[ORA] - Online Racing Association

• Thread starter Litchi
  • 26 comments
France
France
3RONjYH.png

youtube.png_________twitter.png

Welcome to the home of ORA.

First and foremost, we would like to thanks all people who support us, helping to always improve the online racing system on GT6.

Yes, this group is only dedicated to online racing. Some of our members have several years of racing experience and always try to push the limits of what this game can gives to us. We analyze and debate on everything regarding online series.

We created this thread to regroup all our members, stewards, admins, and to give you, fellow member, the opportunity to give your feedback about us and how you feel the evolution of this group.

Our main values are:
- Communication
- Commitment
- Sportsmanship spirit

We are mainly focused on race cars series. We try to always use the Gran Turismo online tools to our advantage.

ORA organization is defined as follows: Admins and Stewards. It is for now a small group but we hope to grow up as quick as possible adding new members.

Founder: Litchi

Admins: They have final decision on all incidents, they discuss and decide about series rules.
CodDemon101
pyrates
Brutaka

Stewards: They give and bring new ideas to improve the racing experience, they give penalties when needed.
aboe
Charlie A
joetruckv8
Mini Stiggy
Pedro Martins
PJTierney
Pubs16
racefan88
rcb929
RodeRuner1967
SSJGZWarrior

Broadcasters and Race analists:
brntguy
OriginalCheezIt
TeamCZRRacing
Leoni Dias

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hey friends! I was hoping that you have a free spot for the 24 Hours of Le Mans race. I will appriciate it.
Cheers :)

ANNOUNCEMENT:

With Gran Turismo 6 starting to lose popularity throughout the community quite rapidly, here at ORA we have decided to create a poll for our future. We want to know what platform you think we should be racing on until GT7 comes out, assuming it will be a successful sim-racing game.
With GT World Championship Season 4 (GTWC) coming up hopefully soon, we wanted to know where it would best fit along with future series since the GT6 Racing Series forum is dying down.

Please only vote for TWO options.

Form Link

We have tagged most drivers that have competed in at least 2 ORA events.

Thank you for your votes and time.

You forgot Asseto corsa on PS4!

I thing staying with Sony is the best idea as I don't think many people will get a PC just for the ORA. I went for the two games we have as we have no idea on the realise of GT7.

May I vote? I know I'm a commentator and not a racer but I think my ability to commentate well would depend on the game.

And also please vote for the two options in which you genuinely would race in, Please don't pick an option just because it sounds cool.

I put GT6, as all the usual racers have it, and it seems like it would be a little inconvenient to switch games and have totally different physics and online setup procedures just to switch back once GT7 hits. I get the feeling that 7 is gonna be a new start for the franchise.

I put GT6, as all the usual racers have it, and it seems like it would be a little inconvenient to switch games and have totally different physics and online setup procedures just to switch back once GT7 hits. I get the feeling that 7 is gonna be a new start for the franchise.
I feel like GT7 might be a huge success too, but you also have to take into consideration the wait it will be to that game. GT6 isn't all that great of a racing sim game compared to other ones out there and it's on a older console. GT7 is planned to release earliest 2017 so you have to ask is it really worth it to stay on GT6 until GT7 comes out.

I voted for GT6 and iRacing because while everyone in the league now has GT6, I think iRacing might open up a bunch of new possibilities for different styles of racing.

I feel like GT7 might be a huge success too, but you also have to take into consideration the wait it will be to that game. GT6 isn't all that great of a racing sim game compared to other ones out there and it's on a older console. GT7 is planned to release earliest 2017 so you have to ask is it really worth it to stay on GT6 until GT7 comes out.
I voted for GT6 and iRacing because while everyone in the league now has GT6, I think iRacing might open up a bunch of new possibilities for different styles of racing.
GT7 will be on the PS4 we just don't if we want to make the change now or later. My opinion is if we switch now people can get accustomed to the system and such. It gives them time to prepare for gt7. If you wait longer to make the change then the change will be more abrupt to players. People who want to have a wheel with there GT7 ps4 will have to get both the system and the wheel at the same time. Here if you switch people can choose to just get the system now then wait later to get the wheel for GT7. This is what I did. I wanted to get PC for the PS4 so I got the system and waited till PC was out and got my wheel of choice.

I left GT7 out of my vote because it's not out yet, so only voted on games currently running. Will definitely be in on GT7.

Results complete:

[ORA] GTWC Season 4 will stay on GT6.

GT6 and PCars for PS4 tied with votes.
GT7 had 3 votes less then both of those.
The fourth highest voted was Assetto Corsa on PC.

Thanks to everyone that voted! We are planning to have the GTWC thread live in the next week or so. Sit tight!

We are also looking to add to our current staff of race commentators and broadcasters! Go to this link if you want to join!

Sorry I'm late, only pop on occasionally now as I don't play GT6 anymore.

My next racing game will probably be Forza Motorsport 6; if any of you go down that route it would be good to race with you all again.

Im currently working on it.
There are quite a few expansions from S3 so it requires more time.
Neverthless its shaping to be quite great.

One thing we are lacking however:
Does anyone know anybody that can broadcast or commentate?
We got a staff but no broadcasters.

Back