Online reputation

• Thread starter Krizzay
  • 54 comments
Belgium
Genk
Krizzay
so, any idea when this is going to be implemented? I'm kinda tired of qualifying somewhere in the front, only to get rammed off in t1. By the time I return on track, I'm at he back trying to overtake the next series of idiots that weave hard into your car the moment you try to make a pass.

Sounds familiar?

We realy need a reputation system, so we can get some descent matchmaking over time and the clowns can play their single lap demolition derby game amongst themselves.

so, any idea when this is going to be implemented? I'm kinda tired of qualifying somewhere in the front, only to get rammed off in t1. By the time I return on track, I'm at he back trying to overtake the next series of idiots that weave hard into your car the moment you try to make a pass.

Sounds familiar?

We realy need a reputation system, so we can get some descent matchmaking over time and the clowns can play their single lap demolition derby game amongst themselves.
Yeah, kind of like iRacing's safety rating. I might actually buy pCARS for PS4 and start playing it again if that happened.

Sounds familiar?

In the mean time, you could try these guys - CRAP racing club - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-17-oct-2-45pm-10-45pm-bst-gmt-1-open.327783/ No need for any kind of reputation system

In the mean time, you could try these guys - CRAP racing club - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-17-oct-2-45pm-10-45pm-bst-gmt-1-open.327783/ No need for any kind of reputation system

Thanks Spooky. Yes we have many regular events with many more casual sessions mostly in our own private rooms.

It would be good to have the feature implemented. Getting bugs fixed first has been the priority though and I think that's the best thing to do before introducing new features with more complexity.

Sounds familiar?

I feel your pain! I've not even bothered going online after hearing about the amount of bad drivers & lack of features.

Even if some kind of rep system was introduced, what's to stop it from giving good players a bad rep? Think about it; penalties are sometimes dished out to the driver who got hit, who was in the right. So maybe the same flaws would exist in a system that tried to decide whether you were a good driver or not. That wouldn't be something I'd want.

I'll say it again; what we really need is the ability for hosts to kick bad players from the room, & preferably by voice command whilst on track so as not to ruin the host's race by having to quit back to the lobby. Hosts also need a feature where the Players Blocked list on PSN is recognised by Project CARS & all players on it are barred from all future lobbies. Being able to name the room "CLEAN OR KICK" would be a good deterent too, & having text chat would be a great help as the host could then type messages as to what is expected, & what will happen if players misbehave. That's how it was done in GT online in my lobbies, & what's more it worked really well. SMS are light years behind GT when it comes to online multiplayer, & are also lagging way behind most other games too. Which is a shame for me as 90% of my time in GT was spent racing online.

:)

Sounds familiar?

Here is what I think would happen:

In alternative universe GTPlanet
I'm kinda tired of qualifying somewhere in the front, only to get rammed off in t1 and get a safety rating penalty. By the time I return on track, I'm at the back trying to overtake the next series of idiots that weave hard into your car the moment you try to make a pass, and there my safety rating goes again.

Players giving each other ratings might work though, if you're prepared to accept the fact that people are mainly interested in rating something when they think it's bad.

VBR
I feel your pain! I've not even bothered going online after hearing about the amount of bad drivers & lack of features.

Even if some kind of rep system was introduced, what's to stop it from giving good players a bad rep? Think about it; penalties are sometimes dished out to the driver who got hit, who was in the right. So maybe the same flaws would exist in a system that tried to decide whether you were a good driver or not. That wouldn't be something I'd want.

I'll say it again; what we really need is the ability for hosts to kick bad players from the room, & preferably by voice command whilst on track so as not to ruin the host's race by having to quit back to the lobby. Hosts also need a feature where the Players Blocked list on PSN is recognised by Project CARS & all players on it are barred from all future lobbies. Being able to name the room "CLEAN OR KICK" would be a good deterent too, & having text chat would be a great help as the host could then type messages as to what is expected, & what will happen if players misbehave. That's how it was done in GT online in my lobbies, & what's more it worked really well. SMS are light years behind GT when it comes to online multiplayer, & are also lagging way behind most other games too. Which is a shame for me as 90% of my time in GT was spent racing online.

100% strongly agree. You would think a chat box would of been in the game already.

Good drivers will score some bad points, no doubt about it, everyone makes mistakes. I think the key here is, "over time". It'll take a little while for the system to balance out but bad drivers will get way more negatieve scores than good drivers, anyway you put it, it's just a matter of finding the right threshold. I feel, if implemented well, It'll sort itself out, you just need enough data.

Ofcourse, to state the obvious, textchat and an option for the host to kick someone (preferably, straight linked to an ignore in your psn, wich would be nice, saves you some time) should have already been implemented ages ago.

