Ordonez confirms Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter Zlork
  • 251 comments
we all know the industry and xbox players will laugh hard if gt6 has standard cars (ps3 or ps4), but it's pretty obvious those are coming back.

and that PD is once again taking a million years to develop it

and that it's going to be dull

and lackluster online features

and with lots of unfulfilled promises (and rumors)

Last edited:
same was said about gt4 to gt5

the horror
GT3 didn't have a completely rebuilt physics model and had fewer cars than GT2. GT3 took 2.5 years to create, but took up 1 year of GT2's development.
GT4 had completely new physics, more cars than GT3 and a whole lot of events. That took 3ish years to create.

GT5 had completely new physics (separate kart physics too), new lighting engine, more Premium cars than GT3 :) and less than GT4, more tracks and a course maker, FLAMES!, time change and weather conditions, driver animations for every single one of the 1,083 car, online (every PS3 developer has to set up their own system), and a lot less events than GT4. Yup, more events would have made GT5 a lot better.

Wonder why GT5 took so long with the major features? The other ones were too basic compared to GT5. Adding events isn't a project like trying to create a Course Maker for the different types of driving conditions. If on the PC, the Course Maker would be more LIKE Modnation Racers and GT5 would have been easier to develop.

Griffith500
I think at least some of us with a memory of the other games in the series were wary of the transition. At least I was. I totally expected a lack of content and other weirdness, but was pleased to know the Standards would be returning and a few new features (it's something I sorely wanted PD to have done with GT3).

GT2 and GT4 were nothing like the disappointment GT3 was for me. I'm hoping that (barely-a-)pattern will continue with the 6th.

I hope that your on to something here. I did notice how much better GT4 was than GT3 then when 5 came I loved the graphics but there was that something special missing. I hope that the GT is Kick A** factor comes back when the next title is released!

I notice you dislike how Forza releases alot of car DLC but never track DLC. Well, does Forza need more tracks? Forza 4 has 25 locations for tracks, GT5 has 30, and that includes the 3 DLC courses and rally areas

More importantly, how about exclusive real world tracks?

GT5 has 4

Daytona
Fuji
Monza
Spa

Forza 4 has 8

Catalunya
Hockenheimring
Infineon
Mugello
Road America
Road Atlanta
Sebring
Silverstone

Road America
Road Atlanta

Never heard of them. Are they FIA approved racing circuits?

Also, although not perfect GT5 has Monaco track.

Last edited:
avens
we all know the industry and xbox players will laugh hard if gt6 has standard cars (ps3 or ps4), but it's pretty obvious those are coming back.

Not sure about that. Forgetting Forza planet for a moment, Forza net never mentions GT at all really.
I've not seen anyone give a damn about GT over there in a long time.

Forza is mentioned a lot more here than GT is over there I can tell you that.

If Standards are back in GT though, the yes off course your right, it will be commented on.

GT3 didn't have a completely rebuilt physics model and had fewer cars than GT2. GT3 took 2.5 years to create, but took up 1 year of GT2's development.
GT4 had completely new physics, more cars than GT3 and a whole lot of events. That took 3ish years to create.

GT5 had completely new physics (separate kart physics too), new lighting engine, more Premium cars than GT3 :) and less than GT4, more tracks and a course maker, FLAMES!, time change and weather conditions, driver animations for every single one of the 1,083 car, online (every PS3 developer has to set up their own system), and a lot less events than GT4. Yup, more events would have made GT5 a lot better.

Wonder why GT5 took so long with the major features? The other ones were too basic compared to GT5. Adding events isn't a project like trying to create a Course Maker for the different types of driving conditions. If on the PC, the Course Maker would be more LIKE Modnation Racers and GT5 would have been easier to develop.

did you have more fun with gt4 or gt5

which game had a better metacritic score

and sales

did you have more fun with gt4 or gt5

which game had a better metacritic score

and sales
I didn't have a wheel for GT4, but I'd still have more fun with GT5. It's just that my "playing style" of not needing to be competitive helped me come to that conclusion.

Metacritic, I don't care about, but it was surely GT4. The User Score on VGChartz was the second highest out of all the other GT's until, I swear to the almighty PlayStation Gods, around the time FM4 released. I was keeping track of the sales and it was keeping an average of about 20k a week for most of last year; 30,000 was more of the average at the start of the year. It hasn't changed much since and it was technically selling better than GT4 for about 8ish months to a year. I really can't remember even though there was a thread recently where I posted about it.

Road America
Road Atlanta

Not sure if they are FIA-approved, but they are ACO-approved since they are both used in ALMS and use (occasionally modified) versions of 24 Hours of Le Mans rules.

No it doesn't. It has something that looks like Monaco and is set in a vaguely Monaco-ish setting, but was intentionally made very different in practice because PD doesn't have the licence to include Monaco (which presumably goes to with whoever owns the F1 licence instead).

