Online pitstops are completely broken

• Thread starter MrSulu
  • 79 comments
Having the same issue in our Aussie league.
One thing that seems to work (still needs more testing though) is having the the tyres set to OPEN in the settings, but then replays need to be checked to make sure everyone follows the regs (if you have restricted tyre selections).

Certainly hope this gets patched soon, along with the reduced RPM limit and increased tyre wear after a pit stop.

The only solution for now its to race with only one type of tire, and don't buy any different tires for the car you are going to race, you have to stay with the tires that came with the car.

The only solution for now its to race with only one type of tire, and don't buy any different tires for the car you are going to race, you have to stay with the tires that came with the car.

Have you tested or just made this up off the top of your head?

Because that is most certainly not a solution and has absolutely no guarantee to work, and defeats the entire object of endurance and strategy, which is the whole point of the thread.

We race with pit stops every single night knowing full well they may mess up, but are determined in trying to find a pattern to this bug.

So far little success, but we have noticed Monza falls foul of this more often than not.

I had created online room for my test/practice driving and everytime when I tried to enter pitstop (freerun or race), I get popup window but no tire choice (only "Pulldown"). When I click "OK" room crashed.
This was car/track combination. If I did same pitstop with same car on different track pitstop work fine.

Here's how I managed to pitstop work with this specific car/track combination:
-create your own room
-change track to one where you know that pitstop work with your car
-change track back to orginal track
-go track and now pitstop work!

Is the setting to "Change Tire Type" on or off? And does your group race with changing weather? Finally do you race with forced pit stop?
I am going to try a test next time my friends gather. I would try a race with no pit related options set. Configure ALL tires available. If you alread tried forgive me.

Same as my case, because of the second bug : the game don't show the menu for pitting on "have only one kind of tire cars". I don't know if this is systematic, but I solved that by buying some tires, and it never happened again (S races)

1) He is racing online and not in careermode or singleplayer.
2) The car in the 1-make race is not yours. Its provided by the game. You cant buy parts for it. (Correct me please if I´m wrong, i´m not 100% on this)
3) Why shouldn´t the game show the menu in 1-make races? Why would they make extra programm code to figure out if you bought or have only one tire option on the car? The menu is supposed to pop up everytime you enter the pits when pits is enabled. There are races and settings, where you enter the pit and just drive through. But that will should not happen in races that actually request to pit.

Whatever the problem. I hope they fix it soon.

I have given up on any league online, this problem is too big.. I hope they fix soon, but we are few to have this problem ...
If you need people to try any temporary solution, I am here.

Have you tested or just made this up off the top of your head?

Because that is most certainly not a solution and has absolutely no guarantee to work, and defeats the entire object of endurance and strategy, which is the whole point of the thread.

We race with pit stops every single night knowing full well they may mess up, but are determined in trying to find a pattern to this bug.

So far little success, but we have noticed Monza falls foul of this more often than not.

Why should i do that?
I've also put a picture of what happened to me before.
We were going to start a trophy with mandatory use of two types of tires (RH and RM), but with this bug we have fix the room with RH, if we put the room with the best tire available, in this case RM, the bug appears, no more choice, but no more problems. Since then the other races with just only RH tires no one have this bug anymore.
I understand what you want, i also want the same, but if they don't release a patch to solve this, its a lottery using two or more types of tires in one race, for some people the bug appear, and for others don't.

This thread makes me sad. :(

I really enjoy the different pit strategies and was hoping the new tyre model would make "harder compound and longer stints" a viable option (as it looked like it in the S-class races). Now it seems it's just... broken.

This thread makes me sad. :(

I really enjoy the different pit strategies and was hoping the new tyre model would make "harder compound and longer stints" a viable option (as it looked like it in the S-class races). Now it seems it's just... broken.

our league has had to change all the planned events we had and change to no pit stop races because of all this!!
even if they fix this tyre selection bug we still get what feels like a lag spike when other cars enter the pits,if 3 or 4 cars enter the pits together it's almost impossible to keep the car on track as it is so bad,
i think its worse for some,but for me it makes my car drive off the track completely if I'm on a bend.

If this isn't broken then i don't know what is, the word from most of the serious racers i speak with is GT is gonna lose most of the hardcore racers that they have to p.c. sims because we have no real racing options anymore, the community here as a whole doesn't seem too worried about all these bugs in the game,and that worries me a little more.

we have not been able to use the pit stops at all since this game came out!

i really hope P.D. can fix this soon as i have played GT since GT1 and i love it but this just isn't good enough IMHO

YES, YES, YES.. Fix this POS instead of ease dropping in our races so you can ban us from playing our on damn game...BROKEN POS!!!!!... BTW, TAKE THIS GAME/GARBAGE AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR SPYING DAMN Japanese A$$

A lot of people are worried pissed off. This is a console game, there is only one hardware and software architecture that they need to write and optimize for. The fact that this bug made it into the final product, when you essentially cannot avoid it if you do an online race clearly shows that PD did not beta test this at all. Really just pathetic PD...

