Online lobbies: issues, problems/solutions, discussion

• Thread starter twitcher
  • 77 comments
I've had a couple oddities/frustrations/glitches.

You know the driver tag you see over another driver's car that shows their name, etc.? I never see those over the car, instead they have become disconnected from the car and randomly zip all around the track like ghosts. Even when I have it set to not show the driver names, they're still there randomly wandering around the track looking for their lost host car.

Server list never shows more than 50 lobbies up. My friends could not find my lobby because it wasn't showing in their list of 50, and they were seeing a different 50 than I was. Is there no option to search for a specific lobby name? I had to manually send invites through Steam, and when I would do that the Steam invite interface would bug out and get stuck on the screen. I'd have to click on the X about 15 times before it would actually close.
There needs to be an option that shows you only lobbies that have your friends in them.

@IanBell Loving the game so far, and hosted our first league race last night with no particular issues, just wanted to ask 2 questions;

1: When I create a lobby for our league races I set up a qualifying session and then a certain number of laps for the race, last night when I was creating a lobby for the Nurburgring Nordschleife for Group A cars it wouldn't let me select qualifying at all, it would only allow qualifying around Nordschleife Combined or the Nurburging GP circuit, I tried selecting the Motorsport presets as well as various other options but it still wouldn't allow it. I also noticed it omitted other race tracks as well such as Snetterton 100 and I was curious to know whether this decision was by choice or is it a bug?

2: When in an online lobby I can only select one car class once a race has finished so for example once we've finished the race in a GT3 class and then decide we want to race in LMP2 cars, we have to create a new lobby to do so rather than selecting a new class to change too, just wondering whether this might be implemented in the future?

I'm a standard PS4 user so I'm not sure if these questions are console specific or if it's affecting other's on PC, aside from those two questions this game is absolutely fantastic so far and I'm looking forward to all of the updates and content ahead :D

1: When I create a lobby for our league races I set up a qualifying session and then a certain number of laps for the race, last night when I was creating a lobby for the Nurburgring Nordschleife for Group A cars it wouldn't let me select qualifying at all, it would only allow qualifying around Nordschleife Combined or the Nurburging GP circuit, I tried selecting the Motorsport presets as well as various other options but it still wouldn't allow it. I also noticed it omitted other race tracks as well such as Snetterton 100 and I was curious to know whether this decision was by choice or is it a bug?
There's no pitlane at the Nordschleife in game.

Once again. Finish qualifying and get stuck right here. Finally exit after about 10 min of waiting. I hope this stuff is being worked on.

Screenshot_20170926-114341.png

I wish we could set some open trackdays/drift type of lobbies... At the nordschleife or any other track. Also it would be nice to be able to name your lobby or give a short description so people know what to expect.

Now I'm stuck waiting for Practice to finish loading. Stuck at 75%. This is a shame. Nothing but problems with the online lobbies for me.

Update: Had to exit the game. I go back in, join another lobby and as soon as it finished loading I get the error code with a blue screen.

This is super frustrating. I'm eventually going to give up on the online lobbies.

Last edited:
I've had a couple oddities/frustrations/glitches.

You know the driver tag you see over another driver's car that shows their name, etc.? I never see those over the car, instead they have become disconnected from the car and randomly zip all around the track like ghosts. Even when I have it set to not show the driver names, they're still there randomly wandering around the track looking for their lost host car.

Phew, since nobody had mentioned it I thought it was only me. Thank you!

But is so annoying
At least when we leave the track should do to go to the lobby,not to leave the lobby because then we have to joint the room by invitation and the host need to stop the car to make the invitation.
That is more annoying

Just go into private testing and figure out what works for you.
Then meet up with your friends and race.

My biggest problem is that 90% of the online lobbies are GT3 in the sun. We have a game with iconic cars from all eras and the kind of track/weather system that many of us have been waiting for, for years, decades even and people choose to play in the most boring conditions in the easiest to drive, most boring cars! @IanBell , can we please have a way of filtering out the GT3 class online?

My biggest problem is that 90% of the online lobbies are GT3 in the sun. We have a game with iconic cars from all eras and the kind of track/weather system that many of us have been waiting for, for years, decades even and people choose to play in the most boring conditions in the easiest to drive, most boring cars! @IanBell , can we please have a way of filtering out the GT3 class online?
Just search what class you want to drive. I've had some great Touring Car races.

Something else I’ve noticed tonight from the lobby menu screen you can find out that tyre wear is set on but as far as I can see there’s no where to tell what rate.

My biggest problem is that 90% of the online lobbies are GT3 in the sun. We have a game with iconic cars from all eras and the kind of track/weather system that many of us have been waiting for, for years, decades even and people choose to play in the most boring conditions in the easiest to drive, most boring cars...

Many people, myself included didn't enjoy weather in PCars1 and other games like GT and so will likely stay away from it by reflex.

Having now progressed through a few tiers of career and dealt with the weather system I have totally changed my view. I really enjoy the changing conditions and especially how the track can be dry one side and wet somewhere else.

I guess people will start to venture out when they see what great weather racing it's capable of delivering now.

2: When in an online lobby I can only select one car class once a race has finished so for example once we've finished the race in a GT3 class and then decide we want to race in LMP2 cars, we have to create a new lobby to do so rather than selecting a new class to change too, just wondering whether this might be implemented in the future?

Hmm were you doing multi class racing ? if so you cant change the cars with out a server reset but if you set just one series @ the start its just like pc1 for picking/changing series while in lobby.

