Oversteer feedbackPS4 

• Thread starter J-PaP
  • 37 comments
Okay. I put it at 10% just to get a small vibration letting me know something's not "smooth". I'm on the G29 so FFB isn't that great compared to higher end I guess. Kerb is at 30% and Road is at 50%. Understeer thingy is on.

What's the point of Slip FFB is default the game wants it at 0%

As far as I understand, and referring to the video above, those values should all be set to ZERO for most realistic feedback, as per the developer, and as was intended by the developer!
Those values are all "additional" feedback! So if you feel that the slip FFB feel let's say is too low to your liking, and you want to feel it more, you can increase this value!

Okay. I put it at 10% just to get a small vibration letting me know something's not "smooth". I'm on the G29 so FFB isn't that great compared to higher end I guess. Kerb is at 30% and Road is at 50%. Understeer thingy is on.
Understeer isn't good option have switched on, when it's on it will cut your FFB signal feed too much at it makes regaining grip harder than when it's off. Game will give you proper understeer feedback without it, that option just exaggerate effect way over.

For what it's worth lads, after the last couple of patches I'd been struggling to feel what the rear wheels were doing, they were letting go on me without warning and I couldn't trust any of the cars I was driving.

A friend suggested a full reinstall, it could be the placebo effect but I don't think it is. The game feels brand new to me again, I can push harder and I'm starting to catch slides again.

In PCars 1 a reinstall every once in a while always worked wonders too.

Something to consider if you are left scratching your head as I was.

For what it's worth lads, after the last couple of patches I'd been struggling to feel what the rear wheels were doing, they were letting go on me without warning and I couldn't trust any of the cars I was driving.

A friend suggested a full reinstall, it could be the placebo effect but I don't think it is. The game feels brand new to me again, I can push harder and I'm starting to catch slides again.

This is something us console players don't think about, where as on PC we are aware our software can get messed up with updates etc. It is like Windows last update, it corrupted the integrity of a lot of PC's, but many were fine like mine. On console we don't even consider software could lose integrity with updates.

Glad to hear you've solved your issue. I'm not a great driver, by any means, but the way Assetto Corsa is right now - I've never felt as connected to the road. I used to bang my head against the wall due to how often I lost the rear end - especially since I drive street legal cars the majority of the time. Now? I'm catching them so much more frequently and easily compared to the end of the year 2016. I don't remember what update was the recalculated inertia and v10 tires for everybody update. Since then...

VBR
Same for me. I find when the cars go they just slide away ice physics style very slowly with no feel through the wheel, & they're almost impossible to correct. I'm great in all driving games & sims at correcting oversteer, have been for 15 years now. AC is the only game where doing what I have done in reality doesn't have the same effect.

In a real car, especially one without power steering, as the rear slides out the wheel will begin to pull in the same direction. You can feel this very much in reality, but hardly at all in the game.

In a real car we have the chassis underneath us communicating.
These sims are getting very good, but unless you can afford a motion rig, not that good.

I've had no issues with Corsa, and find it quite good with the T150 going light indicating the rear is starting to step out.
I try to make sure my braking is always completed before corner entry, standard acceleration at the apex.

One of the many reasons I enjoy this sim, you can't hammer down too early or come in too hot.
You have to really work each corner.
Best of luck out there.

Back