Online mode unfair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterpoloinc

(Banned)
CollinBraun
CollinBraun
I finished GT5 P on time for the online mode. I golded everything in pro mode and thought well that im not that bad. Well...............when i entered the online mode and started my first race i had to realize that i stand no chance against most other players. But why????????????? Not because i was not fast , i had the fastest lap most of the times. I lost my races because i was not recless. Damage was always something that i did not really care for because i try to keep on the track anyway so who needs damage. Now i pray for damage. Many many people i played against just hit you or use you as a break. I pass them than the next corner they just kick me out. That is sad percetic and im sure frustrating for everybody.
What do you guys think?

I totally agree with you. But I don't think damage would help. It would just make it worst. Yes the person who hit you would get damaged, but you'd get damage too. What we need is a new penalty system where when a car hits you hard enough, he gets disqualified, unless another car hit him first. F1 CE has the best penalty system in my opinion.

I finished GT5 P on time for the online mode. I golded everything in pro mode and thought well that im not that bad.

First of all you are the first to claim to have gotten all golds using proffessional mode..... did you use assists? Because you can bet many here would love to know how exactly you would have done that.

First of all you are the first to claim to have gotten all golds using proffessional mode..... did you use assists? Because you can bet many here would love to know how exactly you would have done that.

I used my logitech steering wheel. Well and i kinda put my life on hold for the last week. :)
I tried again and again. The manufac. races were kinda boring but oh well.
If you keep trying you will manage it eventually.

P.S i used the traction controll on 1 no steering or break assi.

speacially that dodge viper time trial. on pro? man, that's top notch stuff. i would love to see a video of that one. i think it's the hardest to even think about golding on pro

speacially that dodge viper time trial. on pro? man, that's top notch stuff. i would love to see a video of that one. i think it's the hardest to even think about golding on pro

Well that one took me about all of last thursday. It is hard but also because i hated the Viper.

I finished GT5 P on time for the online mode. I golded everything in pro mode and thought well that im not that bad. Well...............when i entered the online mode and started my first race i had to realize that i stand no chance against most other players. But why????????????? Not because i was not fast , i had the fastest lap most of the times. I lost my races because i was not recless. Damage was always something that i did not really care for because i try to keep on the track anyway so who needs damage. Now i pray for damage. Many many people i played against just hit you or use you as a break. I pass them than the next corner they just kick me out. That is sad percetic and im sure frustrating for everybody.
What do you guys think?
The thing is that people play the game like it's an arcade racer. I've seen gamers simply punt the AI off in order to move up a place at countless corners. See, people like to win, especially in online games. Take Counter-Strike for instance: players will raise nine kinds of hell if someone uses the sniper rifle, purely because it makes the game harder for them. It makes them look bad if they die early on, when in reality, mot counter-terrorist units use snipers.

The same things applies here, but unlike in CS, your complaint is legitimate. The people you're talking about don't want to look bad and so do whatever it taks to win. Unfortunately, it's a fact of life that this will happen.

I also have a logitech G25 wheel but the grip levels required to gold some of those trials and races is just not possible on pro mode. (Grip is higher on standard mode)

If you really sat there that long and pulled it off for real then props to you, but I'm sorry without proof at the moment I can't believe it.

I also have a logitech G25 wheel but the grip levels required to gold some of those trials and races is just not possible on pro mode. (Grip is higher on standard mode)

If you really sat there that long and pulled it off for real then props to you, but I'm sorry without proof at the moment I can't believe it.

its ok if you dont belive me.
try to reduce your force feedback. it made me faster

i don' know if i have the same version as you guys but I don't see any online game on the menu.
Also, when I go in option to change things like force feedback, the steering wheel option only let me change the button.
Can someone explain? please
by the way, if you finished 1st all the races in pro mode your my hero. I'm still stock in 2nd place for some of them. too much frustration

i don' know if i have the same version as you guys but I don't see any online game on the menu.
Also, when I go in option to change things like force feedback, the steering wheel option only let me change the button.
Can someone explain? please

