Online Leagues with XLink Kai / Hamachi

• Thread starter gt5scope
  • 6 comments

Are you interested in a GT4 Online League ?

• Yes, on PAL version

• Yes, on NTSC-U/C version

• Yes, on NTSC-J version

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi there,

I just wanted to know if there's still an active community playing GT4 Online (using XLINK Kai or Hamachi) ?
If not, would there be some people interested in running a small league ?

Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting a Network adapter for my FAT PS2 since my slim PS2 refuses to play GT4.

I have two PAL copies of GT4 with a PAL PS2 (Mine is made for the Aussie/NZ market tho).

20180120_145435.jpg

I have already posted in the other thread but... Test session? :P

Hi, this week-end I'm not at home.
Next week-end, we can organize this. In the meantime, I'll set everything up with XLink next week.

Last edited:
Hi,

I had a look at the XLink Kai tutorials and first issue is that I'm not able to see the MAC address from the info menu when starting-up the PS2.
FYI, I have a FAT one with external network adapter.

In GT4, I manage to create a LAN connexion and when I hit "connect" I'm able to see the "waiting for connexion" screen.
If I unplug the cable, I stay on the "now connecting" screen which is the evidence that my network adapter is working fine.

So I don't know why I can't see the MAC address of my PS2 w/ network adapter but I'm stuck here.

Also, I see that in order to get XLink Kai working, it's required to disable the DHCP on the PC running it which I don't like that much.

Have someone here on the forum some experience with Hamachi ?
I understand how to use it for PC game, it's really easy. But for PS2 I don't see any clear tutorial on the Internet.

What I don't get is how to connect the PS2 with the PC running Hamachi.
Is it done by connecting the PS2 to the PC running Hamachi with Ethernet cable ? If so, is straight cable fine ?

EDIT: I'll try to bridge the Hamachi virtual connection with my local connection.

EDIT2: My config is:
PS2 - Routeur by straight Ethernet cable
Laptop - Routeur via WiFI

I'll install Hamachi on the laptop.

As far as I know, Hamachi acts as a dedicated Network adapter. If it has its own Gateway, I can maybe try to directly input this in the connection details on the PS2 (field Gateway). This would prevent me from bridging. I've still to experiment but I'm pretty sure that in the end, Hamachi is easier and more convinient to setup than XLink Kai for PS2 gaming.

To be continued...

Last edited:
Hi,

I managed to get XLink Kai working.
Here's how I did:

Hardware setup:
- Connect PS2 to routeur using straight network cable
- Connect laptio to router using straight network cable

On the PS2:
- Before starting GT4, grab your MAC address (on slim PS2 it can be done by hitting triangle on the menu when you start your console without any disc)
- In GT4, go to Arcade Mode
- Choose "LAN multiplayer"
- Create new connection
- Give it a name (e.g. XLink Kai)
- Turn DHCP Off
- As default gateway input your router IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.1)
- As network mask input 255.255.255.0
- As IP address, translate your PS2 MAC address into IP address using http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ps2assign.php
- Save your config
- Select it and hit "connect"
- After less than 10s, you shall reach "waiting for connection" screen

On the laptop:
- Download and install XLink Kai
- Create a XLink Kai user account if you don't have any
- Start (with admin right) XLink Kai to start the engine
- Login with your XLink Kai credentials
- Start (with admin right) XLink Kai User Interface
- After starting the User Interface I had to close the tab in my browser opened when I started the engine else, it made the application crashing
- Go to the diagnostics by clicking the magnifying glass
- After some time (less than a minutes) "network reachable" should show "yes".
- On the second page of the diagnostics tools, it shall show "PS2 detected and correctly configured"

Play:
- Go to the arenas by clicking on the globe.
- Select PlayStation 2
- Select Gran Turismo 4 and the region of the game.
- Follow the instructions appearing on the chat.

This worked for me.

Last edited:
Back