Online Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter V8Fox
  • 5 comments
  • 412 views
Messages
7
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
How long does it take for the race to start in Online mode? Everytime I go into it all that happens is the practice and the race never seems to start ? Or am I not waiting long enough ? Thanks
 
Did you click on the checkered flag? It's the black and white one on the left which becomes active a few seconds after you click on the other button in about the middle, what's it called, "start" or "enter"?

Clicking on the checkered flag initiates a 40 second countdown during which you and others can elect to join the race. Or spectate.

You can test this out on your own, you don't need a second player for checking out the function.

Hope this helps!
 
Thanks, I think I did but all it lets me do is the practice, I will try again next time, i'm new to the PS3 and all this online stuff as you've probably already guessed : )
 
I'm also fairly new to this GT/PS3 thing too. Although I've been online racing in Forza for many years.

They all have their UI quirks. GT6 is no exception. I do like it better than Forza

If you can't get it working, post back or PM me and I'll fire up the system and write down the steps I take to get it going.
 
If it is your online lobby you have to start the race yourself or set it to auto start after a certain amount of time. If in a public lobby that is set to race for fun or race for real, generally there will be a 5min or whatever practice so everyone can get ready in the lobby then the race will start or if it is set to auto start after a certain amount of time it will say on the lobby main screen when the start time is.
 
How long does it take for the race to start in Online mode? Everytime I go into it all that happens is the practice and the race never seems to start ? Or am I not waiting long enough ? Thanks
Either the race is on autostart in which case there's a timer in the top right, or the host has to hit "start" manually and until then, all you do is drive around.
 
Back