Online lobbies: issues, problems/solutions, discussion

• Thread starter twitcher
  • 77 comments
So I'm trying to race my first online race however there's not a single server/race going right now. Is it empty for anyone else?

This is not the case I WON the race an beat someone with a competitive number lower than mine (something like 1490)
Yea I just noticed the won part, the lower number part doesn’t help and maybe why. You will have big points increase if you race others with larger numbers.

Then I’m stumped, did you get fastest laps and pole? Pretty sure there used in the algorithm somehow.

Yep got both of those just or some odd reason the number has went down and not up unlike every other race i have competed and not necessarily won i have had one instance of finishing 2nd and the number going up also

Yep got both of those just or some odd reason the number has went down and not up unlike every other race i have competed and not necessarily won i have had one instance of finishing 2nd and the number going up also
I'm out of ideas then, leaving me with did the AI have control of your car at any point?

This hasn’t happened to me, yet. Where I couldn’t account for a point loss. Having said that the races where I lost most points 50+ was when the AI had control of my car for a rolling start, manic is the word, and 50 for a lobby failure resulting in me exiting the session.

I've had something similar. A buddy and I did some testing last night, first we did a one-make race but after that we wanted to do a whole class of cars but it would only let us choose one car from the class instead of the entire class. How do we get the whole class added to the vehicle roster once the lobby has been created?

Another problem we've run into a couple times is that on certain tracks we can't set any options for practice and qualifying. Normally you can set the length, time, etc. for practice and qualifying but sometimes those options are grayed out and you can only set race options. Switching to a different track would unlock the practice and qualifying options again. Anybody know why this is or how to work around it?

I'm on PC btw.

Currently you would have to make a new lobby to change the race type from identical, same class, or multi class. Hopefully that gets patched.

As far as no practice or qualifying, certain tracks have no pit lane, and thus no session other than race is available. There are still tracks like the Stowe circuit that do have pit lanes and still no practice or qualifying available.

In the QA thread I thought I saw a response that that would be fixed or have some sort of solution. Looks like that isn't the case, but again, maybe in a patch. Was one of my gripes with the first game.

Currently you would have to make a new lobby to change the race type from identical, same class, or multi class. Hopefully that gets patched.

As far as no practice or qualifying, certain tracks have no pit lane, and thus no session other than race is available. There are still tracks like the Stowe circuit that do have pit lanes and still no practice or qualifying available.

In the QA thread I thought I saw a response that that would be fixed or have some sort of solution. Looks like that isn't the case, but again, maybe in a patch. Was one of my gripes with the first game.

Thanks for the info. 👍

@IanBell
Had a Green Light Sim Racing League race Saturday March 2, 2019. Had this issue for the first time. Host had all red bars in the lobby screen. After track loaded all players were muted. This happened twice after host started different lobbies.
What would cause this???
Anyone else have this happen????

@IanBell
Had a Green Light Sim Racing League race Saturday March 2, 2019. Had this issue for the first time. Host had all red bars in the lobby screen. After track loaded all players were muted. This happened twice after host started different lobbies.
What would cause this???
Anyone else have this happen????
Did you have people in the broadcast slots? If so that causes it.

Anyone having issues with ABS and TCS just turning off between qualifying sessions and the race? had it happen numerous times tonight with no real consistency for a reason /cause.

Anyone having issues with ABS and TCS just turning off between qualifying sessions and the race? had it happen numerous times tonight with no real consistency for a reason /cause.
I have had that happen a few times. Just one of those little annoying bugs. As long as you have buttons assigned for each setting, it's not too much of a problem.

Yeah, I have this often, I think it's related to driving different cars one after the other, cars that have different authentic assists, at some point the system goes nuts. I very often drive in different car classes, so it happens a lot to me, I need to restart the game to get rid of this problem.

Back