[ORA] FIA GT3 Cup | Husqvarman is champion!Finished 

• Thread starter Brutaka
  • 476 comments
Haha, I didn't really even do anything to my car, since I drove it last season. I just joined checked HP<PP< & Weight, and I kicked some *** to come second behind Husq in Race 2. That race had some good battling in it. :cheers:

I suppose this series is a good way of testing different things :)
There were always two purposes to this series:
  1. To make the GTWC off season less boring for the GTWC drivers and stewards
  2. To test new ideas that could be implemented into ORA
So far you guys have been very helpful and us stewards will try our best to use the data here to improve as much as we can.

yeah, I was thinking that the KG ballast is helping to plant grip on to the road, essentially making the car slightly faster :indiff:

Ballast on power should be interesting!
To give you an idea, I run 2" 18" 3 with ballast .We did a small run with CoD without ballast after the race. I did a 1" 17" 0 and I can easily do 1" 16" 7 so I loose 1,5sec with 60 extra kg.
It's not enough here it cost me 1.5 seconds after 3wins (0.5 per win). This is really enough within pro and am class!

To give you an idea, I run 2" 18" 3 with ballast .We did a small run with CoD without ballast after the race. I did a 1" 17" 0 and I can easily do 1" 16" 7 so I loose 1,5sec with 60 extra kg.
It's not enough here it cost me 1.5 seconds after 3wins (0.5 per win). This is really enough within pro and am class!
I am really impressed by your pace @Husqvarman ! I am really curious what setup are you using, I can't get the car turn-in oversteer enough myself.

Last edited:
Now you've said that, I am rethinking my opinion lol, it's just from watching you don't seem to lose too much time, but then again, you and @Gabguss were always miles ahead of everyone else :lol:

I am really impressed by your pace @Husqvarman ! I am really curious what setup are you using, I can't get the car turn-in oversteer enough myself.

I'll post my setup tonight ;)

Now you've said that, I am rethinking my opinion lol, it's just from watching you don't seem to lose too much time, but then again, you and @Gabguss were always miles ahead of everyone else :lol:

Zikwik can do 1" 17" 0 with 50% weather and 60kg ballast :)

Yeah I got down to a 2:17.1 by the end without the added ballast. My overall best was a 2:16.7 but that was 0% weather. I was mostly surprised of how even we were with Zikwik when we were battling he could not get passed me and never got close enough:D.

as this series seems to be about trying out the penalty system, this is how i used to run things for another series we run in the past. it felt quite balanced and effective. maybe a suggestion for the GT3 series. but we'll need someone who can do the math after each race :). here it comes:

THE BASICS.
First place gets you a 2% power penalty
Second place gets you a 1% power penalty
Won the race with 2% penalty? You get 2% more = 4% for next race.
Have a penalty and didn’t finish 1st or 2nd? penalty is diminished by 1%

THE REFINEMENT.
Penalties are divided by what your position is in the championship. For example: I’m championship leader and win the race: 2% penalty divided by 1 = 2% penalty. I’m 4th in the championship and I win the race: 2% penalty divided by 4 = 0,5% penalty.

tell me what you guys think...

Initially sounds confusing :lol:
however you say ut was effective in the past so we will take it into consideration.

i will be glad to do the math for you guys :). I also have another refinement solution but it's too technical to explain it written out here. if you like i can PM the full explanation to you...

as this series seems to be about trying out the penalty system, this is how i used to run things for another series we run in the past. it felt quite balanced and effective. maybe a suggestion for the GT3 series. but we'll need someone who can do the math after each race :). here it comes:

THE BASICS.
First place gets you a 2% power penalty
Second place gets you a 1% power penalty
Won the race with 2% penalty? You get 2% more = 4% for next race.
Have a penalty and didn’t finish 1st or 2nd? penalty is diminished by 1%

THE REFINEMENT.
Penalties are divided by what your position is in the championship. For example: I’m championship leader and win the race: 2% penalty divided by 1 = 2% penalty. I’m 4th in the championship and I win the race: 2% penalty divided by 4 = 0,5% penalty.

tell me what you guys think...

