Online mode or career mode???

• Thread starter Taz69
  • 38 comments
The more I think about it, it's online for me.

Having everything unlocked from the start is good in one sense but for me it gives me no reason to play offline.

Being forced to run a certain car on a certain track to progress through the career isn't something I'm too interested in, I'm not a trophy hunter either so.

I had plenty of fun clean races on GT5/6 and met loads of cool people so I'm expecting more of the same on PCars especially with the crowd this game is aimed for. :)

Last edited:
Online all the way. I enjoy online even in literally pointless events in AC and R3E. With Pcars online features with ranking system, it will be even more worth it to race clean and till the end. It is much more rewarding when finishing a race in top 5 with consistent race in MP than against AI.

The more I think about it, it's online for me.

Having everything unlocked from the start is good in one sense but for me it gives me no reason to play offline.

Being forced to run a certain car on a certain track to progress through the career isn't something I'm too interested in, I'm not a trophy hunter either so.

I had plenty of fun clean races on GT5/6 and met loads of cool people so I'm expecting more of the same on PCars especially with the crowd this game is aimed for. :)

Similar here. It was the friends I race with at GBRC that made GT5 & 6 for me and I'll be hoping for a similar experience from PCARS.

The thing that drained my patience from the very start with GranTurismo, was the fact that even though I'd gained my licenses in all previous iterations, Id have to do it again, that coupled with the 'gotta catch 'em all Pokamon' car/money grinding, essentially forcing me to play offline, which always sucked.

So, online I'll be at the turn of midnight,...roll on the 6th :)

I will be splitting my time between both Career mode and online mode. In the first few days after release, I will probably focus on Career mode until I get a proper handle on the cars/physics. Having experienced an early version, I can tell you that this will not be a "just get in and drive" racing game. It will take effort and practice.

Very soon after that though members of my league will be back in action in online mode.

I will be splitting my time between both Career mode and online mode. In the first few days after release, I will probably focus on Career mode until I get a proper handle on the cars/physics. Having experienced an early version, I can tell you that this will not be a "just get in and drive" racing game. It will take effort and practice.

Very soon after that though members of my league will be back in action in online mode.
That's why almost all of my free time now is spent driving cars on GTR2 with my DS4 with the NAP mod and no aids. Closest thing I'll have to PCars until I get PCars

I want to run a carreers with the BMW GT3. I have question about online play what is an acceptable ping? Will my ping effect my likely hood to crash into other players?

• AI can produce consistent good racing as you get quite an even spread in lap times from first to last where as online can be lonley at times in my limited experience but I'll strive to find a group of people with a similar skill set as me because racing against real people is so much more intense when you do have good battle's.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back