Overall Best Car - Not based on performance points -

I am sure this thread has been done to death, but I did try and search even a similar thread on the search feature and found nothing. If I am using it incorrectly I am sorry. At least it isn't about damage! :dunce:

Anyway, not based on performance points, what do you think the best car is in Gran Turismo 5: Prologue? I haven't collected very many, but would like to know of a better car so I can perform better on my Class S events. I really have been doing a lot more driving than collecting so all I have are 15 - 20 cars. The best one in my arsenal is clearly the Ferrari 599 GTB '06. This is a nice car. I can take a 45 degree turn at more than 100 mph on the High Speed Rink without losing control. This is without doubt an amazing car. However, the question is what is the best car. And I must exclude the F1.

Simple question really; is there a better car out there than the GTB? If so what?

To each his own but my favorite is the Blitz Dunlop, require a little tuning but it's fast and have good handling. Plus, you can use it for anything from hot lap to drifting.

But can you take that same corner, Taking Turns, using the 599 on real life spec tyres BETTER than any other car in the game?

Although i have all the different cars and my garage is full ( 152 max ) the 599 still is hard to beat as a good allrounder and still tricky in a good way.

There are perhaps better cars, but it all depends on personal preferences, the Corvette is also one of my favourites to drive and in a lot of ways very similar to the 599.

The R8 and the GT-R might be considered as the best allrounders, not the fastest or the trickiest to drive ( both 4WD ) but still a lot of fun.

Oh, and the Ferrari California is much easier to drive than the 599 with almost similar lap times, but it is in my opinion the ugliest car Ferrari has ever made.

I personally love the Ford GT. Its very predicable and in stock form is pretty fast in class. The Z06 is also a lot of fun but slightly more twitchy. I have a tuned F430 that is speced to the stats of the 430 Scuderia (ie less weight, more power, correct gearing, stiffer suspension etc). That car is a lot of fun to drive as well. My setup kills the understeer and brings nice smooth throttle out oversteer. In the end I love the Ford GT the most. Having ridding shot gun in one it also feel like its the most accurately modeled car as well (also probably because KY owns one).

I won most challenges in the tuned Corvette because of its predictability, power/speed and handling behaviour. I'm not a fan of USA cars at all in general but it clearly cut it best compared to the other cars in Prologue.

I loved the Amuse S2300 GT1. For some reason I have trouble keeping the Ford GT and the Corvette from breaking loose and doing doughnuts all the time. The Amuse with a little toe handles, (to me) like it's on rails.

The best Car? We'll we all have a different idea on what makes a car great, some prefer handling others outright speed. For me I love the Lotus Elise 111R/ Tuned!:D:tup:
Although the Mine's GT-R is really good too.:sly:
R*

HN7
To each his own but my favorite is the Blitz Dunlop, require a little tuning but it's fast and have good handling. Plus, you can use it for anything from hot lap to drifting.

Hahaha, since the day I bought this game I have played *every* single event in the most realistic settings save for the driving line. I can still get a 1:10 time on High Speed Rink. Not bragging, just for comparison.

The best Car? We'll we all have a different idea on what makes a car great, some prefer handling others outright speed. For me I love the Lotus Elise 111R/ Tuned!:D:tup:
R*

Aww yeahh..

R*

These are two of the best cars IMO. Lotus is very quik in the corners but lacks a bit of power for staight line speed. But not much :)

The Mines BNR34 has so much power and heaps of grip. I used it for all the S events where I could. It's just so angry when it hits power at redline when you tune it.

Strange in GT5 Prologue, I believe the Clio Tuned was a revelation when I first drove it. Do not believe it will be this good in real life somehow.
I admit, being punted off by them in online races, I also have build some prejudice, but in some S-Class events it will be extremely fast.

Not saying it is my favourite car to drive, it is just fast.

Audi R8, slow, but good looking. Ferrari California is a really good car, better than i thought. One of my favorites is the M3 and the GTr-Proto.
I don´t prefer a special car.

I won most challenges in the tuned Corvette because of its predictability, power/speed and handling behaviour. I'm not a fan of USA cars at all in general but it clearly cut it best compared to the other cars in Prologue.

I have to agree! I found the tuned Corvette to be a superb car, that could 'kick it' with every car no matter the power point requirements. The tuned Skyline Concept (?) was another car I turned to time and again. 👍

well different strokes for different folks my friend.. i prefer handling overall cause having a car with ubsurd power and no grip is a waste of time and rubber... my choices would be 1) Amuse/Honda S2000 GT1 Turbo, and 2) Corvette Z06/Tuned.. with R3 tires all around you cant go wrong my friend...

Tbh im enjoying the slower cars atm like the Integra lol. Some reason I spin out a lot on the faster cars atm (im new). SHould I turn driving aids on or try learning without btw?

I can get the ford gt40 lm spec around 3-4 corners and i spin out:guilty:...all aid are off

for me the corvette tuned is sooo difficult, guess i'm not that good yet at RWD cars.
Another tricky car is the ford gt lm spec.

Saying that the ford gt stock and gtr and mines skyline are my favorites:)

@salmoally...i only just started using pro physics about 2 weeks now and at first it's soo difficult (for me anyway) but it's more fun when you get used to it. I just jumped in without any aids but depends whether you think you need them or not really.

The F40, not the fastest or easiest to drive, but that enormous wave of power that arrives at 3500rpm is very cool, turbo lag never has been so sexy before! :embarrassed:

Also, I love the way it looks, low ride height, fat tires, rustic intakes and it's light as it could be back at the time, I love it.

Overall best car for the tracks avialable in Prolouge.

Clio works well for long and short tracks.
Amuse comes in second with the Elise tuned in 3rd

For just the long tracks it would be GT40 LM Concept, GTR and Cali.
Note: F1 car but thats not even a fair comparison to the other cars.

I agree with "Vince_Fiero" I don't believe the Clio would be as good in real life. Cuz if it was you'd think that it would be real popular in the GT classes specially in the 24hr endurance in the Ring. Or maybe even Kaz would choose to race that instead of the Lexus. haha!

@salmoally...i only just started using pro physics about 2 weeks now and at first it's soo difficult (for me anyway) but it's more fun when you get used to it. I just jumped in without any aids but depends whether you think you need them or not really.

I use a controller still (primitive...yes) and always found it hard to step into pro physics, but once you start tuning cars, they handle so much better.

Ferrari California, pro physics, 700pp with tuning done has to be the car I always come back to. It is such a fast car that is just so close to the limit. Love it! 👍

Controller with PRO physics is not hard, I'm quite good at it. As for my favorite car, I love love love the 2009 Lotus Evora. It's just so sexy, that beautiful sheetmetal, the beautiful interior (although the steering wheel blocks some forward view), and the nice Toyota 276 HP V6 sourced from the Toyota Camry. Reliable AND fast. I love it.

I think the RX-7 deserves a special mention. It's certainly not the fastest car in the game, but for me it's one of the most fun to drive; very predictable, with a good neutral chassis balance and the ability to steer with your right foot if you so desire.

Back