• Total voters

Cowboy

Lariat Member
Premium
United States
North Dakota
RacingCowboy570
RacingCowboy570
One thing I haven't noticed in all this GTS news is any of the original tracks that have been in the series in the past. With the 19 tracks projected to be in the game it seems as though tracks like Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, and others will not be present. I understand that PD is going for a more "realistic" approach but with the VGTs in it leaves the question open.

What do you think?

Note: This is not a wish list thread

Last edited:
I predict we're going to see something like a 70% real to 30% fictional split. They've shown us Tokyo Expressway already but I don't think we're going to have the originals like Trial Mountain or Deep Forest.

I agree. Since they're aiming to stick to the more authentic aspect (sorta) of racing, I don't see them adding too many original tracks in GTS. The only original tracks I wouldn't be surprised to see are High Speed Ring, Midfield, and Apricot Hill. As those are the most realistic race layout tracks PD has.

Also, didn't it become known that Seattle short was in the game? Or has it not yet been confirmed?

Most of GT's historical, fictional tracks have been great fun to drive on over the years so I don't see any good reason to drop them from GT Sport. They may be fictional, but the layouts are challenging/well thought out enough to be worthy of online competition, i think.

Though, given that there are tracks in GT6 that had been there since GT1, instead of simply re-skinning ( or whatever it is ) the old tracks, it'd be wonderful to see them mix it up a bit by having new variations of said tacks now. They do it to real life tracks around the world, so after all these years, why not have a new Trial Mountain and others. Not totally new layouts, just take the ( subjectively ) lesser parts of each track and add something a little new, to mix things up a bit ?

If they want to truly be a proper FIA approved eSport, they should really only include real tracks, of course that won't/isn't happening though but maybe they will try to keep it to only the realistic ones, who knows.

There's a VW Golf with a bad body kit and the roof cut off racing against GT3 cars, among other VGT nonsense. Any need to keep tracks that wouldn't pass FIA scrutiny out of the game is already out the window; and I'd much rather have Trial Mountain and Deep Forest and that sort of thing than an entire game filled with Tilkedromes anyway.

The only original tracks I wouldn't be surprised to see are High Speed Ring, Midfield, and Apricot Hill. As those are the most realistic race layout tracks PD has.
I'd say that they should include Red Rock Valley. I know they rebuilt Midfield for GT6, but Red Rock is like Midfield but longer and with more character. I'd much rather see it return than Seattle. But as I keep lobbying, I want to see all the classic GT tracks reappear in the series.

We all know how much is hard to get licensed tracks nowadays, especially those covered in other franchises other than GT (like those used for F1, i heard those are Codemasters only iirc) so if we get those tracks that are the most realistic of the original tracks ( Apricot - Mid Field - Grand Valley) i can only be happy. Better if they add complete time and weather change, even if static.

I dont understand what PD is trying to do with this game...
It seems to me just a revamped GT6 (take out the standard cars) or a prologue to GT7 disguised as a spin off...

At least FM and FH Series explore two different ways of driving... To me GTS it's just a GT7P with more online Racing than offline...

The more i know about GTS the less i Like it...

I Like the GT way of doing and on PC i own the games that more look like GT (NFS:S NFS:S2U) but this GTS it's just a Prologue with a different name...

One thing I'd like them to add to the fictional tracks is track texture. The fictional tracks we've had so far all have very flat track surfaces. I'd like to see more small bumps and deformations in the track, just like the imperfections that real tarmac tracks develop over time.

One thing I'd like them to add to the fictional tracks is track texture. The fictional tracks we've had so far all have very flat track surfaces. I'd like to see more small bumps and deformations in the track, just like the imperfections that real tarmac tracks develop over time.
Midfeld have bumps in last harpin when you miss ideal line in that corner. Other track are flat, and agree with you.

Wouldn't that be cool? The more you race on a given track, the quicker it develops bumps over time, and the more grip it loses. Then every so often - say, six months or so - PD releases an update to "repave" all the tracks and set them back to their default bumpiness and grip levels. In the final update, the road surface wear simulation would be removed to prevent tracks from becoming undrivable in the future.

I'd like to see fictional tracks, as that's part of the legacy of the GT series.

That being said, I don't know which would be "easier" for PD to implement - fictional tracks built around real-life locations, such as the SoDo/Pioneer Square/Waterfront area of Seattle, or rebuilding some of the classic countryside circuits of past GT games like Deep Forrest to bring them up to PS4 standards?

Whichever direction PD takes, I still feel that the fictional tracks created by PD have been so well done that it helps differentiate GT games from so many others.

Grand Valley is better than any tilkedromes. Minus some crazy jumps, the old GT tracks have a good flow and feel very natural. Their greatest strength is that they have been imagined for a video game purpose. IMO for example, Le Mans must be something intense in real life but often boring in a video game.

I love the GT original tracks...
Midfield, Apricot Hills, SSRX...
But i would like this GTS to be different... Real cars and Real tracks only For a spin off based on Real Racing...
VGT and original tracks should stay in regular GT Series...
Something Like NFS and its spinoffs Prostreet, Shift, Shift2...

But maybe i was dreaming Too much...

Back