Initially sounds confusing :lol:
however you say ut was effective in the past so we will take it into consideration.

i will be glad to do the math for you guys :). I also have another refinement solution but it's too technical to explain it written out here. if you like i can PM the full explanation to you...
Il confess it sounds a bit confusing. But hey, it's always interesting to test new things, even if they are a bit complicated. Drivers don't really need to know the process after all. All that they want is to know their handicap, not the way we made it, no ?

We can understand this way... It's just a rule !

My setup (zikwik did almost the same)
71/80
13,83/14.96
1/1
1/1
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00
I don't know how to setup these elements so I always do the same things and I adapt the others...

Brakes 6/8

Gearbox : litchi's one (gtplanet/tunes)
Final 3.900

DGL : 5/15/5

Aero :400/400
Lest +15%

Try it and share your feelings ;)

Last edited:

71/80
13,83/14.96
1/1
1/1
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00
I don't know how to setup these elements so I always do the same things and I adapt the others...

Brakes 6/8

Final 3.900

Lest +15%

Tweaked Litchi's tune a little bit. By the way, shout out to you Litchi for the great set-up. :bowdown:

So far, no incidents have been reported, you have until tomorrow night to report any incidents you may have had.

Also, Anyone who has not raced yet will be put on the reserve list, reserve drivers who have raced will be put on the full-time list.

71/80
13,83/14.96
1/1
1/1
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00

Brakes 6/8

Final 3.900

Lest +15%

That looks almost identical to my usual setup:lol:

Round 4

Track: Monza

vMVoGP8_W8HZGxyExau-lXhi-GVeskfYarAJ2hgSaKtKy7dY7odzuLSDIaa6SCv6t35pYNbkMr0a2x6LoDz8uZT23nODd_O1gJ1XswyWM1arzur8Kmnn8pWn_O6RuG43Vg

Weather:

• Race 1: 90% Weather, 30% surface water

• Race 2: same as race 1
Track time:

• Race 1: N/A

• Race 2: N/A

What to look out for:

• First lap, turn 1 incidents. (Do not attempt courageous moves on turn 1)

• Overtaking on Monza is difficult, especially in the rain

• Mild Rain is confirmed to happen. Intermediates or Full rain tires are useable.

• Husqvarman could potentially clinch the title here.

Great!! My first rainy race! Are hard tyres still allowed? (I assume answer is yes).

PS : Where is my pole position point for round 3 ? :lol:

Round 4

Track: Monza

vMVoGP8_W8HZGxyExau-lXhi-GVeskfYarAJ2hgSaKtKy7dY7odzuLSDIaa6SCv6t35pYNbkMr0a2x6LoDz8uZT23nODd_O1gJ1XswyWM1arzur8Kmnn8pWn_O6RuG43Vg

Weather:

• Race 1: 90% Weather, 30% surface water

• Race 2: same as race 1
Track time:

• Race 1: N/A

• Race 2: N/A

What to look out for:

• First lap, turn 1 incidents. (Do not attempt courageous moves on turn 1)

• Overtaking on Monza is difficult, especially in the rain

• Mild Rain is confirmed to happen. Intermediates or Full rain tires are useable.

• Husqvarman could potentially clinch the title here.
He will clinch the title, lol

don't think i'll be able to make it on time next sunday. i'm out of the country and no idea when i'll be back... still for who ever likes some testing I'm setting up a clublobby now... :)

FIA GT Cup attendance list

Attending

1. Brutaka
  2. Husqvarman
  3. SmileyWRX
  4. JakeKing39 (50/50)

Not attending
Charlie A

Unconfirmed

@@1996mikey2412
@@SK8RBOI
@@Gabguss