Ordonez confirms Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter Zlork
  • 251 comments
All of those answers are pretty generic "I'm not going to give you a real comment" answer as is common with PD and Kaz. I personally won't read anything into those comments.

Or, you do it like me, being a fan of GT who also plays PC sims.
There's no reason to decide between what you play, as long as you can play everything.

There's a pretty good reason actually, the reason is money. If the PS4 is anything close to $800, I see no reason to get that when I have lost much of my interest in gaming. A high end PC for racing sims is starting make much more sense. Not to mention it can be used for other things as well. :lol:

There's no point for me to spend that kind of money just for a GT game. I already made that mistake. I enjoyed RDR, MGS4 and the Uncharted games along the way, but I wouldn't have played those if not for having a PS3 to play GT5 Prologue. I certainly don't play those type of games now.

Good luck with that! Those days are over.
Considering every time the more blatant examples pop up (ie. Capcom) there is massive outrage and tons of negative publicity for whoever did it, I'd be rather hesitant to say that it's something we'll just have to put up with because that's the way things are now.

There's a pretty good reason actually, the reason is money. If the PS4 is anything close to $800, I see no reason to get that when I have lost much of my interest in gaming. A high end PC for racing sims is starting make much more sense. Not to mention it can be used for other things as well. :lol:

There's no point for me to spend that kind of money just for a GT game. I already made that mistake. I enjoyed RDR, MGS4 and the Uncharted games along the way, but I wouldn't have played those if not for having a PS3 to play GT5 Prologue. I certainly don't play those type of games now.
haha no way in hell will it be that bad.

haha no way in hell will it be that bad.

Each console generation has gone up in price, for the most part. And the line between "console" and "PC" is starting to become very blurred... So I wouldn't be too surprised.

Each console generation has gone up in price, for the most part. And the line between "console" and "PC" is starting to become very blurred... So I wouldn't be too surprised.
Yea, I understand. It's just one of those things that if it is priced that high, I don't see how'd they be able to justify that to a world that almost couldn't handle $600 and is going through a really tough time money-wise.

That's pretty much the exact same story as mine. Bought my PS3 just for GT5, and while other games (RDR especially :)) were good as well, I have no interest in buying an another console any time soon. This is why I'm still hoping GT6 will be a PS3 title.

800€ buys a very formidable gaming PC, so I'll have to think twice before I dish out such money for a console.

If GT6 will be a PS4 title, I find it hard to fathom how they can already be working on it though PS4 hasn't even been announced yet. I guess they'd get some sort of preproduction version from Sony to test the game.

OK8
If GT6 will be a PS4 title, I find it hard to fathom how they can already be working on it though PS4 hasn't even been announced yet. I guess they'd get some sort of preproduction version from Sony to test the game.
Starting work on next gen games doesn't start when that new system is officially announced; they start months or years beforehand.

PD have probably been privy to PS4 tools for months now. Scott Rohde of Sony already said PS4 games are in development. And really, it would be pretty worrying if they weren't.

Game and console prices are cheaper with each generation. In real terms. Say for example an annual 5% inflation retail index.
A £400 PS3 console price in 2006 would be equivalent to a price of £563 for PS4 in 2013 . So if a PS4 cost £560 at launch next year it would be cheaper than last generation. Same thing applies to games.

Game and console prices are cheaper with each generation. In real terms. Say for example an annual 5% inflation retail index.
A £400 PS3 console price in 2006 would be equivalent to a price of £563 for PS4 in 2013 . So if a PS4 cost £560 at launch next year it would be cheaper than last generation. Same thing applies to games.

$800 won't be as much as it was in 2006 obviously, but gaming PCs are starting to look very tasty for someone who's disappointed with GT5. Still a large amount of money just to play one game in any case.

If you just want to drive fast cars then you should find another series.
Gran Turismo has always been about driving/racing normal slower cars.
Complemented with some race cars. ;)

IMO, more accurately GT has been about driving slow to normal Japanese cars, and Skylines, with a few American and European exotics.