VBR

Host control is a must for sure, but the whole safety rating thing will work itself out in the end. It'll change online behaviour. With host control, anyone hoping to race a crashfest will be punted immediately, no fooling around. Very quickly the punters crash rating will drop like a stone and so long as you can filter them out or at least see it as they enter the lobby, no issue. You have to remember, the odds are that the crashers will affect you only once, but will also affect others. You will get one incident, Joe will get 1, Johnny will get one...Billy Joe Wrecker will get 3. He gets punted, only the serious guys are left. If you're able to have lobbies with the crash ratings turned off, the punters will quickly gather there and again, problem solved. The more serious players will play with the rating on, knowing it ensures clean racing and drivers who care about serious racing.

Host control is a must for sure, but the whole safety rating thing will work itself out in the end. It'll change online behaviour. With host control, anyone hoping to race a crashfest will be punted immediately, no fooling around.
Of course, that leaves open the possibility for hosts to kick anyone for any reason at any time - something that GT6 is plagued with already. In most instances I think it would be better to copy GTA Online and go with a vote-based system. That way you can't be kicked for overtaking the host. :D

Of course, that leaves open the possibility for hosts to kick anyone for any reason at any time - something that GT6 is plagued with already. In most instances I think it would be better to copy GTA Online and go with a vote-based system. That way you can't be kicked for overtaking the host. :D
Or both as an option. Personally I'd rather use the host kick system anyway. You get a lot of people in lobbies not paying attention or maybe can't read the same language as the host or other players and it'll be tough to get a majority vote. I'd rather get to know a few hosts that are fair and impartial and then frequent their rooms and then trust them to have benevolent control over the room. Worked well in GT5/6, just took a long time to find them. The online rep system will help speed up that process. I'd rather dictatorship than democracy in this instance. PD has a good base setup for online racing that other games would do well to copy and add their own tweaks. If they could just smooth out the bugs with their netcode, whatever they are, and institute an online rating system, it'd be just about perfect.

That is already implemented in the game, but not many people know about it and it rarely gets used because everybody needs to pause their race to vote. Unlike in GTA, you cant just leave your character standing still for a few seconds while you are voting, your car will always move while you are in the menus. Not really suited for a racing game imho.

Host control is a must for sure, but the whole safety rating thing will work itself out in the end. It'll change online behaviour. With host control, anyone hoping to race a crashfest will be punted immediately, no fooling around. Very quickly the punters crash rating will drop like a stone and so long as you can filter them out or at least see it as they enter the lobby, no issue. You have to remember, the odds are that the crashers will affect you only once, but will also affect others. You will get one incident, Joe will get 1, Johnny will get one...Billy Joe Wrecker will get 3. He gets punted, only the serious guys are left. If you're able to have lobbies with the crash ratings turned off, the punters will quickly gather there and again, problem solved. The more serious players will play with the rating on, knowing it ensures clean racing and drivers who care about serious racing.

I'll believe it when I see it! It'll also create problems if a driver starts out dirty & then becomes clean at a later date, I've seen that happen with certain newbies. Or, how about if a driver likes both types of racing - both clean & dirty? It wouldn't work for those types of players. Host options for control are the best way imo.

I've never been kicked form any GT6 or GT5 lobbies, maybe you're racing with the wrong crowd.

VBR
I'll believe it when I see it! It'll also create problems if a driver starts out dirty & then becomes clean at a later date, I've seen that happen with certain newbies. Or, how about if a driver likes both types of racing - both clean & dirty? It wouldn't work for those types of players. Host options for control are the best way imo.
I've never been kicked form any GT6 or GT5 lobbies, maybe you're racing with the wrong crowd.
Easy problems to solve. First, you make the driver rating a rolling average so that the older races drop off. Gives you the opportunity to approve. Second, and already mentioned, you allow hosts to turn the driver rating system off so you can have dirty races and not have it affect your rating.

Easy problems to solve. First, you make the driver rating a rolling average so that the older races drop off. Gives you the opportunity to approve. Second, and already mentioned, you allow hosts to turn the driver rating system off so you can have dirty races and not have it affect your rating.

That would solve the problem, but how likely is it that SMS would think to do it? They've given us ghost cars online, but did they also give us the option of turning them off? They've given us voice chat, but can the host disable it for the whole lobby?

What I'd really like to see in sim racing is the development of a Stewards AI program. Also, the tools for certain people in the lobby to be appointed as stewards by the host. Now that would really take ogranised racing to the next level.

VBR
That would solve the problem, but how likely is it that SMS would think to do it? They've given us ghost cars online, but did they also give us the option of turning them off? They've given us voice chat, but can the host disable it for the whole lobby?

