Online mode unfair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend list and private servers, is the only way really. Unless you have moderating staff, which to be honest is not going to happen given the number of races knocking about.

I finished GT5 P on time for the online mode. I golded everything in pro mode and thought well that im not that bad. Well...............when i entered the online mode and started my first race i had to realize that i stand no chance against most other players. But why????????????? Not because i was not fast , i had the fastest lap most of the times. I lost my races because i was not recless. Damage was always something that i did not really care for because i try to keep on the track anyway so who needs damage. Now i pray for damage. Many many people i played against just hit you or use you as a break. I pass them than the next corner they just kick me out. That is sad percetic and im sure frustrating for everybody.
What do you guys think?

I'm not recless, or at least I don't intentionally try to be when playing online. The thing is, once the first couple of turns are run through, the group of noob drivers that play bumper cars WILL fall off and you'll either be in the front by yourself, of racing with another competitive driver. Hope that who ever is leading the pack with you is a respectable driver. If you are as good as you say you are, you'll either smoke him and be so far ahead that you won't give any chance for someone to hit you or you'll be neck and neck with another good driver. I use good literally, good as competitive and also respectable driver. I think they are linked together. You can't be a fast driver if you aren't a good driver in Gran Turismo. Penalties are there to keep you honest. If another player is that close to you later in the course, good chances that other driver is an honest good driver and knowledgable driver that would not ram you. If that driver is that far up in the front and hanging with you, from my experiences online, these are the good drivers. If you fall behind because of a bump, don't sweat it, you'll catch up and pass those that bumpped you intentionally because their driver habits will not help them stay up front. It only lets them get away with chaos in the beginning of the game and then they drive around in circles in ghost mode not harming anyone.

I think its true what he sais. I finished the game as well tho did i fail to gold every race. But i think with patients and no life its possible!

thx for the coments. and to everybody who sais im a liar. You are all welcome to think what you want. if you think i did not glod anything well than you should be happy that you think that. But if you think that because you guys call me a liar because you yourself could not gold the missions thatn thats kinda odd. Anyways. I hope to see you guys in races in GT5 my PS network id is ColinBraun. Btw thx for the emails on my webside ;)

For gods sake, you are NOT Colin Braun, you arn't intelligent enough to be for one, secondly you've been on here while he's been racing. Thirldy you thought Le Mans was the name of a track, though that ties into the intelligence one.

No one said you didn't gold anything, we're just questioning that you golded everything in Pro mode. Feel free to provide proof and I'll gladly apologise as I'm sure others would. It's not hard to prove your telling the truth, unless ofcourse you arn't.

Asides from the quality of other peoples driving styles, has anyone else had the inkling that there is catchup mode in these online races?

On some occasions I've been on the receiving end of some over enthusiasm, dropping to the tail of the field, but being able to be running at the front of the field within a lap. This, to me, does not seem right and the lap times on these laps do seem quicker that those possible when running alone.

Anyone else notice this?

Don't worry I am not jealous that you have golded everything, as I have not got the Japanese Prologue. I do infact find it rather funny that you maintain that you tell the truth despite your... well... err... zero credibility.

I am glad you realise I am welcome to think what I want, if I am honest I think that you are desperate to get attention, so desperate that you like making silly claims on websites.

If you bothered to re-read the thread I posted above, if you did read it then you should have realised that, such posts aren't goint to get you very far. Why not quit with the lying. Advice; if you are going to make bold claims, be prepared to back them up and with evidence that fits, not websites of other people;) thats a foolish mistake to make.

Perhaps more advice would be to refrain from making threads which are a bit pointless, there is already a thread about the online mode, and I needn't say more about your other threads, whats wrong ???????????????????????????, oh hold on, wasn't that one of your thread titles...

One more thing, are you honestly serious about this pretending to be Colin, or are you just doing it do give us a laugh. Just incase you are trying to be serious about it, No one belives you, we already have proof you are not him, well you infact unknowingly provided us with this proof :lol:. Quit lying you might acctually get somewhere, you might even get some golds in prologue one day.

