Optimum Gear Change

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Been away from GT Sport for a long while and can’t seem to be able to compete like I used too in daily races, when is the optimum time for changing gear, any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

It depends on your driving style and your Car. But in general I wouldn’t rev it out too hard and shift early.
Or just stick to automatic Transmission :D

Not being at your normal level of competitiveness is perfectly normal if you haven't played for a long while.

As for shifting points, that's specific for each car and for each gear.

Or just stick to automatic Transmission :D

This is a good general tip. If you take a lap w/ auto you can see the optimal shift points.

Been away from GT Sport for a long while and can’t seem to be able to compete like I used too in daily races, when is the optimum time for changing gear, any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Part of it could do with a lot more players at the moment. Which means "better" matchmaking. Which means tighter grids, smaller gaps between the 1st and last qualifier.

From what I seen most people change gears a few seconds into when the redline thing beeps.

I tend to change just when it pings red as I'm just used to that in real life and in endurance.

@Unitedwestand not sure where you stand with the TCS but from my experience cutting that down to 1 or zero has become way more important over the recent updates to the driving physics then anything else.
Unless you're doing fuel management in race C's or FIA races then auto can still be somewhat competitive, but getting off TCS has become way more important to lap times.

@Unitedwestand not sure where you stand with the TCS but from my experience cutting that down to 1 or zero has become way more important over the recent updates to the driving physics then anything else.
Unless you're doing fuel management in race C's or FIA races then auto can still be somewhat competitive, but getting off TCS has become way more important to lap times.
Usually set at one , used JeJe setups in past and he seems to have it always at 1

ABS off is not recommended in GTS. It will cost you time and cause incidents.
Leave the system on but try braking in a manner that minimizes intervention.
Usually leave at default but just asking
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
ABS off is not recommended in GTS. It will cost you time and cause incidents.
Leave the system on but try braking in a manner that minimizes intervention.
As a driver that doesn't use ABS, to say it causes incidents is a nonsense statement. You get used to it just like driving without traction control.

Back