other games of interest

wow, that does look pretty good!! (demo is at an astonishing 57% download status, hehehe) dang, looks like the PS2 is gonna be the system to have, once again, if you want some real games, IMO of course :D so Ico isn't as short as I've heard? I've truely been not-playing it just for that reason, but if it's not really that short......

I found quite a few more pics of toca, and DAMN it looks sweet. And Ico...well, in hindsight, the game itself is not long. But it all depends on you, at how quickly you solve the puzzles, and if you always RUSH everywhere you go, then it CAN be a short game. But me, i took my time. i liked to walk more then i did run. As for the puzzles, some of them were a pain in the ass! and some of them were easy as pie. Also, how well you control your character plays a big role on how long it'll take as well. if you die alot, then you'll take longer 8) and i loved fighting off those creepy shadow beasts, so i would sometimes linger about just for a good fight..hehehe But, if you read a walkthrough (as so MANY people do) then the game will be no fun, and yes it will be short. My advice, just take your time. play as much as you like, just dont feel like you have to rush! stop and look at the detail, and gaze at the beutifull world they made. thats the only true way to really appreciate Ico.

Yea, that's basically what I'm doin with it. I've almost reverted to a walkthrough once or twice, but have restrained myself. I know how that cheapened the tomb raider series when I'd do it, and this game just seems too cool for that. modellista is at 77% :)

Originally posted by masonholmes
Yea, that's basically what I'm doin with it. I've almost reverted to a walkthrough once or twice, but have restrained myself. I know how that cheapened the tomb raider series when I'd do it, and this game just seems too cool for that. modellista is at 77% :)

WOOOOOOOO! get ready to cream your pants!! im guessing another 20 or so mins!!

im trying to refrain from posting pics, don't wanna slow down your d/l. but this is just too damn nice!

Attachments

• speed12.jpg
    speed12.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 22
she's climbing fast at 93%! I think my server must've upgraded or somthin :) Man, those pics do look good, lets just hope the physics of the game are as good as it looks!

well, the download completed.. I must say it is definetly a different approach as far as graphics go, still, looks pretty sweet. I think if the physics of it are good, it could be a killer, because of it's different approach and all :) I'm goin to bed now, at 8am. maybe I'll sleep for a few hours, get up and battle some shadow wraiths while my enchanted princess scratches her elbow :) Thanks for the info!
peace,

s'more TOCA. i had to shrink the rez of the pics because they were a bit large for this forum. but they retain most of the pictures detail. other then that, i like where this game is going ;)

Attachments

• whewy.jpg
    whewy.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 18
Originally posted by masonholmes
well, the download completed.. I must say it is definetly a different approach as far as graphics go, still, looks pretty sweet. I think if the physics of it are good, it could be a killer, because of it's different approach and all :) I'm goin to bed now, at 8am. maybe I'll sleep for a few hours, get up and battle some shadow wraiths while my enchanted princess scratches her elbow :) Thanks for the info!
peace,

Yea, alot of people really hate cel-shading. but i've always had the opinion that if it used right, it can look as good and sometimes better then traditional graphics. enjoy your sleep!

Originally posted by higgimonster
Ok, I tried to figure it out but i can't do much right now except stare into space. So, what is cel-shading?

well, basically its just a different technique in displaying the world digitally. Everything tends to looks very cartoonish, there isn't as much fine detail. But if im not mistaken, this in turn frees up more power for detail in other areas, such as higher detail models and greater amount of special effects (and higher quality). Imagine a cartoon comeing to life, and still looking cartoon. thats wut happens when you use cel-shadeing. If you really want to understand, i'd suggest you d/l the clip. its quite nice 8)

I guess I should have added that I will understand a technical description much more so then common-speak (TM) explanations. :sly:
I will check out the video in a few minutes when it is done d/l ing.
I am impressed w/ the shots posted so far, especially the one with the blazin gir...cars.

lol, it is technical, but I understand it. Seems interesting enough. I read a while ago that there was some work being done to make 3d models and such look like drawn cartoons. I don't think this has any relation to what i read a while back but it reminded me of it.
Thanks for the link.

Originally posted by higgimonster
lol, it is technical, but I understand it. Seems interesting enough. I read a while ago that there was some work being done to make 3d models and such look like drawn cartoons. I don't think this has any relation to what i read a while back but it reminded me of it.
Thanks for the link.

Well, it might. ya never know. as i think there is only one method of achieving that look. and, np

Back