Though this is kind of moot, because I don't think exclusive deals should be made about this kind of stuff to begin with.

Road America
Road Atlanta

Those are probably the two best road racing tracks in America. I dont think they have the safety standards to host F1 though

Road Atlanta , blind corners, extreme elevation changes, high speed esses, a great passing opportunity, it has it all

Its called the American Nurburgring, again more elevation changes, the carousel, the kink, so many classic corners on one track

Last edited:
another_jakhole
I didn't have a wheel for GT4, but I'd still have more fun with GT5. It's just that my "playing style" of not needing to be competitive helped me come to that conclusion.

Metacritic, I don't care about, but it was surely GT4. The User Score on VGChartz was the second highest out of all the other GT's until, I swear to the almighty PlayStation Gods, around the time FM4 released. I was keeping track of the sales and it was keeping an average of about 20k a week for most of last year; 30,000 was more of the average at the start of the year. It hasn't changed much since and it was technically selling better than GT4 for about 8ish months to a year. I really can't remember even though there was a thread recently where I posted about it.

Since you mentioned the wheel I'll have to agree and the fact the a have a big flat screen TV. I think I just miss those little things.

The old map style menu
Tuner village
One make races
drag strip
Etc

Since you mentioned the wheel I'll have to agree and the fact the a have a big flat screen TV. I think I just miss those little things.

The old map style menu
Tuner village
One make races
drag strip
Etc
Nostalgia. We're all human. I miss Costa di Amalfi out of everything in GT4. I'd spend all my time on that track w/o weather and time change even before Nurburgring. It was easily my biggest missing track letdown.

With GT5, I've felt like I've had to force some things. GT4 had more events, but I won't let go of GT5's features. They're too important.

another_jakhole
Nostalgia. We're all human. I miss Costa di Amalfi out of everything in GT4. I'd spend all my time on that track w/o weather and time change even before Nurburgring. It was easily my biggest missing track letdown.

With GT5, I've felt like I've had to force some things. GT4 had more events, but I won't let go of GT5's features. They're too important.

Diddo GT5 is an amazing game. Costa di Amalfi was an SICK track!!!!! Wish had and many more of the oldies but goodies. :-)

Diddo GT5 is an amazing game. Costa di Amalfi was an SICK track!!!!! Wish had and many more of the oldies but goodies. :-)

I turn my PSP on from time to time just to play on Costa Di Amalfi, Citta Di Aria, Paris, New York, Seoul, Midfield and of course, EL CAPTAIN! :D

I never tought I would miss these tracks so much! I hope they made a comeback!

GT4 had an Impressive list of both Cars and tracks at that time ,GT5 doesn't have both.GT4 also had more events (a stupidly awesome amount really )yes it didn't have Online but it didn't need too.Don't know if I can choose between GT4 and GT5 (didn't have a wheel in during 4) as a gamer I'd probably go with 5 ,as a Petrol head I choose 4 ./nonsense post

GT4 had an Impressive list of both Cars and tracks at that time ,GT5 doesn't have both.GT4 also had more events (a stupidly awesome amount really )yes it didn't have Online but it didn't need too.Don't know if I can choose between GT4 and GT5 (didn't have a wheel in during 4) as a gamer I'd probably go with 5 ,as a Petrol head I choose 4 ./nonsense post
YUP. For me, that's especially true since I'm mostly playing offline.

Huh? That seems like it should be interchanged. GT5 is more "advanced" and has it so you can compete against thousands of people. GT4 only has offline replayability. I've always seen it as way more of a game than GT5 is due to the many factors that makes GT5 more of a serious racing games with it's improved physics and racing conditions.

Parallel play on Vita somehow?

I hope that for GT6, PD has secretly modeled many more premos that they don't want to release even as DLC for GT5. Also hope that they have tinkered with bits and pieces of some current premos so inaccuracies and inconsistencies don't accumulate in number.

As a game, including consistency and amount of events, I feel GT4 was better than GT5. Even considering the much superior GT5 physics.

The biggest issue is whether it will be for PS4 or not.

If it's released for PS3, I would wonder if any additional content could be added to 5 via DLC instead. As it seems impossible to add A-spec offline events, maybe PD could have a 'permanent' section under the online seasonal events, as well as redesigning the menu for better organisation.

Granted this stinks for those without (decent) internet connections. The other issue with PS3 would be the hardware limitations.

The alternative problem is that I don't think I would be a PS4 early adopter after my YLOD incident. And I now have a fairly up to date PC compared with the past. (Had to get B:Paradise and GTA4 for PS3 back then.)

Last edited:
uhhhhh... wow

Is graphics really all a racing game is made for?

In my eyes the graphics are as important as the physics in a driving/racing simulation. Their goal should be to reach nearly photorealistic graphics in the next years. I think GT is not a racing "game". It is always mentioned as more as a normal game and PD always want to create the best they could. I think they are on a good path.

