Overall Best Car - Not based on performance points -

Although i have all the different cars and my garage is full ( 152 max ) the 599 still is hard to beat as a good allrounder and still tricky in a good way.

There are perhaps better cars, but it all depends on personal preferences, the Corvette is also one of my favourites to drive and in a lot of ways very similar to the 599.

The R8 and the GT-R might be considered as the best allrounders, not the fastest or the trickiest to drive ( both 4WD ) but still a lot of fun.

Oh, and the Ferrari California is much easier to drive than the 599 with almost similar lap times, but it is in my opinion the ugliest car Ferrari has ever made.
^Good info.

I used the California to complete all S events even if it didnt tune up to the allowed PP. I just love how twitchy it is.

I been driving the Cali a lot latley, It's an amazing car. I haven't really put a lot of time in to cars other than the lotus' though. I just randomly descided whats this new Califoria doing here and gave it a go and loved it.

The Clio deserves special mention (though based on performance points), It has one of the mose usable powerbands of all engines and handels very well. On R1 tires its the best at Susuka 550pp RWD right now. Mabey tied with Evora and NSXR on S3's but I am more consistant with the Clio on R1's.

From my experience the best stock car (no modifications to gering or suspension) not factoring PP is the California (The stock gearing is close to perfect). If anyone wants to disagree and voice their preferance I welcome it. I too am looking for a better car to drive. This of course excludes the F2007 and Citroen GT.

Last edited:
@salmoally...i only just started using pro physics about 2 weeks now and at first it's soo difficult (for me anyway) but it's more fun when you get used to it. I just jumped in without any aids but depends whether you think you need them or not really.

I guess it's all about practice eh? :sly:

Been doing tons of laps without the aids for the past week and Im seeing some very nice improvements. I am even confident enough to go manual with the H-gate shifter on my g25 on some tracks!

Think me new fav is The Mines Skyline...handles so well! esp nice for a noob like me :)

I guess it's all about practice eh? :sly:

Been doing tons of laps without the aids for the past week and Im seeing some very nice improvements. I am even confident enough to go manual with the H-gate shifter on my g25 on some tracks!

Think me new fav is The Mines Skyline...handles so well! esp nice for a noob like me :)

lol, i'm starting on g25 and at the moment i'm as bad as my cat could be! All over the place, but yeah practice is key really, i'm currently trying to improve on suzuka and fuji but at the moment i'm failing lol. Even if the lap is slow, in pro physics and no aids (abs on 1 for me:P) i get more satisfaction than doing a blistering lap in standard physics

I think the RX-7 deserves a special mention. It's certainly not the fastest car in the game, but for me it's one of the most fun to drive; very predictable, with a good neutral chassis balance and the ability to steer with your right foot if you so desire.

Absolutely agree 👍

Add to that the Ferrari 512BB, Honda NSX-R, Ford GTLM and Ferrari F40, for me the most enjoyable cars in the game, and in the right hands capable of beating most of not all cars at their optimum PP.

All the best
Maz

I also add the Ferrari California to my top list, although the car has a super V8, delicous dual-clutch, and a beautiful interior, the car gets boring. It's too perfect. That said, I don't have a real winner, except I am extremely fond of the Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP. 5 Speed? Sure. 300hp? Sure. Beautiful drifts and an Aston Martin beater? Sure.

I really like the way the Ferrari California drives, love the Blitz as well, it is a smooth and powerful machine.

My favorite car to drive is the Ferrari F40. I'm not a big fan of Ferrari, but I love absolutely everything about this car.

I also enjoy the '02 Viper and Morrison Corvette.

I favorite has to be the tuned Vette, but the Integra Type R is a close second. I especailly enjoy it around Eiger. Then after the Integra comes to F430.

Love the amuse it just keeps on accelerating whatever gear its great and it handels pretty well also. The Audi R8 is pretty nice I like its handeling at Eiger where I can throw it into the hairpins and it drifts enough to help with the corner but never loses control. I hate the GTR however it is opposite of the R8 it is just bucket fulls of understeer into the hairpins.

