Online Territories

  • Thread starter Thread starter Soarer
  • 13 comments
  • 709 views
Messages
69
Online Territories like in socom where you can only play with people in the same Territory as you.

do you think this will be in GT4??
would you like play with Territories or would you prefer to Vs the whole world??
 
I recon playing within the same territory/region will cause less lag between players since the distance between them is shorter.On the other hand it would be a shame if it actually happens in Gran Turismo 4.The thought of playing against anyone in the world who has the game is quite pleasing.

However,if i remember correctly,a whle back KY said that the current GT4 Online Netcode isn't quite at the level that he wants it to be.There is still minor lag here and there and some of the cars aren't beign displayed correctly from a certain distance.If this remains unsolved he will not include the Online racing mode as those minor issues would lower the quality of the game.So,a possible solution would be to make it regional compatible only.It would atleast remedy the lag(a little if not completely).
 
they'll sort it. its not a huge task as live for speed has proved, if a small team like that can get it right then PD shouldnt have a problem. and its not like that have to cater for dialup is it :) ? (sorry to rub it in all you 56k'ers)
 
I'm not too concerned about minor lag issues, I just want to be able to race people from around the world in GT4! Heck, the online mode is the main reason I'm buying the game (unless it turns out Ferrari and Porsche are included...).
 
GTChamp2003
I recon playing within the same territory/region will cause less lag between players since the distance between them is shorter.On the other hand it would be a shame if it actually happens in Gran Turismo 4.The thought of playing against anyone in the world who has the game is quite pleasing.

However,if i remember correctly,a whle back KY said that the current GT4 Online Netcode isn't quite at the level that he wants it to be.There is still minor lag here and there and some of the cars aren't beign displayed correctly from a certain distance.If this remains unsolved he will not include the Online racing mode as those minor issues would lower the quality of the game.So,a possible solution would be to make it regional compatible only.It would atleast remedy the lag(a little if not completely).

Wasnt that what he said after E3 2003?
Im pretty sure after this years E3 he said he was happy that this had been fixed.
 
I wanna be able to play with both, but I'd prefer local mostly just in case of lag, and so I can have teammates that I KNOW and can meet with.
 
Ev0
I'm not too concerned about minor lag issues, I just want to be able to race people from around the world in GT4! Heck, the online mode is the main reason I'm buying the game (unless it turns out Ferrari and Porsche are included...).

Porsche & Ferrari were in the DVD that came with Prologue. The dvd shows the making of the game and behind the scenes footage and there are Ferrari's mainly but also afew Porsches, so i would be very suprised if they didnt put them in.
 
theres been a HELL of a lot of discussion about that DVD vid Brocky and we came to the conclusion.... we dunno, have to wait and see.

Its a nice teaser but certainly not anything solid
 
Why don't they set up 2 systems. GT Europe/Japan/Australia/North America etc (maybe more specific) and GT World where you can verse anyone, but with possible lag.
 
i can see that happening, a "Local" and a "Global" zone. makes sence
 
If that does go ahead, the only real question will be how local is local? Are we talking countries (I think they would use UK/GB, then again do they do individual states of America or just the USA?) or continents (might be as laggy as Global though)?
 
well from my own experiences of online play "Europe" as a zone would be no probem.. so im guessing devided by continents would be fine
 
Yeah I think it's by continents, I mean isn't that how they've been doing it?
 
Back