I am new to this side and i think this is all very funny and somewhat sad. It is so much easier to see that he is not colin braun than you guys think. His name WATERPOLOINC is a very common synonym under water polo players. alot of players use that name in forums etc. Me myself i am a water polo player from miami beach so i am kinda emberrased because waterpoloinc is my PSN id and due to that idiot i want to change the id but aparently i cant. Than next Colin Braun never drove the Nordschleife tho waterpoloinc claims he(colin braun) would know everything about the gruene hoelle. I lived in germany until i was 17 and drove over the nordschleife often and must say the game version comes very close to the real deal. I watched the 24 hours and VLN there and waterpoloinc is right that the atmosphere is missing in gt.
ERGO waterpoloinc is a liar tho right with some of his theses. What makes me angry is that he used the name and gave it a bad sound.

Stop it now, waterpoloinc/FIA GT-GTC. (You share an IP.) EDIT: I love the way you have a conversation with yourself

Crunch time. Admit you're not Colin Braun and move on. If you decline to do this, then your membership here will be removed. Making false claims is against the AUP.

Friend list and private servers, is the only way really. Unless you have moderating staff, which to be honest is not going to happen given the number of races knocking about.

I don't think private servers will ever happened, but you don't need private servers anyway. Games like Guildwar and TDU uses what they call "instances", and that is all you will need to create your own environment to race without being among R-tards.

Without the ability to set up your own race and create your own rules. The online part will be a total right off.

Stop it now, waterpoloinc/FIA GT-GTC. (You share an IP.) EDIT: I love the way you have a conversation with yourself

Crunch time. Admit you're not Colin Braun and move on. If you decline to do this, then your membership here will be removed. Making false claims is against the AUP.

This entire thread = pure gold.

This is a classic. :lol:
Please daan, can we keep him? I think having Collin Braun.... I mean waterpoloinc would be fun enough to be with. He can talk on his wonderful success in Le Mans and how he can do great lap times on GT, which he says "is just a joke" compared to what he had to deal with. 👍

he will probably just dissappear for a while. I might add both waterpoloinc and collin braun to my PSN.

A couple of months back myself and a number of GT guys started playing TOCA3 on line. The thought was that it would prepare us for GT5 on line. While TOCA3 on the PS2 doesn't come anywhere near GT as a game it has proven its' worth in a number of interesting ways. First, the format of being able to set up, password and invite buddies to a game is priceless. Second, damage serves a very useful purpose in the game while racing your friends. You see over revving your engine in a tight battle will result in a true penalty. This makes the entire on line experience complete as now all elements of the racing experience are considered. Damage to me isn't about dented bumpers but rather about the price paid for mistakes in terms of performance. The penalty system in place in Prologue to me is a joke.

I have been looking forward to GT5 for a long time but the way this is starting makes me uneasy.

maybe we should establish a list here on GTP of clean racers and non-clan racers?
That'd be good, though it wouldn't be much use until private games can be made. No harm in preparing early though.

Classic thread, absolutely classic.

Asides from the quality of other peoples driving styles, has anyone else had the inkling that there is catchup mode in these online races?

On some occasions I've been on the receiving end of some over enthusiasm, dropping to the tail of the field, but being able to be running at the front of the field within a lap. This, to me, does not seem right and the lap times on these laps do seem quicker that those possible when running alone.

Anyone else notice this?

Yeah I noticed the same at times, once I noticed I was getting faster lap times when I was behind catching (no draft as I was well behind the lead car thats on its own) then I did when I am out front...

I have also noticed I've been getting faster lap times at the back of the grid but usually only if I've been hit by somebody. It's either they have some sort of "catch up" assist , or I was just really pissed off that i drove even faster :dopey:

That guy waterpoloinc/FIA GT-GTC really thought (or still thinks) that he was (is) clever creating another account & making up new lies :D
We shall see what else he comes up with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back