GT's car list is pretty balanced in terms of power. About 350 GT5 cars have over 350 HP, and about 250 have less then 200, which leaves about 500 cars in the 200-350 HP range.

amar212
Yeah? Really? And which ones should be that? Because all I got from my Forza 4 "looking forward to" is endless spam of new DLC cars (in a game that already had +500 cars to begin with)

I notice you dislike how Forza releases alot of car DLC but never track DLC. Well, does Forza need more tracks? Forza 4 has 25 locations for tracks, GT5 has 30, and that includes the 3 DLC courses and rally areas

More importantly, how about exclusive real world tracks?

GT5 has 4

Daytona
Fuji
Monza
Spa

Forza 4 has 8

Catalunya
Hockenheimring
Infineon
Mugello
Road America
Road Atlanta
Sebring
Silverstone

amar212
and one single functionality update after they were caught in blatant lie about wheel-support and linearity issues. Give me a break, please. And also sustain to throw "Horizon" in the picture, because it is not a same type of game. As a Forza fan I am utterly disappointed with level of support and updates we're (not) getting and I deeply refuse to accept the common prejudice how Forza is a great example of "how things should be done". It is factually incorrect and no spin can make it become a truth.

Would GT5 need so many functionality updates if they were added in the original game at launch like they should have been? GT5 received so many basic updates because it was rushed and incomplete, it was a case of PD fixing GT5, not adding to it. Things like generic cockpits for standard cars and the ability to remove the HUD were requested many, many times on this forum long before GT5 was released, yet modeling that extra skyline was more important to PD so they added the feature AFTER release.

Last edited:
I notice you dislike how Forza releases alot of car DLC but never track DLC. Well, does Forza need more tracks? Forza 4 has 25 locations for tracks, GT5 has 30, and that includes the 3 DLC courses and rally areas

More importantly, how about exclusive real world tracks?

They won't be exclusive if the other game has them. Bugger exclusives.

I just saw on the first page that Kaz said GT6 was started soon as GT5 was finished...................This means that GT6 hasn't been started yet:lol:

Anyway the news about the tracks has me listening again. I do hope we get much more current cars along with the tracks. I don't care if its on PS3 or PS4 as long as its far far superior package to the lackluster GT5 effort.

Why would PD rush a GT6 when the PS3 is well matched to current TV displays. What advance would there be with a PS4 ? Slightly better graphics?

I hope GT6 is on PS3.

As earth mentioned in his excellent thread, people have to consider the installed user base. I;m not sure of the number but there is over 50 million ps3 owners? That is a large pool of people to sell something to.

It could also be pitched as the swan song for the ps3, "the last great game" kind of thing.

If GT6 is on PS4 as a launch title, they will sell less copies because only people who have bought the new system will be able to buy it and not all of them will.

50+ million vs a couple million? Seems like an easy business decision.

This lets PD work on GT7 for a few years while the PS4 install base grows. They will make more money doing it this way. It will also help if people can play PS3 games on PS4.

This isn't unprecedented either. Other major titles have come out at the near of a consoles life cycle. Both Zelda: Twilight and one of the last Halo games (I don't play them so can't remember which one) were released on older hardware even though newer hardware would be out. This lets companies sell more copies since there are so many of those systems in the market already.

If Kaz is telling the truth and they began work on GT6 right after GT5 then that is 2+ years that they have already been working on it. Way to early for PS4 dev kits imo, and senseless money/business wise for the reason I mentioned above.
Everything points to GT6 being a PS3 game and I for one and happy about it.

uhhhhh... wow

Is graphics really all a racing game is made for?

Apparently so these days and as great as the graphics were for GT5 it wasn't up to par.

I could have understood we talking about the graphics of GT5 back in 2007-2008 being the best because at that time it would have been one of the only racing games out at that point.

I think at least some of us with a memory of the other games in the series were wary of the transition. At least I was. I totally expected a lack of content and other weirdness, but was pleased to know the Standards would be returning and a few new features (it's something I sorely wanted PD to have done with GT3).

GT2 and GT4 were nothing like the disappointment GT3 was for me. I'm hoping that (barely-a-)pattern will continue with the 6th.

Yeah but considering all the mistakes and criticism PD has taken from GT5, I really don't think PD will go ahead and make the same mistakes twice, or at least to the same degree.

J-KiLLA24
Yeah but considering all the mistakes and criticism PD has taken from GT5, I really don't think PD will go ahead and make the same mistakes twice, or at least to the same degree.

There playing catchup in a lot of areas. Would not surprise me if mistakes are made. In fact I expect them now.

Back