ORCA • TUNE-FREE RACING: BMW GT SPEC CHALLENGE - Sagarismic Double Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 291 comments
The last race of the series is still on for tonight I presume?

Yep, we'll still take a trip to Germany this evening. 👍

It's been a good run, thanks for all the hard work Brandon, and to your hard-working data entry/pic hosting elfs.
See you all on GT7, maybe.

Thanks. I'm not dead yet, just don't plan on hosting another points series for a while. But all the infrastructure is in place to easily start one up in the future should I decide to. For now there's better ways to have GT fun IMO.

With all this talk about poor attendance I feel very guilty to say I too am not going to be able to make it tonight; work is a massive headache right now and I don't have the time to call it a late one tonight. Maybe I can put a race in this Saturday instead if there's a place free!

With all this talk about poor attendance I feel very guilty to say I too am not going to be able to make it tonight; work is a massive headache right now and I don't have the time to call it a late one tonight. Maybe I can put a race in this Saturday instead if there's a place free!

No worries, I'm happy to see you getting some sleep for once! :lol:

@ Brandon...
You've done a great job with this and all your other series. You have a good setup and keep everything fair. I hope it won't be "too" long for the next one. :cheers:

I just wished I was more of a factor in the races. Gets fustrating and sometimes I feel that I should "retire" myself, but I still have fun so thats why I'm still here. Full time Machinist / part time Race Car Driver isn't working very well for me.:sly:

So keep up the good work B!:gtpflag:

P.S. I might be a lil late tonight.

Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to place blame on anyone or complain. I just think the current state of the game has dampened enthusiasm and the issues with bugs and stability make it difficult to offer a fair environment for points racing. I might just do a no-points series, everything stays the same except no points or registration so people can come and go as their schedule allows and nobody feels screwed if they get DC'd or encounter a bug. 👍

Thanks for coming out guys, it was good fun for about 5 laps. :lol: First time I've run outta gas in ages. :dunce:

image.jpg

Congrats to sag on another win. Maybe I can get lucky again this Saturday and give you a race.:P I'll be game for whatever future project you have in mind Brandon. I love endurance racing.👍

Very sorry Brandon, am not going to make the final race tonight. Looks like i am double booked (the wife wins i'm affraid)

Have a good one, catch you next time :)

I had planned on keeping this thing going....

I just want to reassure you, that I (also) will be on the track tonight...
A race in the closer neighborhood shouldn't be missed.

Brandon... I fully understand your motions, as I also feeling like GT6 and PD has let us down, and have under-delivered on this recent title...
The online-part in GT6 is far from finished, buggy and yet without a lot of the promised features.. The offline-part of the game is simply... hmm... dull... No challenge from the AI-drivers, not enough variety to make it exciting, not enough pay-out to be able to buy the wanted cars...
So basically, no joy at all...

I have enjoyed all the racing within this group, and do want more, but time will show if, how and where we will meet up again...

And a big Thank You, for all your work with planning and hosting, and to your IT-elfs, firmly lead by RDArdvark, for the signup-forms, score-tables etc.

:cheers:

See you later, out there..!

Unfortunately, I WILL be racing tonight. Really sorry about that. Expect to find a rolling blue chicane wandering aimlessly around the track.

Cannot believe how slow I am around this track - 2:04.xxx is my fastest and that's in broad daylight. Really hard to be consistent and very easy to make a costly mistake.

What's the deal with the armco in the dark? The chicane before the pits is absolutely blinding at night.

No worries, I've lost many a good driver to wives. :lol:

Anybody planning to race today?
I thought she was working nights tonight, but clearly i did not consult the family diary correctly :rolleyes:

I shall return. Enjoy :cheers:

Last edited:
Expect to find a rolling blue chicane wandering aimlessly around the track.

Cannot believe how slow I am around this track - 2:04.xxx is my fastest....

Then we can join up, and create a double-wide chicane/barrier... 2:04 is also my fastest time..:ouch:

What's the deal with the armco in the dark? The chicane before the pits is absolutely blinding at night.

That's why I didn't do a full time change cycle here, figured it would get annoying.

I'm about to open the room, see some of you shortly. Qualifying will start at 3pm EST

I unfortunately won't be there, I got the yellow light of death this week and have spent all week trying to get my old save back with no luck. Just bought a new ps3 home so I hope to see you all on track soon!

I've updated the final points and standings (image probably won't refresh until tomorrow morning) so everything is complete now. Congrats again to @SagarisGTB, double champ. Sorry we couldn't give you more competition. Thanks again for everyone who made the effort to come out for some racing, hopefully enthusiasm for the game picks back up soon and we can give it another go.

In the near future I will have a more casual thing organized, different car each week just for fun with no points or registration. Come race as your schedule/desire permits. In the meantime check out the two groups in my sig, @MC-Chase and @watermelonpunch both organize some great racing for your Sunday and I highly recommend both of them.

Catch you all soon, and thanks again for racing. :gtpflag:

Back