Oookay, who is up for another tuner challenge?

Rotary Junkie

Premium
United States
Canton, MI
RJs_RX-7
Mokay...

Same deal as the last few.... Here's what I'm thinking.

S3 tires, may the best car win its class, etc...

Class comparison vehicles are the winners from TCV2, which I'll dig up if we go through with this.

I down with this.

or am I up with this? or maybe I'm sideways with this.

whatever, I'll compete if we do this, even if I'm very likely to lose :P

im not sure what the 'others' were, but im down, if you post a list of cars and a track. And some basic rules.

Did the last one ever officially end or at least post results ? :guilty:

I may have an actual entrant for this, idk, I'll have to look into it

Did the last one ever officially end or at least post results ? :guilty:

I may have an actual entrant for this, idk, I'll have to look into it

Nope.

I'd love to see what you come up with though. Perhaps just refine the ITR and your Impreza?

Is this reserved just for straight up track racing, or is the possibility of having a drift class on the horizon?

A drift class IS a possibility if there's the want for it.

Count me in.

What would the rules be regarding, for example, if I took the NSX-R from the RVV line-up and entered it. Allowed or not?

Not that I'd do such a thing, although I would consider entering the R33 into a 4WD division, purely because it's still quite fresh.

So let me get this straight.

We have a selection of different classes, we tune a car and post the set-ups on here, then a panel of judges decides which car is the best???

So theres no lap time comparisons then?

Well if this does go down, I've done some work and I got my entrant lined up, a few more tweak's and It should be able to tear the competition apart with ease, all while being fully 'street-able' :crazy:

I think if this was to go down, it should go down ASAP. I am willing to bet no-one is going to spend Christmas testing cars in GT4. :P

Well i will, because i will be spending christmas home alone, getting drunk and building a drag car out of the prius like i do every year...

Lets see some set-ups going down then! Im not really good like you guys, apart from my drift EVO, but i seem to be the only one interested in a drift class, so theres no real demand for one :( which is fine :) I just might have to break out the 'teg.

Maybe have the Nurburgring (up to a certain T marker) as a track for all testers to test on, then a track of their choice?

I can't drift that well (those Youtube videos are ollllllllld, I've lost my drifting ability since then) either so I guess I'll be stuck to "grip" cars. :P

I think a specific track wouldnt be a bad idea, that way, if we get for example, 2 similarly tuned Impreza's, that way the testers can take them to the same track and compare how they faired up in particular corners, it would be eaiser than taking two similar cars to completely different tracks to see which one is better.

I'd prefer doing a full lap at a track, rather than racing from T marker to T marker. But track choice doesn't matter alot to me, I got cars that can run on virtually any track.

I can be a tester, but I got a question. For tuning/testing, are we going for speed (fast lap times) or handling (easiest to drive). The two don't always go hand in hand.

I think a specific track wouldnt be a bad idea, that way, if we get for example, 2 similarly tuned Impreza's, that way the testers can take them to the same track and compare how they faired up in particular corners, it would be eaiser than taking two similar cars to completely different tracks to see which one is better.

Er, what?

One person will be testing ALL of each class on whatever track they choose.

Not just grabbing a car and testing it at whatever track and grading it.

This will result in a wider range of test tracks and driving styles putting the cars through their paces.

Back