OOE Cup: Race 1-5 Videos Added + Final StandingsFinished 

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 134 comments
I've had a quick spin in the VW and blimey, 336bhp on a FWD with CS tyres is hard work. And fast wear!
I'm having trouble getting the power down. Should be a lot of tyre smoke.

It's a nice colour though.

See you later. đź‘Ť

Hey guys,

as you might have realized here already I have the opportunity to race online quite unusually the post-Easter week.

Would it be possible to get a Wild Card for the Corvette @ Le Mans race on March 31st? :eek:

I've had a quick spin in the VW and blimey ... hard work.
I find any and all FF's difficult to race. I much prefer FR. : )
Would it be possible to get a Wild Card for the Corvette
Absolutely it would, Patrick. Welcome.

I don't usually like this car but it really suited the circuit.
Something I discovered about the Senna WSR F3, if you go into Arcade mode (single player, single race, professional),
all nine AI drivers will be racing the WSR too.

It's the same thing if you enter with a 125 shifter kart, and I haven't tried it with any other cars.
I was surprised with that. I've only ever used Arcade mode to race with road cars and the occasional GT race car
and on those instances the AI have all been in mixed cars, never one-makes.

I find any and all FF's difficult to race. I much prefer FR. : )
This one isn't too bad actually, I think it might be the tyres bogging it down. It feels more lively on SM's. ;)

I haven't tried it with any other cars.
There's a few it works with. Sometimes using a type of car. If you select a GT 500, GT 300 or GT3 car for instance it will fill the grid with cars from the corresponding classes.

There's a few it works with. Sometimes using a type of car. If you select a GT 500, GT 300 or GT3 car for instance it will fill the grid with cars from the corresponding classes.

In one way it makes sense that the shifter kart and F3 produces one-make races in Arcade since
they don't really have any equivalent cars to put on the grid as opposed to ordinary road cars or GT cars.

However I just tried entering one race with a VGT and another with the Rocket 07 (two cars which also lack equivalents in a way)
but the grid became mixed with various manufacturers instead of one-makes.

I wonder what formula Polyphony has in place that determines what produces mixed AI and one-make AI.

It's quite good with the GT3's etc since it makes it realistic racing against similar cars.

I think it somehow does a shuffle using the PP system when there isn't a corresponding class. It's not very satisfactory usually. The cars are too diverse.

Going back to GT5 - it had one make racing for all cars! That and the lack of shuffle are two steps backwards.

public warm-up lobby up and running in the racers reunited club :)
ID : 1472-4711-0038-4890-1818
lobby closed
Heading to the paint shop,
See you in a bit

Last edited:
With no less than four drivers leading laps today (and picking up bonus points) here are the standings with two races to go:

ooe cup points.jpg

1. buybon355 - 555
2. IfAndOr - 485
3. JockeP22 - 481
4. tarnheld - 455
5. Zolon32 - 345
6. sutsagrd - 320
7. bloodyboyblue - 170
8. bergele - 155
9. thehobnob97 - 150
10. gkgamer - 142

Last edited:
That was intense racing last night. I don't remember it being so close and so much fun since our mini racing days!! :lol:

I made a few good passes only to bin it into the gravel a few corners later. So I'm so impressed with bb, Zo and blue that they manage to keep so consistent. :bowdown:

Within the 25 mins race we all finished within a minute or so. I'm very pleased with my fastest lap...first time ever!:sly:

I had some great battles with tarn, Jocke, Gk and Paul. Unfortunately I think Paul, our fighting allowed the front three to get ahead otherwise I think Paul would have been fighting up their as you romped away from me as soon as you got your place back.

Unfortunately Jocke and gents I'll miss the rest of these events.
Off on holiday this weekend for 2 weeks. Have fun guys. ;)
:cheers:

It was indeed intense. See Mini's, VW's, - FWD's aren't too bad after all.

I got pole! Not sure how that happened. It went downhill a bit after that. As usual I was to busy looking around me to see where everyone was instead of concentrating on my lines. Wish I could drive using the external view, but I can't. It never seems natural with a wheel.

Unfortunately I think Paul, our fighting allowed the front three to get ahead
That's part of the fun. đź‘Ť
I had a quite a lot of position swapping with everyone I think. And that's why it's good racing with you guys, we are all competitive yet keep it clean as possible. It's good to know that even if you make a mistake the driver behind will make allowances and ease off. Contact happens but it's never intentional.

Thanks @JockeP22. Even if I was slipping and sliding around on my Comfort tyres it was fun slipping and sliding. :P

And good to race with you again @gkgamer. Hope you kept awake during the day. :)

It was indeed intense. See Mini's, VW's, - FWD's aren't too bad after all.

I got pole! Not sure how that happened. It went downhill a bit after that. As usual I was to busy looking around me to see where everyone was instead of concentrating on my lines. Wish I could drive using the external view, but I can't. It never seems natural with a wheel.

That's another reason I won't use a wheel, I can never get used to a non-external view

That's another reason I won't use a wheel, I can never get used to a non-external view
If I do (clumsily) use my controller I find that I then prefer the external view. It does give you a better sense of whats going on around the car. Although there is the feeling of driving a remote control car then. But you and others do it very well.

I prefer the bonnet/hood/roof view and not only is that in different places on different cars you don't even get a rear view mirror! GT5 was great, bonnet view and the zoom-able map was just ideal. No zoom-able map in GT6 and I'm having to press buttons to look around - another step backwards.

What I need is a triple monitor setup, I could use the internal view then. What I can afford is a different matter.

I'm very pleased with my fastest lap...first time ever!
I got pole! Not sure how that happened.
In retrospect I should have included 5 bonus points for FL and 5 for pole, and not only 5 for leading laps.
But it is what it is.

The OOE points system in place is the one Nascar used from 1975 to 2003.

Going back to GT5 - it had one make racing for all cars!
So could you have a grid full of AI Jay Leno tank cars? : )

The RR reached a milestone at some point during this week, 90 members.
I have no idea who half of them are :lol: but it's a nice round number, and it
wouldn't have been reached without Zolons initiative to keep the club alive
last year and Pauls suggestion for the name change.
The thumbnail is from the Dusty send off, of course.

Screenshot_2016-03-18-14-02-45[1].png

So could you have a grid full of AI Jay Leno tank cars? : )
You could. Well if I remember correctly the one make races were for some reason limited to 8 cars - but they'd all be tank cars. It was great for taking pictures.

The RR reached a milestone at some point during this week, 90 members.
In GT10 they may all be able to race at the same time. Probably still only be able to "see" around 25 or so though. :dopey:

Actually it was a good stable network yesterday.
:bowdown:>Internet Gods< :bowdown:

Amazing race, mucked about during the final practice as I thought having the fastest lap had bagged me pole but it must reset somehow. Made for some great racing though and still just squeezed out a win. That's 3 races I've been fortunate to win whilst not being the fastest on the track. Can't complain!

Good chat about the high standards, all great by all. I bumped into Paul going into the final turn, which nudged him into zolon. We all backed off and regrouped, maintaining position. Great stuff.

Last edited:
Well that was quite exciting! We were all over each other - much like Zolon's rash. :)
We'll have to give the VW a run out again if it produces close racing like that every time. (SM tyres ;))

I think I had more rubber left than everyone else, do I get 5 points? :dopey:

A good smooth drive BB.
Another great video @JockeP22 đź‘Ť

Back