What I'd really like to see in sim racing is the development of a Stewards AI program. Also, the tools for certain people in the lobby to be appointed as stewards by the host. Now that would really take ogranised racing to the next level.
Whether PCars or AC or anyone else will do it right is a whole other can of worms. In the bigger picture, I don't think you're ever likely to see any useful driver rating system outside of iRacing, simply because devs will see it as a way of restricting online access and driving players away from the game. You know how it works. Joe Crasher crashes his way through a few races, can't get into any more good lobbies, gives up on the game, goes on a trolling rampage all over the internet and tells all his online friends that the particular game sucks, he was banned from online for one accident, the system is broken...yada yada yada. Doesn't matter if it's true, people will believe it and that game in question will develop a reputation as unfriendly and too complicated for new players who aren't as skilled. I don't think devs want to risk that kind of backlash to please a small minority of players that want clean online racing otherwise it would have been done already right?

So we're back where we started anyway - host control:cheers:

More good news today!

We're going to add the public lobby host kick guys. The way it'll likely work is that kicked players won't be able to rejoin during the lifetime of the host multiplayer game. The voting system will run alongside this, but we'll reduce the vote % requirement, so if the host is busy, non-hosts can still perform this function (in public lobbies). Target will be patch 6.

Source - See post 90, bottom of the page.

👍

That is already implemented in the game, but not many people know about it and it rarely gets used because everybody needs to pause their race to vote. Unlike in GTA, you cant just leave your character standing still for a few seconds while you are voting, your car will always move while you are in the menus. Not really suited for a racing game imho.

All it needs is a pop up menu that can be mapped to a button that allows you to enter a pop up menu system while still driving which can be controlled by direction arrows on keyboard or controller. All this could be set while driving. It could have a few preset phrases along with the option to kick anyone from the room.

Need For Speed Most Wanted and Game Stock Car Extreme (another full sim) had in play menus and they could work brilliantly as an in race menu in Project Cars. The car could be controlled at the same time.

Although i shouldn't care as i never play online, i know this is going to make the game for online players so much better.
I found it a bit weird this wasn't included since launch.

Anything that stops me from being entirely taken out of the race, every other race. Gets my vote. Be it host kick, or a system that prevents rammers from joining in the first place.

If only they could do something about when the rammers fail to destroy me, but succeed in taking me off and my rejoining earns me a cut track penalty.

A fix for the online trolls is required asap. I realise the game has lots of bugs, but the trolls are nearly game braking when it comes to online play.

Hosts need to be able to kick people. Hopefully that comes soon!

I think another fix for a large percentage of the trolls is to make cars who are a lap or more down go ghost. Trolls are slow, easy to beat...but they cause havoc when they go laps down...ruins everything.

I would really like to see some sort of rep system eventually. Fingers crossed

Had one of my worst, most infuriating races in any racing game ever tonight. LMP2s at Road America.

Two people teamed up in qualifying to make sure that no one was able to set a lap, then the same two people plowed straight into the back of EVERYONE into turn 1. 6 or so drivers retired with terminal damage/left the lobby straight away. The remaining people, myself included. Limped round, all but one of us pitted for repairs... guess what was waiting for us on the straight going into turn 3... that caused another ridiculous pile up. More people left the lobby, a couple of people got DSQ for going the "wrong way around the track" when trying to rejoin whilst being forcibly prevented ... And then the two individuals responsible for the stupidity decided to prevent anyone from being able to pit (as best they could) by pulling up on the inside of anyone trying to enter pit road and turning left.

To top it off, after all this nonsense. Once the "race" had actually finished. 1st and 2nd left the lobby straight after crossing the line, which promoted the idiots to 1st and 2nd.

They actually won.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I've had races in the old Carmageddon games with less contact.

My pCARS online experience has been one of the strangest online experiences I've had. I swear I've come across more trolls than ever before...more than in GT6, more than even battlefield or CoD.

It's left me so confused....who are these people who buy a sim racing game, and don't know the first thing about racing, or even have any interest in it for that matter.

High downforce cars are the worst, as they are by face an away the easiest cars in the game to drive like an ass. Any of the Formula cars, your gaurenteed to find a troll or two. LMP is just as bad, with LMP 2 $ 3 being pure bumper car fests, because the cars are so damn easy to drive. Of course, GT3 is the standard noob fest.

I've definitely had more success with some of the less popular classes, like GT4, Group A, Group 5, etc. anything without TC is usually pretty good. Sucks for me though...I don't want to drive LMP or GT3 without TC, so in those classes, I'm stuck with the trolls for now :lol:

Hopefully it can be operated without having to go into too many menus. Otherwise hosting and racing will become separate jobs in this game. Few hosts will pull over to kick someone. Even less with the frequency I've encountered trolls.

Back