Original Nurburgring Nordschleife, Sudschleife and Betonschleife

United Kingdom
England
LeMansIndy500
Although almost totally gone I would love to see the original combined Nordschelife and Sudschleife circuits, and each one on their own.

Nordschleife (1927-1966) - 14.173 miles (22.810km)

Nurburgring%20Nordschliefe.gif

Sudschleife (1927-1970) - 4.814 miles (7.747km)

Nurburgring%20Sudschliefe%20Detailed.gif

Combined Circuit (1927-1967) - 17.564 miles (28.265km)

Nurburgring%201927.gif

Betonschleife (1927-1982) - 1.424 miles (2.292km)

Nurburgring%20Betonschleife%20Detailed.gif

For the Nurburgring currently in the game, I'd love to see a smooth+wide version. I think it would make for better racing if people could actually pass each other without going off the track or losing control, due to camber change, and wiping everyone out.

Oh I know. It's an old circuit that uses, what was, old highways but I'm just talking about adding an additional option of racing on a wide/smooth road. My opinion is that it would lead to closer competitive racing for all. Not everyone has pin-point accuracy and great car control so this would give them a better chance to race with the rest of the pack.

This idea seems to me very good, but there is a problem ... The old routes, and particularly the Sudschleife, are almost gone and I don't believe that PD could find the data that will help them to design it. Here's the comparison between the 1927 and 2002 combined circuit:

Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-2002-vs-1927.svg

Last edited:
Although almost totally gone I would love to see the original combined Nordschelife and Sudschleife circuits, and each one on their own.

Nurburgring%201927.gif

Great idea :)

How do you top the longest racing circuit in the world? You go back in time to when it was even longer. ^^
More specifically, do we want:
(A) The Nurburgring as it was before ~1967? Remember, the removal of the Sudschleife wasn't the only change. The track has been made wider and smoother in some places, plants have been cut back (I think), and some corners like Hohenrain and Karussell have been added, removed or modified quite a bit. Plus, background scenery would have to look a bit older.
or
(B) A "modern" Nurburgring which includes the Sudschleife and Betonschleife? You could interpret it as a "what if" scenario. That is, "what if the original Nurburgring's Sudschleife and Betonschleife had never been abandoned?" This option seems a little easier since the Nordschleife wouldn't need a major redesign.

Layouts:
-Gesamtstrecke (combined circuit)
-Nordschleife + Betonschleife
-Sudschleife + Betonschleife
-Nordschleife only (to bypass the Betonschleife, you'd have to run part of it backwards and go through some sharp-looking hairpins...)
-Sudschleife only (goes via StichstraBe)
-Betonschleife (maybe not that interesting...)
-Karussel-Steilstrecke short circuit ? (goes forward through Karussell, and down Steilstrecke for a very short circuit.)

How do you top the longest racing circuit in the world? You go back in time to when it was even longer. ^^
More specifically, do we want:
(A) The Nurburgring as it was before ~1967? Remember, the removal of the Sudschleife wasn't the only change. The track has been made wider and smoother in some places, plants have been cut back (I think), and some corners like Hohenrain and Karussell have been added, removed or modified quite a bit. Plus, background scenery would have to look a bit older.
or
(B) A "modern" Nurburgring which includes the Sudschleife and Betonschleife? You could interpret it as a "what if" scenario. That is, "what if the original Nurburgring's Sudschleife and Betonschleife had never been abandoned?" This option seems a little easier since the Nordschleife wouldn't need a major redesign.

Layouts:
-Gesamtstrecke (combined circuit)
-Nordschleife + Betonschleife
-Sudschleife + Betonschleife
-Nordschleife only (to bypass the Betonschleife, you'd have to run part of it backwards and go through some sharp-looking hairpins...)
-Sudschleife only (goes via StichstraBe)
-Betonschleife (maybe not that interesting...)
-Karussel-Steilstrecke short circuit ? (goes forward through Karussell, and down Steilstrecke for a very short circuit.)

yeah back then the mountains and plants were next to you , if you'd hit a bump and lose traction , goodbye to your forehead

This idea seems to me very good, but there is a problem ... The old routes, and particularly the Sudschleife, are almost gone and I don't believe that PD could find the data that will help them to design it. Here's the comparison between the 1927 and 2002 combined circuit:

Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-2002-vs-1927.svg
They can just make up the bits that have been lost to history. However, it might be hard to make the Nordschleife and Sudschleife feel similar since one would be scanned and one would not be.

There aren't many people who would truly be able to say that they got some bit wrong, or it feels too different from the real thing. Wonder how many 50+ year old racing drivers who have driven the real Sudschleife are still alive...

Nurburgring%201927.gif

I love nurburgring my favorit track

Back