Original Courses locations(your thoughts??$)

United States
Georgia
Barrettcsk
I have always wondered where the original courses are in GT5. There are hints surrounding the course but no real explanation as to where they are?!? Obviously we ALL SHOULD KNOW WHERE Eiger Norwand is so don't even mention that!! My thoughts that I can think of at the moment is that Trial Mountain might be in the U.K. and Cape Ring is ethier in Hawaii, South Africa, south France/Monaco.

Special stage courses are all based off real life roads in Tokyo I think. Or some Japanese city...

In my league I have all the original courses in specific locations I can't share them with you though. I will be writing a review about it soon. Nice thread though. 👍

jdmking13
in my league i have all the original courses in specific locations i can't share them with you though. I will be writing a review about it soon. Nice thread though. 👍

:sad face: : < (

Carfanatic45- Not many monkeys in scotland :D (or is that deep forest with the monkey?)

I like to think Cape ring is South Africa.

I used to think the Special Stages were Based on Japan, but why do the road signage appear on the wrong side (The french side) of the road. And written in English.

Trial Mountain has to be Japan with the Hot Springs "Miranda the Monkey" on the dead tree... that tree has been dead for decades now.... they real should do something about it.

Cape ring, has to be Japan, road markings are on the left (It isn't England - too sunny)

Ryk
I used to think the Special Stages were Based on Japan, but why do the road signage appear on the wrong side (The french side) of the road. And written in English.

Fun fact - some of the surroundings of the original SSR5 were from... Florence.

Cape Ring is located in Japan (Izu peninsula).
Pictures of the spiral bridge: http://http://fulgerica.com/en/2008/02/11/double-spiral-bridge/

i can't connect to that link :indiff:

Do you mean this?....
10.jpg

Its called the Kawazu Circular Ramp. Looks fun:eek:

Really Famine,
I think Stephen "Steve" Fry will award you 5 points for that, quite interesting fact.

I am sure the old SS5 in GT1 or GT2 had a nice clocktower where the track splits down away from the clubman layout.

I think it's quite clear that there's no real location for these tracks, but many inspirations have been gathered together to form a completely fictional environment.

Landscapes might be from one area, while other pieces from other parts of the world.

E.g. from the surroundings and the name 'Cape Ring' looks to me like South Africa, with the double spiral bridge apparently being an inspiration from Japan as a previous poster pointed out. That doesn't make it one or the other.

So, if you like to think it's the environment that makes up the location, you can try to derive it from landscape and vegetation - there will be no definite answer to actual location though.

E.g. from the surroundings and the name 'Cape Ring' looks to me like South Africa, with the double spiral bridge apparently being an inspiration from Japan as a previous poster pointed out. That doesn't make it one or the other.
On Cape Ring you can even see mt. Fuji in the background. Besides, Yamauchi himself onfimed in a tweet many months ago that its location has been inspired by the scenery visible from Izu peninsula, Japan.

Ryk
Really Famine,
I think Stephen "Steve" Fry will award you 5 points for that, quite interesting fact.

I am sure the old SS5 in GT1 or GT2 had a nice clocktower where the track splits down away from the clubman layout.

They did. SSR5 also had Palazzo Pitti.

I've always been a fan of Grand Valley, my guess is they based the sweeping uphill corner (turn 2) on eau rouge but it definately isn't in Belgium.

A lot of the orginal courses give me a mid-south european feel (Germany, austria switzerland).

I wonder some of the logic on the tracks.
The number of major tunnels (three) and a huge cantilever bridge -

Then I saw the picture of that real life spiral bridge in Japan. The Cape Ring spiral bridge seems pretty reasonable compared to the real life one.

On Cape Ring you can even see mt. Fuji in the background. Besides, Yamauchi himself onfimed in a tweet many months ago that its location has been inspired by the scenery visible from Izu peninsula, Japan.

This.

i can't connect to that link :indiff:

Do you mean this?....
10.jpg

Its called the Kawazu Circular Ramp. Looks fun:eek:

But can you hold 100 mph through the entire spiral IRL? :ill:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I could see that but the reason I sad the U.K. was because the loch Ness monster is in Scotland( : < )!
It also has a monkey, which aren't in scotland...
Those things are just little easter eggs that the devs snuck in

I think some clues could be gleaned from the direction (counter clockwise or clockwise) you race the track. Every track I know of in North and South America races counter clockwise. Everywhere else, clockwise.

Montreal - Clockwise
Mosport - Clockwise
Buenos Aries - Clockwise
Elkhart Lake - Clockwise
Virgina International - Clockwise
Lime Rock Park - Clockwise
Mexico City - Clockwise

Back