[ORA] GT Cup [S2] Rcb929 S2 ChampionOpen 

• Thread starter Brutaka
  • 251 comments
PJ GTP S7 1.jpg

Mixed results from the first week; I know I don't have the pace for podiums but I could have done a bit better.

Pre-Event:
I missed the pre-season event due to being in Silverstone for the WEC but I managed to get in an hour of testing yesterday afternoon. My initial setup was okay but very shortly into my testing plan I hit a setting that gave me a laptime I couldn't beat.

I tried making the car easier to drive but found that any change I made to do this also cost me a second per lap. I kept on testing settings up until Qualifying began but with a few seconds to go I reverted back to my initial setup as having that extra second per lap was more important than having a comfortable car.​

Qualifying:
I did a 51.x which was in line with my testing on this setup. I'd have liked to have gotten a 50.x but with my limited testing that wasn't going to happen.

5th

Race 1:
This was pretty uneventful. I made a clean start and held on to the Top 4 for a lap before they pulled away. For the remainder of the race I was essentially hotlapping, before coming under from mild pressure from P6 which I held off at the end.

5th

Race 2:
I got a better launch off the line for this one and through the opening turns passed @JakeKing39 for P4. As we came up to Turn 5 @Brutaka outbraked himself and unfortunately I was the car that ended up getting tagged.

I had 2 options at this point; pit and hope for a best result of P6 or drive with the damage and attempt to hold on to P5.

I chose the latter but after 15 minutes the car became too much of a challenge and I sustained further damage. At that point P7 was secure and I wouldn't have the pace to get up to P6 so I pitted and retired.

7th

Man, these Nissans are a piece of work. I bought the car on race day, did a quick tune for about 10 minutes and joined trying to get practice in. I was surprised when I qualified 4th. Me and @rcb929 had a battle the whole race with minimal contact, but overall decent driving. Battling for 3rd, he passed me on the last lap and I finished Race 1 in 4th. The me and @TNR_KING_FILO had a battle at the end of Race 2. (I think he had damage) I passed him for 3rd place in Race 2. I enjoyed. See you next week.

Sorry I rushed off. I was disappointed in Qualifying because in practice I was doing 51.1xx's and then did a 52.5xx then a 52.3xx in Qualifying.

Then when the race started I accidently pushed @Pubs16 wide, sorry dude was trying to cope with the understeer and avoid doing that, and kept up before I started making mistakes and then me and @Shahar had a moment and I was facing backwards. After that I was just struggling to get into a rhythm and the car was just 🤬 me off so before I did anything stupid I left. But as I say, big apologies for just leaving. 👍

Missed the race, was skiing :) Anyway, bad news for me as Sweden is NOT included in this years GT Academy. Of course, this means I have one more year to improve and hope they bring it back. Will be there for Tsukuba.

Missed the race, was skiing :) Anyway, bad news for me as Sweden is NOT included in this years GT Academy. Of course, this means I have one more year to improve and hope they bring it back. Will be there for Tsukuba.
Yeah they took away the North American show, instead they are just going to send 6 ppl to the international camp.

Yeah they took away the North American show, instead they are just going to send 6 ppl to the international camp.
Yeah, unlike. Seems they are going more international so competition is more fierce. But it is business in the end, they aim at markets they can sell their cars and in Scandinavia few buy Nissans, everybody here drives Volvo or German (BMW, Audi, VW or Merc)

Did some testing at it, and man, the car moves around a lot on the bumps. Expect there to be action. 👍

This week is going to be a lot of action .
The pit crew will work really hard reparing damaged part( and cleaning the track from all of the bumpers, doors, wings, splitters,arms etc).
It's going to be more autocross then GT3.
Who added this track to the series?

This week is going to be a lot of action .
The pit crew will work really hard reparing damaged part( and cleaning the track from all of the bumpers, doors, wings, splitters,arms etc).
It's going to be more autocross then GT3.
Who added this track to the series?
I wanted a slight change of pace to the tracks we visit. If it doesn't work out too well it won't be used again.

I wanted a slight change of pace to the tracks we visit. If it doesn't work out too well it won't be used again.

Hope it goes well. This track is so short and narrow. I hope it will stay clean but that's requires a lot of skill that I'm not sure I have.
I have to practice real hard to survive the race.

Hope it goes well. This track is so short and narrow. I hope it will stay clean but that's requires a lot of skill that I'm not sure I have.
I have to practice real hard to survive the race.
I think your overreacting slightly. Yes, the track is very narrow and there aren't very many places to overtake, but most of the drivers here will have no problems with this. It's just going to take more patience from everyone to make it work. 👍

I think your overreacting slightly. Yes, the track is very narrow and there aren't very many places to overtake, but most of the drivers here will have no problems with this. It's just going to take more patience from everyone to make it work. 👍

Maybe, we will see tommorow how it goes.

Sorry guys, I think I might have to quit this series as work has been crazy this few months. Good luck to everyone and hope to see you in gt3 s4

So, who's excited about tomorrow?
I'm quite excited!! Yet to race competively online at Tsukuba and I always find it fun to race at.
It'll be interesting to see how everyone fairs being all so close and tight, but everyone I expect will act professionally and everyone wants a clean race so it'll be great!

Has anyone laid down some practice times?

Sorry guys, I think I might have to quit this series as work has been crazy this few months. Good luck to everyone and hope to see you in gt3 s4
Shame to see you leave mate! Hope to see you back for GTWC.

I may be able to race tonight, but will have zero time to practice.

If anybody has a tune and can send it via PM, that'd be great :)

Incident Report Rulings
  • Incident in Race 1 involving @Shahar and @Mikey24: Warning for Dangerous driving by Shahar. Next offense will yield a penalty
  • Incident in race 2 involving @Brutaka, @PJTierney, @RodeRuner1967, and @Pubs16: 5B Avoidable Contact resulting in damage. Brutaka remains behind victim until pitting and further goes onto retire. Self Serve. Next offense will yield harsh penalty.
  • Incident in race 1 involving @Pubs16 and @Mikey24: Racing Incident. No Action
  • Text Speak while race is active by @Mikey24: Warning to Mikey24. Next offense will yield a penalty.
There are no points implications to report as of these rulings. Like always, each ruling can be challenged, Do so in a private conversation.

Incident Report Rulings
  • Incident in Race 1 involving @Shahar and @Mikey24: Warning for Dangerous driving by Shahar. Next offense will yield a penalty
  • Incident in race 2 involving @Brutaka, @PJTierney, @RodeRuner1967, and @Pubs16: 5B Avoidable Contact resulting in damage. Brutaka remains behind victim until pitting and further goes onto retire. Self Serve. Next offense will yield harsh penalty.
  • Incident in race 1 involving @Pubs16 and @Mikey24: Racing Incident. No Action
  • Text Speak while race is active by @Mikey24: Warning to Mikey24. Next offense will yield a penalty.
There are no points implications to report as of these rulings. Like always, each ruling can be challenged, Do so in a private conversation.

Text speaking while racing is prohibited? Is that considered "distracted driving"?

Latest Posts

Back