Since yesterday (dec 25th) it should prompt you when you start GT5P to download the update, you have been connected to the internet since yesterday right?

its ok if you dont belive me.
try to reduce your force feedback. it made me faster

don't take any personal offense, but i also can't imagine how that's possible without seeing it. but now i'm dead curious. if you have time, just do the same combo in time trial. your replay will be avaliable for us in the rankings menu.

i'm just really curious to see where i'm losing soo much time with that car

since yesturday, when i open gt5 there is a question on the screen. i don't know what it meens but when i choose the answer on the right it just bug there. probably my connection i guess

some of them are just too hard for 1st place but maybe after 1000 try
how is the knew g25? how is th e knew clutch?

What do you guys think?

Yes, either they give us some real penalties along with some style of ladder mode (where reckless people GO DOWN the ladder)
or they give us damage, so if they like to wreck their car evry race they go broke in no time.

I've been ran of the track in even the long straight of Fuji speedway... MIDWAY trough it!
how can you not just pass? no, instead the guy crashed straight on to me and drove me off the track.

The best solution to this is going to be a ladder system IMO, where people that suck or just play to be idiots to evryone never advance, damage or a good penal system will also help a lot.
Accidents are unavoidable evry now and then, but this is redic, 80% of the people play as if you weren't on the track and never give you any room.

Yes, either they give us some real penalties along with some style of ladder mode (where reckless people GO DOWN the ladder)
or they give us damage, so if they like to wreck their car evry race they go broke in no time.

I've been ran of the track in even the long straight of Fuji speedway... MIDWAY trough it!
how can you not just pass? no, instead the guy crashed straight on to me and drove me off the track.

The best solution to this is going to be a ladder system IMO, where people that suck or just play to be idiots to evryone never advance, damage or a good penal system will also help a lot.
Accidents are unavoidable evry now and then, but this is redic, 80% of the people play as if you weren't on the track and never give you any room.

is it possible to create a game where only us would have access? because i don't even want to play online after what you guys said

you know some people just don't care about what racing means.
if their gona put penalties and make chances i think it's gona be when the official gt5 release

Yes it is, but as of right now you cannot create private rooms or race with your friends.

don't take any personal offense, but i also can't imagine how that's possible without seeing it. but now i'm dead curious. if you have time, just do the same combo in time trial. your replay will be avaliable for us in the rankings menu.

i'm just really curious to see where i'm losing soo much time with that car

I can understand your skeptisisms and quite rightly so, its certainly not the first time this guy has made rather bold claims, check the last few pages of the thread below, he claims he is a Le Mans driver, Colin Brawn despite the fact he was posting lots of useless comments on the day, the real Colin Brawn was racing in the Le Mans 24 hours and winning, becoming the youngest driver to win a Le Mans catagory.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95675

Quite the Liar this guy, I wouldn't belive anything until we see hard proof.

you know some people just don't care about what racing means.
if their gona put penalties and make chances i think it's gona be when the official gt5 release

Well, there's reason to belive otherwise, PD has stated that they plan to update GT5:P as they progress, while i doubt this will mean new content, it could mean engine, interface, online features updates, etc.

We gotta realize that GT5:P is a beta test of some kind, so it's not too far fetched to think the onilne features in GT5:P will become better and better over time.

I remember that thread, I was wrong about him, I thought he at least had the intelligence to make a new user account after thoes claims. Waterplonic is one of the worst and most blatant liars I've come across on this site, and his claim in this thread despite the fact I don't think anyone else has come close to golding everything in pro mode will simply go down as a lie he will not back up.

He can back it up, but he won't, he'll either come up with some poor excuse or he'll simply avoid replying to this thread.

As for the subject of damage, I don't think that's really going to help all that much. It would just mean for them and their victim the race would be over. With no damage now, at least you have a chance of making something of a race if you get knocked out early. I think the only real answer is friends lists and private servers.

Like in Forza 2, they don't leave damage on because of the tards, they turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back