I would say that GT is very well respected in the Forza community. Nobody laughs at it, even when the obivous mistakes in GT5 are there. The people that are ridiculing Forza are getting less and less here, thats also nice to see.

But now Kaz is also talking about GT6. That could mean that an announcement could reall happen soon. :sly:

“we’re always aiming for the latest technology and the latest expression,” could really mean a PS4 release, but it is no real proof for it. Damn, just speak clearly to us. But if it would come out on the PS3, why would they make such a secret about the console?

It is also official that Sony will announce two new tiles at the Gamescom. Europe is an important market for racing games, so it would be very possible to see something from PD.

Last edited:
Polsixe
Why would PD rush a GT6 when the PS3 is well matched to current TV displays. What advance would there be with a PS4 ? Slightly better graphics?

Hardware calculates Graphics, Physics, AI and so on. More cars on track are possible too.

Prototyp3
If Kaz is telling the truth and they began work on GT6 right after GT5 then that is 2+ years that they have already been working on it. Way to early for PS4 dev kits imo, and senseless money/business wise for the reason I mentioned above.
Everything points to GT6 being a PS3 game and I for one and happy about it..

Sadly for you that a Sony staff has a profil. He edited it yet, but he had Next Gen console since 2010 in his profil.

And you don't need a devkit to work on a new game. You can plan what features do you want, how many cars, license new track, take photos and create sound samples, new HUD, scan tracks, and so on.

Last edited:
In my eyes the graphics are as important as the physics in a driving/racing simulation. Their goal should be to reach nearly photorealistic graphics in the next years. I think GT is not a racing "game". It is always mentioned as more as a normal game and PD always want to create the best they could. I think they are on a good path.

I would say that GT is very well respected in the Forza community. Nobody laughs at it, even when the obivous mistakes in GT5 are there. The people that are ridiculing Forza are getting less and less here, thats also nice to see.

But now Kaz is also talking about GT6. That could mean that an announcement could reall happen soon. :sly:

“we’re always aiming for the latest technology and the latest expression,” could really mean a PS4 release, but it is no real proof for it. Damn, just speak clearly to us. But if it would come out on the PS3, why would they make such a secret about the console?

It is also official that Sony will announce two new tiles at the Gamescom. Europe is an important market for racing games, so it would be very possible to see something from PD.
No, I agree with that.

The guy was implying that a PS4 would mainly only be good for the graphics. It's just dumb.

\/\/
Why would PD rush a GT6 when the PS3 is well matched to current TV displays. What advance would there be with a PS4 ? Slightly better graphics?

Hardware calculates Graphics, Physics, AI and so on. More cars on track are possible too.

Sadly for you that a Sony staff has a profil. He edited it yet, but he had Next Gen console since 2010 in his profil.

And you don't need a devkit to work on a new game. You can plan what features do you want, how many cars, license new track, take photos and create sound samples, new HUD, scan tracks, and so on.
👍

GT5 has the Graphics and the physics but GT4 @ the time had the I'm the **** Factor! It was made with a little more passion.

I'm hoping that GT6 is on the PS3. If tradition is anything to go by, there are 2 GT games (ignoring prologues) on each Playstation, the first one has the new graphics and physics engine, the second adds the content. If GT5 was made on time there would have been no question of GT6 being on the PS3.
I cannot see the sense in releasing GT6 on the PS4, as it will either have reduced content as more time will have been spent building it from scratch to run on the PS4, or we'll have another long wait for it.

I'm hoping that GT6 is on the PS3. If tradition is anything to go by, there are 2 GT games (ignoring prologues) on each Playstation, the first one has the new graphics and physics engine, the second adds the content. If GT5 was made on time there would have been no question of GT6 being on the PS3.
I cannot see the sense in releasing GT6 on the PS4, as it will either have reduced content as more time will have been spent building it from scratch to run on the PS4, or we'll have another long wait for it.

I think majority does hope for it to be on PS3. This generation compared to what other companies have been saying feels like it has a lot more to give.

NFSCARBON1

1. Tradition will not always go by

PS1: worst hardware / best selling console
PS2: worst hardware / best selling console
PS3: best hardware / worst selling console slightly less than 360

GT5 was the first Game with Current and last gen cars.
PS3 was the first Sony console with HDD.

2. They don't have to do all things from scratch for the PS4.

-> We don't know on which plattform GT6 will be released. Both scenario have advantage and disadvantage. Both is possible.

% --> 50/50 in my opinion.

In 2014: 67% PS4 game.
In 2015: 85% PS4 game
In 2016: 99% PS4 game.

Last edited:
-> We don't know on which plattform GT6 will be released. Both scenario have advantage and disadvantage. Both is possible.

% --> 50/50 in my opinion.

In 2014: 67% PS4 game.
In 2015: 85% PS4 game
In 2016: 99% PS4 game.

I agree with these figures...

Back