@IanBell

First at all thanks for this great game with huge potential!
Let's go and see some issues on the 1.03 version in a standard PS4 with 4.74 firmware.

-Well I've got quite some desconections to main menu and some CE blue error screens on PS4 Standard....

-Also,the rating still shows U1500 meanwhile I've lost points due the desconections.... It shows correct in the lobby, but not in the upper right part of the screen in the main IU...
So for me I'm out of the online till it's more stable and get things fixed.

-Also needs a "button" to silence al micros,so you don't have to go one to one to silence them...

-Playing with the wheel we don't have a right joystick.... So we can't move the results table from the wheel.

-Meanwhile people is on track and you enter the lobby would be great to see that a session is ongoing.

I know it's a online tread, but seen some bugs/issues offline career mode.

-career given me an invitation due "you have raced 50 races" ...
And i Only did the Ginetta junior races in "complete" and that is only about 10 races...

- Intro video lags and is to bright / over exposed, same for the videos in career mode.

- In career races, when you go to photo-mode you can't select filters(none works)

- In video settings i deactivated the first option (filter) i think its an AA filter, but it only adds some darker shadows...without the filter the game seems sharper and better...

- Seen some strange lines in the skybox in evening settings. 

-Missing and flickering textures during gameplays and replays
PS_Messages_20170924_032827.jpg

- In most of the replays of rainy races... Track Seems dry...but with water spray effects..

-When you want to save car set-up, the file name is always from an other car and track instead the one you are using.

-Hud customise don't save / work correctly and can't be done from the wheel..

-Screen calibration. Mmmm, what should it do? Because the screen don't move.

-Input lag in the IU...you have to push sometimes up to 10 times on the D-pad to move from one car skin to an other.

-In brands Hatch indy meanwhile you are in the middle of the track, the box speed limit screen shows up.

-Some times you take heavy damage, and they call you to box,but once there... No mechanics to fix and do pitstop.

-Would be great to add the possibility of having the virtual rear mirror also in cockpit views.

_Fórmula C and Lotus classic events have a strange wheel movement on grid.

-Visual damage don't fix/resets after pitstop, go to box o restart race.

-some track limits should be tweaked.

FFB wheel do sometimes crazy shakes or centering movement going to box or restarting a race (T150 on last firmware)

That what I've seen..and Don't gonna repeat AI issues known, or the "automatic" tyre selection issue known..

Sure or hopep that soon all those little bugs / issues will be ironed out...
Thanks in advance, and thanks again for the great game, it sure has a huge potential!

* The list always shows only 20 lobbies. You can refresh, but from what I have seen you mostly get the same lobbies come up. Surely, there are more than 20 online games of PC2 being played (PS4) at any one time around the world? How is it selecting these lobbies for me? *

^This! Why?!

Hmm were you doing multi class racing ? if so you cant change the cars with out a server reset but if you set just one series @ the start its just like pc1 for picking/changing series while in lobby.

I've had something similar. A buddy and I did some testing last night, first we did a one-make race but after that we wanted to do a whole class of cars but it would only let us choose one car from the class instead of the entire class. How do we get the whole class added to the vehicle roster once the lobby has been created?

Another problem we've run into a couple times is that on certain tracks we can't set any options for practice and qualifying. Normally you can set the length, time, etc. for practice and qualifying but sometimes those options are grayed out and you can only set race options. Switching to a different track would unlock the practice and qualifying options again. Anybody know why this is or how to work around it?

I'm on PC btw.

I have got quite a few problems aswell, playing on standard PS4.

During the final results of the race, it shows the country flag of the car, not from the user respectively.
Zb4wOsx.jpg

The results screen gets glitchy when I win a race, while being a host and puts a blank bar on my name and all users, time, penalties, etc.
eAfjr52.png

Last edited:
I got this one this morning. It just wouldn't respond after qualifying and eventually retired me to the pits.

This game is generating a really bad online racing profile for me. I'd love to know if SMS are going to correct that as well, seeing as it's not my fault.

OK does anyone know of any issues currently with the CRL as i have just won a 8 lap race without making contact with anyone or anything. The achievement Results Are In, You're Clean! triggered however my licence Score has went down from E1525 to E1507 (Playing on XBOX ONE) just thaught I would mention this as i cant help feeling slightly cheated as i have spent lots of time and effort trying to avoid rammers and poor drivers only to be put back into my original position of racing with them again due to this potential bug

OK does anyone know of any issues currently with the CRL as i have just won a 8 lap race without making contact with anyone or anything. The achievement Results Are In, You're Clean! triggered however my licence Score has went down from E1525 to E1507 (Playing on XBOX ONE) just thaught I would mention this as i cant help feeling slightly cheated as i have spent lots of time and effort trying to avoid rammers and poor drivers only to be put back into my original position of racing with them again due to this potential bug
The letter = safety racecraft

The number = how competitive you are

Your license went down not anything to do with being clean but because you more than likely finished off the podium and possibly beaten by racers with lower numbers.

Edit: not a bug a misunderstanding.

Edit 2: Just noticed you said you won, did you race with anyone with higher numbers than you?

Last edited:
The letter = safety racecraft

The number = how competitive you are

Your license went down not anything to do with being clean but because you more than likely finished off the podium and possibly beaten by racers with lower numbers.

Edit: not a bug a misunderstanding.

This is not the case I WON the race and beat someone with a competitive number lower than mine (something like 1490)

Back