Online pitstops are completely broken

• Thread starter MrSulu
  • 79 comments
How could we make this post and this problem more visible here on GTP? And (more) visible to Polyphony Digital? Are they really not aware of this? IMO, it's totally game-breaking...

How could we make this post and this problem more visible here on GTP? And (more) visible to Polyphony Digital? Are they really not aware of this? IMO, it's totally game-breaking...

The OP has 12.22.13 on date stamp.
Do you believe PD cares about anything here?

Kansas is going to bye bye!
:lol:

I can't believe PD is not aware of that bug. Rather I would assume it has not a high prio on theit todo list. And that's because only a minority of players realizes it. Tbh how many ppl drive distances that make a pitstop necessary? I think its really a small minority. As you can go up to 45 minutes on one/the initial set of tires, most of the GT6 users drive around with thenice new physics without realizing the massive change after a pit stop.... Screwed up situation that really is :boggled:

Unfortunately, I think you're both right. Nonetheless, aren't we to expect a high quality product from PD? Since it's aiming to be so realistic, so forward-thinking, so perfectionist, shouldn't it be so?
I've watched the documentary on Kaz and the GT series, then returned to GT6 and couldn't hold a laugh on how this "finished product" is so short of their vision... How can they claim to be perfectionist if they let these stupid bugs ruin the whole game, plus the horrible sounds, plus the never-evolving game concept, plus the horrible AI, plus the incredibly limited online options...
And haven't we the right to ask for a fix and a better product? By aiming GT at the masses only, they'll kill the hardcore fans. And after loosing the hardcore fans, the masses woun't buy the game either. So I think PD should listen to the fans, for their own good...

These posts and threads are here for pd to read and find out the flaws in their games.. So let's face it guys they either don't give a monkeys or they just don't read it :(

👎 PD :(

Are you sure donpost?...
Finally I think this bug have a solution!! Try again.
It's incredible but...pit stop online works well!!
Thanks Poliphony!!

Sorry to disappoint you there SGT_Rayo, but online pitstops are still crappy... You still get worse tyre performance and durability with the subsequent tyre sets comparing to your starting set. And you still get that constant tyre squeeling noise in a straight line with your subsequent tyre sets, that you don't hear with your starting set, even at top speed and in your top gear. The propulsor wheels therefore still have an impaired durability.
And I even managed to get my tyres changed without any choice menu being promped (and I was racing alone, testing this out, so no full room / lag issues). So as you see, all the complaints listed in this thread (except the limited tyre choices) happened in my quick test. Thanks indeed PD... crap.

I ran a test with the following conditions if you'd like to try it yourself:
Room mode: P/Q/R
Race type: Race for Real
Race Quality: Very high

Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Tried all the following: Normal, Fast and Very Fast
Grip reduction: Real
Min number of pitstops: Tried 0 and 1
Require Tyre Type Change: Tried On and Off
Mechanical Damage: Tried None, Light and Heavy
Slipstream Strength: Real

Filter by performance: no limit in anything

Driving aids: only ABS and TC allowed. I only had ABS set on 1 in my cars.

Tried La Sarthe 2013 and Spa

Tried Mazda 787b stock, Sauber Mercedes C9 tuned up to 1000+ BHP, Toyota FT-1 Stock, Civic Type-R '08 250 BHP, 2013 Deltawing Stock, Lambo Aventador fully tuned and the McLaren F1 GTR RC Base Model tuned only suspension and transmission-wise.

All with the same results to different extents, depending on drivetrain and power...

I totally understand issue about pit stops what I don't understand is why the second set of tires wear out so much faster then the first set

Sorry...you have reason!!
That's incredible...I think it's a big problem.
Sorry another time...I can't wait much more...

Pit stops still absolutely shot to pieces, we race weekly endurance races all the practice races everyone got pit stop options then we do the real thing and no one gets anything i seriously can't believe this is still being overlooked by pd it's an absolute disgrace

Update 1.07

finally they fixed it, but 158 days after the relase.....

You mean the tire wear? I hear that's fixed, excellent news! I've always been more concerned about the option window not popping up for people, hope that is fixed too.

No, they fixed the option windows.

But, they also changed the fuel reserve(I do not know if it's the right translation).

No, they fixed the option windows.

But, they also changed the fuel reserve(I do not know if it's the right translation).
I'm not so sure it's been completely fixed yet. I had the window not pop up yesterday in an online endurance style race on Nurb 24h.

We have checked yesterday, some using a wheel and some using controller, everyone gets the window when entering Pits. But it seems to me that it appears a little bit later than before update 1.07. Or does GT6 take control earlier now?

Back