Love the amuse it just keeps on accelerating whatever gear its great and it handels pretty well also. The Audi R8 is pretty nice I like its handeling at Eiger where I can throw it into the hairpins and it drifts enough to help with the corner but never loses control. I hate the GTR however it is opposite of the R8 it is just bucket fulls of understeer into the hairpins.

It also makes you feel the same way that most journalists feel- not a car, but just a machine.

For me the question for the best car can only be answered with the car that provided me with the biggest fun, because at the end of the day fun is the only one reason I bother to turn on the Playstation. And without any doubt the answer to that is the 512BB :D. This car is proven slower that many other RWD driven at the same PPs, but it's things like

- the sound: (goose-bumpy, to me alone the F40 is competion in this regard)
- the handling: tailhappy as powerfull RWDs without funny electronics should be, but not snappy
- the history of this car speaks for itself anyways
- most importantly making THIS car stand out: the commuity it had racing it. Close racing with often pure (512 only) grids.

All these things make this car special and most fun to me, therefore the best car in this game.

Ren
And without any doubt the answer to that is the 512BB :D.

- the handling: tailhappy as powerfull RWDs without funny electronics should be, but not snappy
- most importantly making THIS car stand out: the commuity it had racing it. Close racing with often pure (512 only) grids.

All these things make this car special and most fun to me, therefore the best car in this game.

Amen brother 👍 👍

tXHMnjqbt.jpg

I enjoy the Mine's Skyline GTR.I can really smoke the AI in this car and my tuning set-up keeps this car glued to the track.

My most recent favourite car is the Amuse/Opera 350z RS (Concept by GT). It's not the fastest or most agile car out there, but I find it to be well balanced and really fun to drive. It's also one of the best looking cars in Prologue in my opinion, especially in the blue colour paint :) Can't wait for GT5 to be released so I can take it for a ride around Nurburgring!

Ren
For me the question for the best car can only be answered with the car that provided me with the biggest fun, because at the end of the day fun is the only one reason I bother to turn on the Playstation. And without any doubt the answer to that is the 512BB :D. This car is proven slower that many other RWD driven at the same PPs, but it's things like

Agree, it is a very fun car do drive, and it feels like proper racing although as you say it's not as fast as other cars. The cockpit view of it is also gorgeous.

One of my favorites is the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X tuned.

I find it to be a very predictable, well handling car. I don't expect to win many races with it on high speed tracks but the faster cars better not make many mistakes ;)

The best Car? We'll we all have a different idea on what makes a car great, some prefer handling others outright speed. For me I love the Lotus Elise 111R/ Tuned!:D:tup:
Although the Mine's GT-R is really good too.:sly:
R*

My favorite car also! Its SOO damn quick and effortless around corners. I think its better to have a car thats not that fast on the straightaway but NUTS in the corners. The reason for that is that it messes with peoples heads online. Every lap, they might pass you by a like 20 feet on the straightaway and then you molest them in the corners. It pushes them to work harder in the corners with a big heavy car and 90% of the time they crash! Lol.

Seeing as I've filled up my garage with every car in the game, I only drive for the fun of it, not speed, grip or lap times. I also find a fair bit of fun in drifting these days as well.

So when asking myself this question I asked myself if I could only drive one car for a year in GT5 what would it be, and the answer really shocked me.

2008 Ford Mustang, with the TVR Tuscan coming as a runner up (when the Mustang breaks down :sly:)

I seriously can't find anything more fun that trying to tune and control this truck heavy powerhouse. It can drift every track with ease (Eiger is a bit hard) and learning how to corner this monster is bloody fun!

My favourite, especially for the S-10 stage on the S licence, is the Ford GT LM which is found under the Gran Tourismo button at the end of the Manufacturers list. It got me a gold cup and actually was in first place by the end of lap 3 out of 5,

For most of the other races, especially on the A licence I used the Mines Skyline. It helped me out a lot. Very forgiving too.

Back