Online mode or career mode???

• Thread starter Taz69
  • 38 comments
United States
NC
Tazzz16
I see a lot of guys talking about doing a career. But I mostly race online. And if online is anything close to GT6 a lot of us will be online as soon as we can. So it has me thinking. maybe I should pick a car in each class that will probably hosted online. Drive the first couple at each track while trying every tune possible to see what does what for online.. A career isnt that important but learning each track and learning how to tune the fastest and whats gonna give me the fastest car for 10 or 20 laps im thinking I should just use my time tuning and learning the tracks. Cause I havent seen anything posted on exactly what things we have to tune and what does what. And I know GT6 tuning was anything but what the directions said and nothing close to real life with anything but the transmission and downforce lol!!!

I see a lot of guys talking about doing a career. But I mostly race online. And if online is anything close to GT6 a lot of us will be online as soon as we can. So it has me thinking. maybe I should pick a car in each class that will probably hosted online. Drive the first couple at each track while trying every tune possible to see what does what for online.. A career isnt that important but learning each track and learning how to tune the fastest and whats gonna give me the fastest car for 10 or 20 laps im thinking I should just use my time tuning and learning the tracks. Cause I havent seen anything posted on exactly what things we have to tune and what does what. And I know GT6 tuning was anything but what the directions said and nothing close to real life with anything but the transmission and downforce lol!!!
Welcome aboard:cheers:. You can ask anything you like in the General Thread and it'll likely get answered very quickly as it watched on a regular basis by WMD members who can answer questions about the game. Basically you don't need to make a separate thread for every question. :sly:

I'll be doing both. I want to achieve the three historic goals with a good AI level. Also want to have fun in @STALLIONO's league and have fun against all you guys on here in any time trials/leaderboards.

A career isnt that important but learning each track and learning how to tune the fastest and whats gonna give me the fastest car for 10 or 20 laps im thinking I should just use my time tuning and learning the tracks.
You could use the race weekend (quick race) feature for that instead of the career mode.

I'm actually still doubting what I'm going to do mostly. I'll probably start a career, but for the quick racing fix, the race weekend feature is absolutely awesome.

I will be doing a bit of both.

I would like some advice on the career mode though, from anyone in the know:

Should I start the game and do a few single events and tweek the AI before starting the career, or will the game judge where it should be at?

I will be doing a bit of both.

I would like some advice on the career mode though, from anyone in the know:

Should I start the game and do a few single events and tweek the AI before starting the career, or will the game judge where it should be at?

The AI at the beginning is a little slower compared to Quick Race. I'll start around 85% (That's the AI strength I mostly raced in the last year) and tweak it after every race 1% up for every win and 1% down for every outside top 10 finish. Should lead to some exciting races

The AI at the beginning is a little slower compared to Quick Race. I'll start around 85% (That's the AI strength I mostly raced in the last year) and tweak it after every race 1% up for every win and 1% down for every outside top 10 finish. Should lead to some exciting races
Thank you, I will take your advice and notch it at about 80% to start with I think. and then up and down as suggested.

I really want to get it right, I dont have to win every race, just enjoy the racing. As you say if I am in the top ten the AI stays the same as I will be in a pack of racers throughout the game. Unlike some other race games where I never saw another car after the first lap!

If you start below tier 3, I'd start with AI at 90% for a decent challenge, as I suspect most people on these boards do have experience with sim racers. In QRW I would start around 80%, because there is no scaling. Try these and adjust as needed. If you are below average racer, start with 80/70 respectively. If you are really fast start at 100.

Thank you, I will take your advice and notch it at about 80% to start with I think. and then up and down as suggested.

I really want to get it right, I dont have to win every race, just enjoy the racing. As you say if I am in the top ten the AI stays the same as I will be in a pack of racers throughout the game. Unlike some other race games where I never saw another car after the first lap!

Come on! Surely you'd have lapped last place by lap 3?

Come on! Surely you'd have lapped last place by lap 3?
Yes I would, and I would be the God of "Sim" racing. Able to drive online as though there was no one else on the track, tune my car to 1087 bhp and beat every opponent, and all with a controller with L2 not working. And if I came up against people who want to practice AND qualify I will quit out of the lobby to find some easy meat...

Please make the next 16 days go quick, I am going off my trolley!

I will probably mostly race online in user created public lobbies - clean, real life assists, and ideally ones with practice, quali and a decent length race. I guess what I'm really looking for is to find a quick race weekend format online.

The videos I've seen of career races are interesting, I will definitely check out that mode too. Thanks to @psychoazubi and @FuriousDemon for the AI difficulty setting tips!

Last edited:
Probably start offline, but the longevity in the game lies online for me.

Hopefully find a league and I've got quite a few people on here added as well for some quality racing.
If you are on ps4, check out the gt3 tier racing championship series. We have slots available. Also have a Sim celeb racing with us to. Come and check it out.

If you are on ps4, check out the gt3 tier racing championship series. We have slots available. Also have a Sim celeb racing with us to. Come and check it out.
Unfortunately the times are no good for me, would've put my name down otherwise.

I'll be doing mainly career stuff. Will do a few practice races to get used to the physics and to set a suitably AI level (Will start at 95% and work up/down) and then get into the career. Once I reach LMP1 I MAY start doing online races.

Coming from GT6, the career mode looks so good. No more playing on set days/times because I need real people to make it not boring to death.
You'll get that with pretty much every online multiplayer though but I see your point.

I'll be starting with career mode before i venture into the online wilderness :) But i am wicked keen for this game,holy the 7th is so far away :(

will have a good stab at the career mode before i touch the online i think. probably wait until i've at least used all cars and driven all tracks in SP, be it career or quick race. i'm expecting the career in pCars to deliver big time, with AI fighting hard.

will have a good stab at the career mode before i touch the online i think. probably wait until i've at least used all cars and driven all tracks in SP, be it career or quick race. i'm expecting the career in pCars to deliver big time, with AI fighting hard.
Yeah, I may test out each car on different tracks and a go at the career before touching the multiplayer.

You'll get that with pretty much every online multiplayer though but I see your point.

What I meant was that to be able to enjoy my races, I won't have to resort to a private online racing series (I don't use public lobbies either).
I think it will be a while until I go back to online races, hence why I still haven't put my name for any of the clubs that are quickly appearing.

What I meant was that to be able to enjoy my races, I won't have to resort to a private online racing series (I don't use public lobbies either).
I think it will be a while until I go back to online races, hence why I still haven't put my name for any of the clubs that are quickly appearing.
Yeah, I never really race in organised clubs anyway because they mostly have American hosts and the times don't quite suit me. That and I prefer to race the AI, as long as the AI as good. If SMS can get close to CM's AI then I will be very happy.

Mostly online for me. I've already organised a weekly ps4 championship Here.

Forum registration required. Good clean friendly Racing hosted in the UK with regular people. Mixed events and a seasonal class race.

Back