are generous and accommodating.:cool:
Enjoy:cheers:
 
Ridox2JZGTE
Be on the lookout for my room "Practice NoABS CM", mainly track day, and races when there's a demand :)

If you make a room sometime this weekend I'll be glad to join :)
 
If you can make UK race times you are welcome to race with us. We are around 40 guys 2 years racing together
 
There are plenty decent racers who only race in public lobbies but unfortunately the are more children who can't race. You need to either create your own lobbies and keep the bad racers out or look for clean lobbies. Don't be afraid to kick the kids out.
 
It's just a shame you can't filter tyre restrictions in the search options, perhaps it isn't there because tyres were part of the PP-system initially.
But when I enter the open lobby (which I don't do that frequently though), I'll always find a good room in the end or start one myself.
Not sure you can filter idiots, I've proposed a license filtering option before (where you can choose to only let people in who at least made an effort or made clear they know the basics) but that isn't a guarantee either.

I also suspect with different PSN accounts being available that a lot of players have a Jekyll and Hyde approach to gaming, one main account showing their best behaviour and one used to troll as I often find players who can drive perfectly fine but still feel the need to push you off track or generally be 🤬.
 
It's just a shame you can't filter tyre restrictions in the search options...

Being able to filter between rooms running Comfort/Sport/Racing tyres would be great, & having a filter for Normal Race/Shuffle Race would be great too. But we'll probably get neither as PD don't do common sense!


:crazy:
 
Johnny's Foolproof Guide to Open Lobbies
This is a good guide. The only thing I would add is look out for user names with birth dates in them near 13 years old. for example (names I made up) IM_THE_BEST__1999 or TRY_AND_BEAT_ME_^-^_2000.
RS tires do not always mean they are noobs but if you find a room with sports tires the odd of like minded racers goes up.

Haha Carr...thanks for the plug. I have followed those guidelines religiously since Day 1 and while it's not perfect, it does work well. It's especially tough these days compared to a year or more ago, to find anyone interested in circuit racing on street tires. Many times I can't find a single room that fits that description. Most rooms are Drag/Cruise/Nurb/Nascar etc, none of which really appeal to me for the most part.
 
Haha Carr...thanks for the plug. I have followed those guidelines religiously since Day 1 and while it's not perfect, it does work well. It's especially tough these days compared to a year or more ago, to find anyone interested in circuit racing on street tires. Many times I can't find a single room that fits that description. Most rooms are Drag/Cruise/Nurb/Nascar etc, none of which really appeal to me for the most part.

And what is wrong with NASCAR Mr. Canada. :lol: Just messing with you my man-crush.:lol: Hope you have a safe and happy New Year my friend.
 
And what is wrong with NASCAR...

The same thing that's wrong with Derek Zoolander, but the exact opposite, namely that he can only turn right!


:sly:
 
Back