I just hosted a championship with a limited tyre selection, and at least half the people couldn't change tyre type so all tyre tactics went to hell...
Furthermore, the tyres that apear on replays sometimes don't match what people used during the race...

Last edited:
I just hosted a championship with a limited tyre selection, and at least half the people couldn't change tyre type so all tyre tactics went to hell...
Furthermore, the tyres that apear on replays sometimes don't match what people took during the race...
Please elaborate on the discrepancy between what tires people took and as seen in the replay!
:boggled:
that's something I haven't heard about before.

YES, YES, YES.. Fix this POS instead of ease dropping in our races so you can ban us from....
:odd: :boggled: :odd:

Please elaborate on the discrepancy between what tires people took and as seen in the replay!

As i was checking replays, the tyres that appeared for some drivers were for example "racing medium" when they were actually using Racing Hards. Or when they would pit, and manage to change tyres to intermediate tyres for example, in the replay it would appear as though they were still on RM tyres

Oh, and furthermore, in replays from other drivers in the same races, the tyres displayed were different from my own replay

:odd: :boggled: :odd:

That`s a very old story (just like the low frame rate).

I suspect that Polyphony simply picked a early development version of GT5 and changed a few bits, in order to create GT6... but forgot to erase the bugs they had discovered and patched... ridiculous, lazy and a lack of organisation (the kind of clutter capable to leave the Mercedes and BMW glitch to slip between their fingers).

And that`s why this game have a rushed feeling... it is... I wonder what the Polyphony guys did in the three years between the two games... staring to the stars and Moon?... maybe... by the evidence...

No I hadn't known that about the tire display in different replays. It never came up before for me.

But I did notice that sometimes if somebody has "invisible cars" in a race... and they interact ... in my replay I can see them shove through each other... and in MY replay it looks like they both had damage. But they are not driving like they have damage, so I assume to them, their replays would a) not have the car that was invisible to them in the first place, and b) would not have damage on their car.

I'm sure this issue is related to each other somehow, and to the pit problems with changing tire types.

Some people are suggesting that this happens more often to those who use controllers, but i don't think it's the case. It happened in one of our events to guys who use steering wheels - both Driving Force GT and G27.

Some are suggesting it could be because of the X button or the throttle pedal being pressed when you enter the pits, but I don't think it's the case either. It happened to people who entered pits properly (not crossing any lines or through grass, or whatever), slowly, and without touching the throttle or the brakes...

Last edited:
Just adding my experience. I only race online. Use a dfgt, have yet to experience any pit problems. In the leagues I'm in, they have all gone to plan. We all get the correct options, and come out of the pits with less grip and lower mpg. We all make sure to not be on the throttle going in, as to avoid selecting the "ok" on the menu prior to it ever popping up. I feel for all the ruined races and hope we are not far away from noone encountering pit bugs. I assume the second stint and beyond problem, will never be fixed.

Being one of the few experiencing this very same bug... and please dont give us your "BS" about keeping our foot or thumb of the pedal or X button... We know how to race.

The only solution that work for me, is to NOT select the option "Qualification" in your lobby/room. Only using "Practice & Racing"... Like it use to be in the old GT5.

Have yet to try to borrow a frend's disk of the game to check if the bug could come from a possible defect of mine.

Last edited:
Being one of the few experiencing this very same bug... and please dont give us your "BS" about keeping our foot or thumb of the pedal or X button... We know how to race.

The only solution that work for me, is to NOT select the option "Qualification" in your lobby/room. Only using "Practice & Racing"... Like it use to be in the old GT5.

Have yet to try to borrow a frend's disk of the game to check if the bug could come from a possible defect of mine.

Damn man, you're right!
When I tried it with the friends with whom I never have bugs, we were in the Practice & Racing mode! Now with Qualification on i have the bug.

Someone else may try the same thing ,and tell us if it has the same problem and if solve it in this way.

Online pit stops are completely broken, GT6 is completely broken, everything is completely broken.

For now, the only solution is this.
One Make or all the same class.

Only Equip the car with ONE type of Tyre ( the Stock tyre it comes with )
DO NOT BUY OTHER TYRES
Set the required tyre change to OFF

You still use up fuel and have to pit, but tyre option bug is eliminated.

There is still the BUG of the New Tyre's not performing the same as the first set.
Using RH for example on a 2 minute lap, after the Pit, you will be 2 to 3 seconds slower.

So it doesn't eliminate the BUG, but makes it a more even playing filed, as every one will experience the same BUG.

Again another night ruined by the pit bug which seems like it will never get addressed at least 3/4 of a full lobby all night didn't get a single option in the pits for tyres and fuel it's an absolute joke that this problem hasn't been addressed or fixed yet

I had the experience of leading a game in offline mode, and then going in for my pitstop and when I came out, I was a lap behind.

I saved the replay.

Back